| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bike loan?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Hey guys,

So, I'm speaking at Vida Vegan Con, which means I'll be in Portland. I'm also training for a century ride to raise money for some PDX area farm sanctuaries (the Ride to Light, if you're interested!). If possible, I don't want to miss a whole weekend of training, so I'm trying to find a bike to borrow for a couple days while I'm there.

I'm 5'6", and I ride on a 51 cm road frame (but I bet I could deal with something a bit bigger or smaller if necessary). I'm not overly picky, but I will need something that can safely handle a 30 mile or greater ride. I'm a bit strapped for cash, since I just had to replace my stolen bike last week, but I will definitely buy you some food or beer or something if you can help me out.

Please let me know, and thanks!

Post subject: Re: Bike loan?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Well, my partner and I have an extra bike but I don't think it'd be too great for what you're looking for. I think the height would be fine (a bit taller) but it's single speed, and we're not so sure on the reliability of it. It is in theory fine, but we always seem to have something go wrong with it, like replacing the inner tubes all the time, chain being a bit funny. Nothing super serious or anything. Maybe just odd luck. It's got drops, brakes, er I don't know what else you'd need to know. I don't think this bike is the answer but if it get's down to the wire and you feel desperate PM me.

Edit to add: I just felt the tires and they are empty, not sure if they just need filling or they have a hole again. :P So yeah, not so great.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:18 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Thanks Mars! I think someone I'm doing the ride with in Sept. might have something to loan me, but I will let you know if that doesn't work out!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:53 am 
Inflexitarian

Did you find a bike to borrow? I'm thinking about bringing my bike down, if I do perhaps we could go on a ride together?

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I think I did, KJ! I would be down to go for a ride. If I can pick up the bike early enough, I may do something Friday, but most likely I'll end up riding Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 am 
Inflexitarian

Well crepe! Two of my volunteer shifts are on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I might still bring my bike, but maybe not if I'll be volunteering when you want to go. I am also somewhat nervous about leaving it locked up outside in Portland.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 am 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

They also have $15 bike lockers at some tri met stations...don't know if you're interested but here ya go:

http://trimet.org/howtoride/bikes/lockersavailable.htm

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:30 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

katiejayne wrote:
Well crepe! Two of my volunteer shifts are on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I might still bring my bike, but maybe not if I'll be volunteering when you want to go. I am also somewhat nervous about leaving it locked up outside in Portland.

I can probably go for a shorter ride some other time! I just have to try and get in one good long one, and I am not going to try 50 miles during the mid-day heat. I'm down for a jaunt, though! I'll see you at the early registration, and hopefully I'll have a bit better idea of what's up then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm 
Inflexitarian

jordanpattern wrote:
katiejayne wrote:

I can probably go for a shorter ride some other time! I just have to try and get in one good long one, and I am not going to try 50 miles during the mid-day heat. I'm down for a jaunt, though! I'll see you at the early registration, and hopefully I'll have a bit better idea of what's up then.

Will you be riding the bike to things (food eating/meetups/etc) during the weekend? I was thinking about maybe riding to do some food related things, but I'm not sure how I feel about going solo in a town I always get lost in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

dazee has a commuter bike he won't be using (most likely) over the weekend.
xo
kittee

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]