| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:

ETA: The young lady of Fashion Pirate and Powder Doom reviewed the new UD items here: http://powderdoom.tumblr.com/post/7457072413/urban-decays-new-collection I was going to ask her if she recalled any being vegan, but tumblr isn't as user-friendly for commenting.

yeah, I'm interested in trying the brow tint and brush as well, as I'm not happy with the stuff I use now, looks like they're all vegan.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:26 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I think I'm going to get the liquid eyeliner, too. It's been years since I've tried liquid, but I've been wanting one. Most in the powder doom post is also listed as vegan besides the lip stuff and the eyeshadow pallet. I'm going to have to save my pennies!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

no joke, if I want to get mascara, brow tint and brush I'm looking at 60 bucks...argh. Maybe there will be a sale sometime soon.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:41 am 

Quarantined wrote:
no joke, if I want to get mascara, brow tint and brush I'm looking at 60 bucks...argh. Maybe there will be a sale sometime soon.

I just discovered the 'shopping list' on Sephora. My current list is $155. Sad trombone/first world problems.

That does include some nail polishes and a pimple cream and that Boscia BB Cream as I randomly have two huge side by side deep pimples.

Maybe I should play the lotto?

Reviews for the mascara on Sephora are pretty positive! I think I might get it and the pimple cream first and then work through the list slowly to make it seem like I'm not spending that much on makeup.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

yep total first world problems, haha, I feel like a total asparagus even complaining that I want 60 bucks to spend on makeup. I'm sure I will somehow survive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 am 

Quarantined wrote:
yep total first world problems, haha, I feel like a total asparagus even complaining that I want 60 bucks to spend on makeup. I'm sure I will somehow survive.

No need to feel like an asparagus! I try to keep it in mind though and be thankful that these are my 'problems,' or that the biggest struggle in my life is finding a good vegan mascara, just to keep things in perspective and to remind myself that life's good and that I shouldn't worry about small things.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll need to buy that mascara this weekend. Which will lead me into Sephora, which may not end well. But who needs to eat?! ;)

I've also been dying to try the liquid liner in navy and some light shimmery eye shadow pencil. I'll need to space this all out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:19 pm 
Tofu Pup

I bought the new urban decay mascara and so far i've been pretty pleased with it. The brush is honestly not my favourite shape, i much prefer the big fluffy kind like diorshow, but it does well to separate and lengthen. I've been putting on a couple of coats to get it the thickness that i like too. I haven't noticed any extra growth (it contains growth serum?) but that wasn't really a selling point for me. All in all worth the money in my opinion!
I also bought the 24/7 eyeliner and I've been REALLY pleased with it. The only thing to note though is that it is waterproof so it takes some effort to take off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:51 am 

I bought the new Urban Decay mascara yesterday, and I used it for the first time this AM. I don't know what you may think of it, but I find it to be the vegan equivalent of both the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas. It makes me so, so happy.

The brush reminds me of the Rimmel one that I'd use as my second mascara, but the formula is much nicer. It is less wet than Zuzu Luxe, Gabrielle costmetics, or Lavera, but I find that preferable. It held the curl and made my lashes long and a little thicker, but with great separation. I might try it over one of the wetter mascaras to get the look that I used to rock with the two step Maybelline and Rimmel. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get back to looking like a drag queen!

I've only used it once, but so far I'm sold/over my heartbreak that Korres apparently stopped making the vegan Abyssinian Oil mascara. Although I would have LOVED to do the Abyssinian Oil mascara WITH this, now that I think about it... ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

ooh I really really want to try the UD one now!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I went to buy the new lash curler & mascara at 2 Sephora over the weekend - no luck! :/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am 

missmuffcake wrote:
I went to buy the new lash curler & mascara at 2 Sephora over the weekend - no luck! :/

I had to ask for it! I think it might be a bigger production getting new product out with them due to the nature of the displays, but I had these wild-eyed look as asked, "DO YOU HAVE THE NEW UD MASCARA?" And the girl responded, on you mean, Lush Lash, yeah, it's in the back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am 
Naked Under Apron

I bought the mascara at Ulta on Friday. I like it too! Not looove, but I think maybe I'm like, romanticizing the memories I have of pre-vegan stuff, heh. Anyway, I agree that it's a bit drier and that's a good thing (I'm not wiping it off my eyelids!). It also doesn't clump, which is great. I'm just missing a little bit of the super volumizing aspects of other kinds I've used in the past. Also with some (maybe wetter formulas and/or the BWC stuff), you can go back later and add more layers, and it doesn't seem to work so well with this one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm really annoyed that they came out with this a month after I bought the Manic Panic mascara, which will take me two years to go through. And i'm still able to use my BWC mascara, so I can't really justify having three.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:33 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I'm really annoyed that they came out with this a month after I bought the Manic Panic mascara, which will take me two years to go through. And i'm still able to use my BWC mascara, so I can't really justify having three.

If it makes you feel better, I have four, one that I kind of like and was wearing every day, but still bought this. It was totally worth it. Although I don't know about the Manic Panic--maybe it could be the first step to get me back to my former duo of glory!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Manic Panic is really thick, I like it if I have the time to carefully wipe most of the mascara off of the brush and spend a few minutes putting it on. But if i'm in a rush, I like having the BWC because it's more natural and goes on with a lot less fuss.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just emailed Tarte about this one http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-gi ... rt-mascara because it has really good reviews on Sephora's website, and I didn't see any super obvious animal ingredients. I'll post what they say when they respond.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 pm 

I looked at the one jeesilikewhoa when I couldn't find the UD. Excited to hear back! I can't tell if it's sad how happy mascara makes me or if I should just go with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 pm 
Naked Under Apron

It's not on their vegan page though, but maybe it's new. I think stearic acid can go either way, and I don't know what the heck most of those other ingredients are.

It would be so annoying to have beeswax-less mascaras that aren't vegan!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:57 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I googled all the weird ingredients and everything looked vegan, the only thing I'm wondering about is the source for their stearic acid.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Thanks for the MP recomendations. I think I might end up trying the new UD mascara though since the MP one is not available anywhere near me and will end up costing $50 with all the S&H.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:15 pm 
Chard Martyr

I just got Barry M.! I'm really excited to try it once I use up my other few mascaras...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i found the tarte mascara listed on a website as being vegan, i'm going to give it a go. i went to see if i could find that lush lash but it wasn't there at the store in its place was some sort of growth serum for eyelashes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 pm 

Which Tarte mascara? I was just looking at this yesterday if the Amazonian Clay was vegan, but I didn't see it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, Tarte never wrote me back about the Amazonian Clay one, and the ones they list as vegan don't sound awesome. I'm going to check out the Urban Decay and the Manic Panic I think.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next