All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Atlanta!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

ATL Vegan Drinks has created a new event on Facebook:

Monday, August 15 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm

1245 Glenwood Ave. SE
Atlanta, GA

ATL Vegan Drinks is a new monthly meetup in Atlanta. By bringing together a diverse group of people, we hope to expand and support the local vegan community.

Our next meetup will be at Graveyard Tavern in East Atlanta on Monday, August 15. Chef Justin Bright has put together a special vegan menu for the night. Hope to see you there! Cheers.

MENU:

Vegan wings w/ french fries and buffalo, BBQ, teriyaki and lemon-pepper sauces ($8)

Smokey chipotle and black-bean dip w/ tortilla chips ($7)

Sesame-encrusted tofu w/ ponzu sauce over soba noodles with julienned carrots and bok choy ($12)

BBQ tempeh w/ chipotle rice and sautéed spinach ($13)

Stir-fried asparagus w/ almonds and sesame seeds ($5)

Quinoa w/ currants, dill and zucchini ($5)

Trio of sorbets - strawberry, Grand Marnier and melon, and mango ($4)

Vegan cheesecake ($4)

http://graveyardtavern.com​/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Kitties flock to me wrote:
I haven't tried Southern Sweet's coconut cake yet. I've had a couple of their desserts before (strawberry cake and something else that I've forgotten) and they weren't all that impressive to me (dry and a bit stale). Perhaps it was an off day or I've grown used to organic, homemade baked goods; I will have to try it again sometime.

R.Thomas has a pretty good vegan burger!

Thanks! When I am at the next show I am looking for R.Thomas. Even though it serves meat there are lots of other alternatives.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

ScoutMob's coupon for Soul Veg 1 (West End). Max $10 discount; One per table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:34 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Its been years since I ate there but can someone dis/confirm a rumor I heard that soul veg uses honey in some things such as a dessert or even their BBQ sauce?
Yeah, they use honey in the BBQ sauce and in the maple syrup for pancakes. And sometimes they buy the sandwich buns from Masada bakery, who use honey in the ingredients. Super annoying.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Raspberry Swirl wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:
Its been years since I ate there but can someone dis/confirm a rumor I heard that soul veg uses honey in some things such as a dessert or even their BBQ sauce?
Yeah, they use honey in the BBQ sauce and in the maple syrup for pancakes. And sometimes they buy the sandwich buns from Masada bakery, who use honey in the ingredients. Super annoying.

grrr...so angry
bees are a part of the animal kingdom, why cant other vegans learn their biology correctly?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:53 pm 

They have lots of delicious bee-free stuff, though. Mac&cheese, gyro, tofu egg salad, country fried steak...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Raspberry Swirl wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:

When we were at Soul Veg for brunch recently, they said they don't use honey in the syrup anymore. I'm not sure about the BBQ sauce though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 pm 

atlvegan wrote:
Raspberry Swirl wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:

When we were at Soul Veg for brunch recently, they said they don't use honey in the syrup anymore. I'm not sure about the BBQ sauce though.

That's good to know. It's been probably a year since I've talked to Zacoor (at Highland location) about the honey thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ive never ever seen pancake syrup with honey in it, Ive known of people that use pure honey as syrup but non that are mixed into another syrup. I mean that's kinda going out of your way to be non-vegan I think. Im guessing its over some concern about sugar or corn syrup...damn healthfoodies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:17 pm 
Tofu Pup

Also there is great vegetarian chinese on Monroe Avenue in Midtown - Green Sprout. We love it! We like it better than Golden Buddha or Harmony. And Righteous Room, on Ponce, has a fantastic veggie burger, wrapped in naan bread.

Southern Sweets is best when you pre-order. The old fashioned chocolate cake would make vegans out of most meat eaters. If you want a whole cake, my boyfriend loves the apple walnut pound cake. Myself, I prefer a bit of chocolate. The rustic apple or cherry pies are vegan, too. Radial cafe on Dekalb has a vegan pancake special every weekend. They are also super vegan friendly and a certified green restaurant. Ragin Burrito in Decatur has lots of vegan options - the tofu jerked pineapple salsa burrito is really good. Ria's has better vegan options than Sauced. We haven't been to Sauced, but when I checked out the menu online, I wasn't impressed w/ the vegan options.
There is a raw restaurant, too, but I can't think of the name of it. It's in East Point, I think. Stone Soup has a good vegan brunch/breakfast option, or two...vegan blueberry pancakes there are a fave....Ru San's has a vegan/vegetarian sushi section on the menu.

Also in Midtown is a fast food place w/ veggie burgers, it's a chain, but specializes in natural and healthy foods. It's called Evos. There's also one up towards Sandy Springs, too. And never forget Arden's Gardens. There are several locations, and you can get it bottled at R. Thomas and Sevananda Natural Foods (on Moreland). Yummy smoothies galore and raw food snacks.

If you go a Braves game, they have veggie burgers, and if you go to the Falcon's game, there are veggie dogs, which aren't very good, but we try and support the veggie options!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

There's a new burrito joint in East Atlanta called Tomatillo's. I'm thinking they will have vegan options. It's run by people involved with the old Tortilla's on Ponce, so I'm hoping to one day again taste the bean burrito, no cheese, guac inside, red and green sauce, that I ordered nearly weekly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:34 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Apparently, Jake's ice cream, at Irwin Street Market, has non-dairy flavors and sorbet. That might be something to check out, eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm 

Isa is coming to Cosmo's for a Vegan Pie in the Sky book signing on Sunday 10/30! You can RSVP here:
http://www.facebook.com/leigh.saluzzi#! ... 7853316463

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hmm... It is not quite in ATL, but if you do not mind a short drive, the World Peace Cafe is 20 minutes out of town. It is an awesome organisation that was built entirely by donations and volunteers... Most of the people that you see working there are volunteers, and it is owned by the Kadampa Meditation Center. The address is 220 Hammond Drive, Suite 302
Sandy Springs, GA 30328. They are google accessible, both for knowledge and the map :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:45 am 
Tofu Pup

I need some help! My parents are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks, and I'm super excited about everything except dining arrangements! I'm looking for a nice restaurant where I can take my carnivore father (who embodies the stereotypical big-game hunter, so any kind of meat will do) and still be able to order something other than a salad...and my mom is kind of a foodie, so she's going to want somewhere with a lot of flavor. Got any suggestions??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 pm 
Inflexitarian

The one place no one has mentioned is Lov'n It Live in East Point. The best raw food I have ever had in my life! http://www.lovingitlive.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:17 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I'm getting so excited for my trip!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 am 

Is there anywhere to get fries and shakes?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Unfortunately, Atlanta is seriously lacking in shakes (and donuts).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 pm 

What about brunch? This place seems to have some options:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/radial-atlanta

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

If you're going to Radial, grab this coupon to save some money. Typically, Sevananda has vegan brunch items as well as both Soul Vegetarian restaurants. If you're up for a mini-road trip, The Grit, in Athens, is worth checking out, too.

This isn't brunch related, but I heard that Graveyard Tavern has vegan wings on the menu now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am 

Life Grocery in Marietta recently started a vegan brunch on Sundays, too. Vegan Eggs Bennie, french toast, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and more. Their cafe has really stepped up lately.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:40 am 

emmydg09 wrote:
I need some help! My parents are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks, and I'm super excited about everything except dining arrangements! I'm looking for a nice restaurant where I can take my carnivore father (who embodies the stereotypical big-game hunter, so any kind of meat will do) and still be able to order something other than a salad...and my mom is kind of a foodie, so she's going to want somewhere with a lot of flavor. Got any suggestions??

If you want something fancy, Woodfire Grill will create a special vegan dinner for the table when you call them in advance. It's spendy, but some friends of mine did it for a family event, an said it was amazing. This is Kevin Gillespie's place (bearded guy from Top Chef)
http://www.woodfiregrill.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 pm 
Tofu Pup

Isa, 20 people from my vegetarian/vegan Meetup group are having brunch at Life Cafe, which is all vegan and mostly organic---nearby to Cosmos. You aer welcome to join us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:46 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Has anyone been to the Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse?

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next