| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: terri (not terry)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i think i'm going to hit up terri today to meet two needs: i have a meeting in the area at 5:30 and i'll get home way too late to cook and, therefore, mofo. i've only ever had an underwhelming brownie from there, so i'm considering either a buffalo chicken or bacon cheddar chicken ranch (or whatever it is) sandwich and a butterfinger shake.

tell me what you love/don't love about terri. no need to reiterate complaints about prices and/or distance from your home in wherever-you-live from the catchall NYC thread, which should go away now that we have a subforum. i know it's kind of overpriced - the menu is available online - so what i'm looking for are suggestions/warnings.

my dinner's success is in your hands.

Post subject: Re: terri (not terry)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:31 am 
FAYGO

I really like that bacon chicken ranch sandwich. Also the chickpea tuna (though it didn't taste much like tuna, just a really good chickpea sandwich). They have stuff that isn't on the online menu, like a tofu scramble wrap that I really liked. Check out their Twitter for the day's soup or new menu items. Their apple cider donuts are small but tasty as hell.

Enjoy! Let us know how it goes!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:58 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

i had the roasted vegetable sammich and it was really bad-it tasted like a lot of water.the hummus wrap didn't even taste like really watery vegetables,just nothing,also,the chickpea melt just tasted like melted daiya cheese and raw onion chunks,and the peanut butte banana sammich was really small for $6.
though,the butterfinger shake is really good.not trying to be a hater,but i didn't like it,went back,and it was still not good,so i thought i'd share my experience instead of just talking about how great i think it is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 am 
Chard Martyr

I liked the meatball sandwich I had there WITHOUT daiya! I told them I didn't like daiya when i went up to the counter and asked for a recommendation. they thought i was crazy and then recommended a hummus wrap to which i said "no way!" because i can make that shiitake at home!

but anyway, the meatball sandwich was good and I know jason liked the buffalo sandwich. and this is sad, but I did not like the butterfinger shake. it was too liquidy for a milkshake and didn't taste like butterfinger...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 am 
FAYGO

Oh, I had the chocolate shake. It was REALLY thick (almost annoyingly so), and decently chocolaty. It's kind of hard to fork up a chocolate shake, though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:16 am 
Chard Martyr

SeitanSaidDance wrote:
Oh, I had the chocolate shake. It was REALLY thick (almost annoyingly so), and decently chocolaty. It's kind of hard to fork up a chocolate shake, though.

that's awesome! i think it's easy to mess up any shake if you make it too watery. the last two times i've been to foodswings their milkshakes were totally liquidy, like drinking super sweet vanilla soymilk with cookie crumbs in it. it bummed me out so much!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i like the buffalo chicken sandwich, the thanksgiving sandwich, and the tofu scramble wrap. i don't know what they do with their bread, but i could eat it forever. and there's a green smoothie with almond butter in it that's amazing. they just started selling kale chips and i was really excited, but they were weird and not awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 am 

okay, i'm feeling pretty good about going there now. i was thinking maybe i'll just hop the A down to 'snice and grab something there and have a little walk over to 21st & 5th for my meeting. i guess it might be a little cheaper. i'll see what i'm in the mood for.

i do really love 'snice, though, and haven't been in so long!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:03 pm 
FAYGO

Yeah, between 'Snice, Terri and Blossom Du Jour, we've got crazy sandwich options happening.

AND NONE OF THEM IN MIDTOWN.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I really liked the chickpea sandwich (not very tuna-y as others have mentioned, but good in its own right) but wasn't crazy about the bacon chkn ranch thing, which is weird because I love that combo and often get that at Foodswings. I wasn't digging the texture they'd cooked the Gardein to I think. Maybe I was having an off day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I was pretty disappointed with everything I got there, but I've only had sweet things. Dry, crumbly brownie. Smoothie that tasted like it came from a mix (and cost like 8 billion dollars.) I'll try it again, though, if I'm in the area.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm 
Joking!

I still stand by my opinion that most everything at Terri is thumbs down. I'm going to try the thanksgiving sandwich eventually. And I had one bite of my friend's tuna, which I remember I thought was alright, but everything else is either meh, bleh, or blech. I really didn't like the meatball sandwich, it was mostly tasteless except for the sauce which there wasn't enough of and kind of tasted like pizza hut pizza sauce and they also don't even put the sauce on the sandwich anymore they give it to you in this tiny tub on the side so you're left with an even blander, dry sandwich with tasteless fake meatballs. Totally unimpressed...I can go to wholefoods get some frozen vegan meatballs, a jar of sauce, some cheese and have extremely tasty meatball sandwiches for a week for the price of 2 gross terri sandwiches, just sayin'. The quesadilla was also bland aside from hot sauce. Watery milkshakes but that mostly depends on who makes them, milkshakes are good enough just make sure you instruct them to make it the way you want it, otherwise, it could be bad. I'm not paying as much as they want for some quinoa or bean salad. Anyway yeah, like I said, totally unimpressed. I hope they change their menu to have more choices and have things I don't want to take the effort to make at home or that I can't make any better. It's got potential, but if this is it, then whatever. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm 
FAYGO

panda wrote:
I really didn't like the meatball sandwich, it was mostly tasteless except for the sauce which there wasn't enough of and kind of tasted like pizza hut pizza sauce and they also don't even put the sauce on the sandwich anymore they give it to you in this tiny tub on the side so you're left with an even blander, dry sandwich with tasteless fake meatballs.

This surprises me. I was thinking of getting the meatball sub once, so they gave me a meatball on a toothpick to try by itself and it was, for my taste, SPICY. They assured me that I'd be OK once it was all mixed with the Daiya and the bread, but I was still afraid to get a whole sandwich of those things, so I got the bacon chicken thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:08 pm 
Joking!

SeitanSaidDance wrote:
panda wrote:
I really didn't like the meatball sandwich, it was mostly tasteless except for the sauce which there wasn't enough of and kind of tasted like pizza hut pizza sauce and they also don't even put the sauce on the sandwich anymore they give it to you in this tiny tub on the side so you're left with an even blander, dry sandwich with tasteless fake meatballs.

This surprises me. I was thinking of getting the meatball sub once, so they gave me a meatball on a toothpick to try by itself and it was, for my taste, SPICY. They assured me that I'd be OK once it was all mixed with the Daiya and the bread, but I was still afraid to get a whole sandwich of those things, so I got the bacon chicken thing.

Oh yeah, it was spicy, it's like lots of black pepper spicy though. It's not good, and the daiya doesn't help it and the tomato sauce never really gets mixed in and I think maybe actually the sauce must have been bland and the type of spicyness the meat ball had was the thing that reminded me of pizza hut's sauce....this was like 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

My experience with Terri was pretty good - I went there a couple of weeks ago and had the buffalo chicken sandwich plus the chocolate pb milkshake. It was definitely pricey (I wonder if the prices are higher because the restaurant is kosher? Sometimes that stuff costs more), but I had no complaints on the taste or the quality of the food. That said, i'm not sure if I'd go back unless I was in the area. There's no place to sit when the counter is full and 'Snice is only a couple of subway stops away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm 
Joking!

oh my god, thank you guys for making me not feel like a crasshole! I was just baffled as to how I could possibly be the only one who was completely unimpressed and wouldn't go out of my way for the place and even if I was in the area I would probably just go a little further to a better, cheaper option. This is like the first time I haven't felt like a dick for just giving my honest opinion on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 am 

i skipped my meeting, so no terri or 'snice for me tonight, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:55 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

The boy and I had lunch at Terri's today and really liked it. It's not exactly fine dining, but we thought it was good for a quick place to grab a sandwich if you're in the neighborhood. I had the chickpea 'tuna' melt. It isn't tuna like at all, which for the best in my book because I find tuna disgusting. It was hearty and pretty big and full of cheezy goodness. A nice way to feed my hangover. The boy got the meatball sandwich, which wasn't really groundbreaking but was good. They gave him extra sauce when he ran out too.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised after hearing so many mixed review. Like I said, it's just a fast food-y sandwich shop and I think it fills that niche pretty well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:25 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I had a nice experience. It was a nice day, I had a groupon ($5 for $10 worth of food) and I ran into a friend there. I got the tofu scramble wrap and the next time I got the smoked tofu wrap.

I was only bummed that after paying for a juice I was told to get one from the cooler. I was expecting for that price I'd have a fresh made juice in a non-disposable glass.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I kinda wish they do a mini side salad with sandwiches like snice. I feel weird having lunch without something green.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:21 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Terri is okay but if I'm in that area I would much rather get Blossom du Jour. That being said, the things I like at Terri are the chickpea tuna wrap (woo hoo no seaweed), meatball sub (with extra sauce, rosemary foccia is good-they use it all on thier sandwiches I think), all the milkshakes (made with pacific soyblender which I realy like but can only find online, it what makes them so sweet btw), and kale chips. It's cool that they're open 'till 11 on weeknights too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:57 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I love their Thanksgiving sandwich, best washed down with a butterfinger shake. I only wish they had more seating.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I should love a place called Terri, even if it's spelled the wrong way. The food is just okay but most of the staff is very nice.

If and when I am in the area and need lunch I usually get the Thai or Tofu Portabella wrap thing. Nothing earthshattering about it, but it's I think it has the most bang for the buck and it's a change of pace from falafel.

Anyone else thing their hummus tastes like the stuff from TJ's?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 am 
Semen Strong

molasses jane wrote:
I love their Thanksgiving sandwich, best washed down with a butterfinger shake. I only wish they had more seating.

This! We had this a few weekends ago and it was delicious.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am 
Nailed to the V

Had the Chicken Ranch sandwich and a butterfinger shake and half of a Fat Elvis last night (take out). The Chicken sandwich was a little bland but the shake and the fat Elvis were amazing!

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next