| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Celebrities/"celebrities" you have seen in real life
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:51 am 
Saggy Butt

Dunebug wrote:
You've met Johnny Depp, and yet your heart belongs to Axl?
If we were talking Appetite for Destruction Axl, sure... He'd be a contender... But Johnny? He's in a league of his own.

haha! I didn't really talk with Johnny Depp. He was talking with someone outside of the Rainbow Bar & Grill in L.A. as we were heading in. I was newly married so I think I didn't drool that much :P

Regarding Axl, I think that many people have misjudge him. What I said before had nothing to do with looks. He is just too special to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My only celebrity sighting was Vanilla Ice at Six Flags. He was there with his kids and boatload of bodyguards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Apparently I ate dinner in the same restaurant as the guy who plays Big from Sex and the City (Chris Noth is his name, I think). I've never seen that show in my life, so....whatever. I guess it's kind of neat.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 pm 
Tofu Pup

My husband and I met Dean Allen Spunt from No Age at a bar last year in Raleigh. Then we saw him again a couple weeks ago at Chicago Diner.

Also while in Raleigh, we met Bradford Cox from Deerhunter & Atlas Sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Dynah - Jared, my love! :D Jealous.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Jigglypuff wrote:
Apparently I ate dinner in the same restaurant as the guy who plays Big from Sex and the City (Chris Noth is his name, I think). I've never seen that show in my life, so....whatever. I guess it's kind of neat.

Chris Noth is also from Law + Order!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:38 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i'd love to be near chris noth. rawr. and let's not forget the good wife! it's so good!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 am 
Nailed to the V

All of my sightings happened while on high school band trips! Weird.

I rubbed elbows with Kevin Bacon (as in I actually bumped his elbow and apologized and turned cherry red) at the Experience Music Project in Seattle.

My marching band performed "Dancin' in the Street" with Martha Reeves at some random church in Portland and I stood next to her in the photo! The whole performance was a total surprise and the congregation just loved it.

While waiting to be picked up at LAX, the whole band got honked at by a limo and then waved at by Tom Arnold.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am 
Nailed to the V

OH! And during a temporary job at Walgreens, I was working the cash register on Christmas day and got to ring up Art Alexakis of Everclear. I was heavily warned not to bring up his band, apparently he hates it. He bought egg nog and shampoo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:23 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Ran into Andi McDowell in Earthfare, Asheville. Also met Walter Cronkite many years ago and shook his hand. Saw Danny Divito and his wife on Sanibel, Florida in a grocery store. Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel way back when they were married were on the island I lived on but didn't get to meet them. My 16 year old daughter got to meet them and talked to Billy Joel. It was on a ferry boat to the island we lived on and he came in to talk to the girls and then took them out to meet Christie. Very exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

Steffers! wrote:
OH! And during a temporary job at Walgreens, I was working the cash register on Christmas day and got to ring up Art Alexakis of Everclear. I was heavily warned not to bring up his band, apparently he hates it. He bought egg nog and shampoo.

I've met Art Alexakis a few times, but we've mostly had weird conversations about where exactly his sister lives in relation to my high school (seriously, we've had this conversation more than once and not because he forgot about it since the second time it was to say, "Hey, I remembered the name of the cross street!" because I really needed to know that...) He once told me I looked good and was nice enough to leave off "for your age," although that was implied by the context of the weird conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:57 pm 
Nailed to the V

monkeytoes wrote:
Steffers! wrote:

I've met Art Alexakis a few times, but we've mostly had weird conversations about where exactly his sister lives in relation to my high school (seriously, we've had this conversation more than once and not because he forgot about it since the second time it was to say, "Hey, I remembered the name of the cross street!" because I really needed to know that...) He once told me I looked good and was nice enough to leave off "for your age," although that was implied by the context of the weird conversation.

Oh my goodness, that's really cute! He seems like a nice person, but maybe it's because I didn't start screaming "ohmygodSantaMonicaismyfavoritethankyouuuuuu!"

Mr. Steffers would like the world to know that he was dissed by Coolio at the Copper Penny. I'm really not sure why he's proud of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

Steffers! wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Steffers! wrote:

Oh my goodness, that's really cute! He seems like a nice person, but maybe it's because I didn't start screaming "ohmygodSantaMonicaismyfavoritethankyouuuuuu!"

Mr. Steffers would like the world to know that he was dissed by Coolio at the Copper Penny. I'm really not sure why he's proud of that.

I think the main reason he even talked to me was to avoid the shrieking 15 year olds behind me screaming "ohmygodSantaMonicaismyfavoritethankyouuuuu!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I met Flogging Molly once. They were nice.
I kind of met Craig Finn (The Hold Steady) but I didn't say anything to him, he just shook my brother's hand and said hi.
My cousin recently opened a restaurant in Long Island and one night, he made dinner for and served Paul McCartney. I wasn't involved in this at all but when the news made its way to my branch of the family I kind of jumped up and down and shrieked a little.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:33 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

At work on Friday, there was this woman looking at the gifty items near the counter who looked really familiar but I couldn't place her. When she came to pay and spoke, I thought "Holy crepe! That has to be Macy Gray! No one else has a voice like that!" After she left, my colleague and I looked at each other and said at the same time "Was that Macy Gray?"

The next day, I found out that she was in town for a performance that night, so it must have been her!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:56 pm 
Semen Strong

My best celebrity sighting ever, was in 2002 when I was at Babbo (pregan obvs), which was this super-exclusive Italian place and my then BF and I were there to celebrate an anniversary. AND WE WERE SEATED NEXT TO VINCE FORKING NEIL. He was with a large party of aging groupies and entourage, but they sat next to us and I kept saying "OMG ITS VINCE FORKING NEIL" and my boyfriend was embarrassed for me and no one else seemed to know who they were. IT WAS VINCE FORKING NEIL!

I've also been in the elevator with Mario Cuomo, where I squeaked "ITHINKYOURANAWESOMEGOVERNOR!" And he said thank you. Oh and two Supreme Court Justices: Justice Breyer and Justice Souter. Where I couldn't say anything but hyperventilated like an idiot. We also bumped into Mayor Bloomberg and his girlfriend in the part walking with an entourage and I was staring at him like a freak because he is really tiny, so I was having a hard time reconciling his face with how small he is. Same thing when I saw SJP and Matthew Broderick. Tiny people. Oh Jennifer Lopez is also tiny.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

When I was in college in Indiana, so like, 2005, a bunch of us who were doing queer stuff on campus brought Leslie Feinberg in as a guest speaker and we all got to have dinner with hir. A year later, I read some poetry at an open mic in NYC and Leslie was there. After the show, ze came up to me and told me my poem was "hot" (it was a sex poem). I asked if ze remembered me and ze said, "of course, from Indiana!"

I once hung out with Alix Olson for a bit after one of her shows. I told her I write songs and poetry too, and she asked me what my name was and said I should let her know when I put out an album. Then she hugged me!

The Clintons moved to my hometown after the end of Bill's presidency, and I saw him at Borders once. I didn't even notice him at first, but then a little kid shouted "DADDY DADDY IS THAT BILL CLINTON OVER THERE??!!?" and everyone in the store looked, and sure enough.

In 5th grade I was in a rock band with Chevy Chase's daughter. We used to have sleepovers at their enormous house and swim in their swimming pool. One time he came downstairs in his underwear. I guess he forgot we were there. He was always really nice to us kids, but my dad told me years later that Chevy was always really rude to my dad when my dad would come pick me up at their house. Alan Menken's daughter was in our band too, but I never went to their house or got to know him really.

Also, totally doesn't count since I never met her, but Vanessa Williams went to my high school, had my same biology teacher, and sat in the same seat as I did. Dar Williams (whose same last name is only a coincidence) also went to my high school, and so did The Babysitter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:03 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I met Jenna Jameson. She's surprisingly nice. Also met Holly Madison. Her boobs are weird. Was in the same breathing space as P. Diddy.

Also met the cast of MTB3 and MTB4.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:40 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

noelalexis2000 wrote:
Ran into Andi McDowell in Earthfare, Asheville. Also met Walter Cronkite many years ago and shook his hand. Saw Danny Divito and his wife on Sanibel, Florida in a grocery store. Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel way back when they were married were on the island I lived on but didn't get to meet them. My 16 year old daughter got to meet them and talked to Billy Joel. It was on a ferry boat to the island we lived on and he came in to talk to the girls and then took them out to meet Christie. Very exciting.

I saw Billy Joel in Central Park! He was taking his daughter (she was a baby at the time) on the carousel. I was cutting class.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:18 am 
Tofu Pup

I went to church with Ryan Gosling when we were 14ish.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:31 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I helped Tim Meadows pick out wine the other day. I was in a really shitty mood, and had been kind of an asparagus to all the other customers. Being nice to him for five minutes ended up improving my mood a little. Hope he liked the wine.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

In NYC several years ago, I saw Max Weinberg at a big art show. He was wearing a hideous sweater. Also in NYC a couple years ago, I saw Kim Kardashian walking around Washington Square Park in these mincy little high heels.

But my favorite was meeting Russ Rankin (from Good Riddance) at the mall here where I live. I spoke to him and we ended up being email pals for 2 years or so after that. He was actually the first vegan I ever met, and I remember being like...totally clueless about veganism back then. I wish he could see me now! Anywho, he was playing here with Only Crime, so I went to the show and afterward also met Bill Stevenson (the Descendents) and got to go inside the van the Descendents used to tour in and he took a camera photo of my Descendents tattoo. It was a pretty amazing/starstruck day for me.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:07 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I grew up in LA, so I've had a lot of celebrity run ins, which I've mostly forgotten about. But this post reminded me that in 1996 or 97, right when they were first really breaking out, I saw Jakob Dylan from the Wallflowers. I didn't want to be a super lame groupy type, but I wanted to say something, so I asked if I could bum a cigarette. Funny thing was, I don't smoke and never have. But it seemed like something to say. I was so lame.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I was on the same plane as Steve Martin once.

I also interrupted the former Governor General of Canada one time when I was a busboy and she was taking a long time with her conversation when I was supposed to refill her tea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Chris Noth is really nice. I met him at a bar once (Bar and Books in NYC) when he bumped into me and was very apologetic about it. He seems super tall when you see him on TV especially next to Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City but he was only maybe an inch or two taller than me (I'm 5'11).

I just met Tino Martinez, Carlos Pena, and Joe Maddon at a charity dinner and they were awesome. I did tell Tino that I love him and I'm really sad he won't call Yankees games on the YES network anymore because he and Paul O'Neill were the best. My facebook profile picture is of me and him and it's going to take a lot to make me change it, ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next