| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm going to school in Philly!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am 
Baking In The Flavor

So I'll be moving in late August. I'm going to Moore College of Art and Design, which is on 20th and the Parkway. I haven't gotten a chance to visit, so I have no idea what's around me, or what awesome vegan things Philly has in store.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: I'm going to school in Philly!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

YAY!!! Looking forward to hanging out with you!
Also, if you want to meet cool queer circusy people, I have a friend that I can introduce you to who is totally into that scene.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That would be the best thing ever. Ever.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:17 pm 

If you shoot me a message with your preferred pronouns and what I should say about you, I'll hook you up with my friend via Facebook :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:10 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yay, more awesome people in Philly! I can't think of any good vegan stuff in that specific area but Philly is small so you never have to go too far for yumminess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yay! I'm so glad you are posting again and so glad you are coming here!

So am I wrong or is 20th & the Parkway also the address for...the big Whole Foods?? and blocks from Mugshots? and Sabrina's?

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

It very well may be! That would be awesome. I'm going to Moore College of Art and Design, so... if anyone knows where that is, that's where it is.

Was that just a sentence?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 pm 

Haha, that WF is 20th & Pennsylvania, just a few blocks away. Forgot about that. BEST bulk section.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

Dynahmite wrote:
Haha, that WF is 20th & Pennsylvania, just a few blocks away. Forgot about that. BEST bulk section.

The first time I saw that store's bulk section, I literally gasped like I had just witness Potter magic. xwimh you are a lucky person! Can't wait to meet you! Are you living near school or elsewhere? Do you know when you'll be moved in? I'm feeling a labor day let's-all-welcome-you party. Of course...you have school things I'm sure, hhaha. Oops. I keep forgetting I'm not a student.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

RandiJM wrote:
The first time I saw that store's bulk section, I literally gasped like I had just witness Potter magic.
If you want to keep that magic alive, stay away from Austin, TX. The WhoFoos there are epic. It is the corporate home of WF of course. In fact, I find all the suburban WhoFoos to be superior to our city locations. I guess it's just easier and cheaper to built honking-big stores in the sticks.

Anywho. Welcome, xWhenIMetHer, and best of luck at Moore College of Art and Design. I walk by there on my way to WhoFoo. It's a great location there on Logan Square.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 am 
Hip Goiter

I went to Austin memorial day. WF HQ is like heaven. Insanity

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

philadelphegan wrote:
If you want to keep that magic alive, stay away from Austin, TX. The WhoFoos there are epic. It is the corporate home of WF of course. In fact, I find all the suburban WhoFoos to be superior to our city locations. I guess it's just easier and cheaper to built honking-big stores in the sticks.

Yeah, coming from Texas with amazing WFs and Central Markets all I can think about when I walk in the WFs here is how much they suck. Oh, and the hot bar! It's terrible here! Give me more options!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:49 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

RandiJM wrote:
Dynahmite wrote:

The first time I saw that store's bulk section, I literally gasped like I had just witness Potter magic. xwimh you are a lucky person! Can't wait to meet you! Are you living near school or elsewhere? Do you know when you'll be moved in? I'm feeling a labor day let's-all-welcome-you party. Of course...you have school things I'm sure, hhaha. Oops. I keep forgetting I'm not a student.

I move in August 20, and I'm living on campus. YOU SHOULD ALL TOTALLY HAVE A WELCOME PARTY FOR ME. That would be the best thing in the entire world.

I am so excited to see this bulk section.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm 
Hip Goiter

Awesome! Darn it I would totally host a party for you but on Monday I move to a shoebox 1/3 the size of my current shoebox. Maybe it won't be gross hot and we have a picnic in a park finally (FINALLY PEOPLE). Or a restaurant-hopping food tour to show you the best vegan things in Philly. Or what's near your school for Sunday brunch maybe! K I'm going to stop before I plan your first 2 months in this city. :)

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 pm 

Hey that's the day before my birthday! :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 am 
Baking In The Flavor

RandiJM wrote:
Awesome! Darn it I would totally host a party for you but on Monday I move to a shoebox 1/3 the size of my current shoebox. Maybe it won't be gross hot and we have a picnic in a park finally (FINALLY PEOPLE). Or a restaurant-hopping food tour to show you the best vegan things in Philly. Or what's near your school for Sunday brunch maybe! K I'm going to stop before I plan your first 2 months in this city. :)

Please, plan my first two months in the city. Really. I'm bad at figuring out things to do on my own when I'm in a new place and I'll probably end up hiding in my dorm when I could otherwise be communing with ACTUAL VEGANS for the first time in three years.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 am 
Hip Goiter

Ok then! Let's do it people! Rhouse picnic on 21st or 22nd? Blackbird one of those days? Pure fare for soft serve of course. I'll go to whole foods with you when you feel like stocking up since I won't get a chance to go until then anyway and I need to. Is there a good brunch near the school, anyone?

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 pm 
Hip Goiter

Hellooo phriends. What are your thoughts?

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am 

I've been quiet because the 21st is my birthday and I don't know yet if I'm going away or staying in town.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:45 pm 
Hip Goiter

CQ post it when you know(st) it! Yay happy birthday regardless. Choc pb bombing I hope?

xwhenimether and other - let's get some activities planned! Someone is moving here! We need to illustrate that Philly has more to offer than crime!

My suggestions:

Since you are moving on Saturday the 20th, that's probably not the best day for a picnic in the park. I think Sunday the 21st we should do that. Maybe since you'll be moving and stressy on Saturday whoever wants to can meet you for dinner somewhere? Or hot bar at your (!) Whole Foods and you can stock your apartment! (I need to stock mine too!) Obviously if you think you'll be moved in quickly or what not or if you have stuff change it up. Just trying to get the ball rolling.

Also labor day weekend I'm going to need some serious cheering up, the kind you have to work at, since my boyfriend will be leaving on that Friday, so let's get that weekend going too.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 pm 

RandiJM wrote:
Since you are moving on Saturday the 20th, that's probably not the best day for a picnic in the park. I think Sunday the 21st we should do that. Maybe since you'll be moving and stressy on Saturday whoever wants to can meet you for dinner somewhere? Or hot bar at your (!) Whole Foods and you can stock your apartment! (I need to stock mine too!) Obviously if you think you'll be moved in quickly or what not or if you have stuff change it up. Just trying to get the ball rolling.

I like these ideas. xWIMH, let us know when you will be moved in and ready to party and we'll take it from there!

RandiJM wrote:
Also labor day weekend I'm going to need some serious cheering up, the kind you have to work at, since my boyfriend will be leaving on that Friday, so let's get that weekend going too.

Boo :( That's the first weekend after school starts for me, so I will need some happy times too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I should actually be all moved in by the afternoon of the 20th, but my girlfriend is helping me move in and I haven't seen her in a while (boo long distance) so I'll probably be hanging with her all evening.

The 21st sounds awesome for a picnic! Technically I have orientation, but it's not mandatory and I actually have no interest in learning about "female health- inside and out!" or "safety- online and on campus!" so I'm free from ten AM to five PM.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:26 pm 
Hip Goiter

Cool. Does this work for others? Everyone needs to go! What times work? Rittenhouse? Rittenhouse smells perpetually of pot nowadays, by the way. It's like a fishbowl.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Rittenhouse smells perpetually of pot nowadays, by the way.

You noticed this too! I walked passed the other day and thought I was going crazy.

Have fun, I won't be able to join you on the 21st. I love all of you and I love Philly, but the idea of coming in one more day than I have to makes me want to cry! And I'm leaving for vacation the following weekend. So I need to get my asparagus in gear.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 am 

I will be in Seattle! but have fun and let's plan something else soon. I'll be back the 31st.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next