| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

rabidchild wrote:
Alright, the brown pill is the Rainbow Lite Petite; The blue one is an otc Aleve, the Penny is a Penny. :D I didn't know what size to compare it to.

thanks! that helps a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

good luck rabid child! trying is nerve wrecking, those days in between knowing and the knowing. hugs and welcoming thoughts for your uterus.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

jildez wrote:
good luck rabid child! trying is nerve wrecking, those days in between knowing and the knowing. hugs and welcoming thoughts for your uterus.

Thanks! 11 days out now and I'm exhausted, but can't sleep, and dizzy, and peeing every 2 hrs and I keep getting random boob pains. Still having the cramping. Guess I'll find out soon! The suspense is killing me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Good luck rc! Are you testing at 14 days? If you get a negative test, but still have suspicions, you might try a different brand too. I tested one day apart and got different results. First test, I didn't really think I was PG, but I was going to give blood and wanted to double check. No signs of a positive at all. Next day, there was something that gave me that "maybe I should test again" vibe. Got a different one by chance from drugstore and clear as a bell...two pink lines.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I don't know. I'm worried about testing too soon and getting a false negative and getting bummed, or having a chemical pregnancy and knowing about it cause i tested too soon and getting REALLY bummed.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah. I had a 35 day rule for myself. Had to be at least a day after I expected a period. Ironic that one of the best things you can do to encourage implantation is to relax/chill. :p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

rabidchild wrote:
jildez wrote:

Thanks! 11 days out now and I'm exhausted, but can't sleep, and dizzy, and peeing every 2 hrs and I keep getting random boob pains. Still having the cramping. Guess I'll find out soon! The suspense is killing me.

I'm so excited for you!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

refinnej wrote:
Yeah. I had a 35 day rule for myself. Had to be at least a day after I expected a period. Ironic that one of the best things you can do to encourage implantation is to relax/chill. :p

I have a pretty consistent 12 day luteal phase - I had a few months where I ovulated on day 18 and I got a period day 30. This month I ovulated day 16, so based on that pattern, I should get a period tomorrow... or not.

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
I'm so excited for you!

Thanks! Gotta squeak one in so we can have cute PPK baby play dates before you flee the capital region. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:54 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

blah. nevermind. started spotting.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Couldn't it be implantation? Since spotting is so common in very early pregnancy, I wouldn't assume anything until your temperatures fall (if you're charting) or you see true heavy bleeding.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

helbury wrote:
Couldn't it be implantation? Since spotting is so common in very early pregnancy, I wouldn't assume anything until your temperatures fall (if you're charting) or you see true heavy bleeding.

Well, it was just brown blood, like one glob, then lighter streaks when wiping, and this morning it's pretty much gone and my temp is still up... so maybe?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

<crosses fingers for you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thank goodness you are taking your temps. I found that to be the only thing keeping me sane during that waiting process. I'm sure you know that 18 high temps means you are probably pregnant. That saves a lot of money on pee sticks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

good luck rabidchild, hope those temps stay up. I'm following in your footsteps at 2 days post ovulation. Patiently waiting another 8 days before I attempt a pregnancy test. Charting is really giving me some interesting information. Apparently my body only ovulates when I'm home. I guess I stress out when I travel? All the signs pointed to getting ready to ovulate, then I went out of town and nothing, came home, body geared up again, went out of town, nothing, got back home from the second trip, things geared up again and then finally positive opk test, and temperature went up on day 33. Unfortunately my OPK stopped working after I dropped in in the toilet in a half asleep fumble the next day so couldn't retest. If I wasn't trying to get pregnant I'd probably really like these long cycles (because they mean less frequent periods), but all it means now is waiting 45 days to try again if this time didn't work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thanks chiveggie!! I ovulated on vacation, which was actually kind of nice because it poured the entire time we were away, and that gave us something to do with our time ;) Good luck! Waiting is so hard, I had no idea how crazy it was going to make me.

I haven't had any more bleeding incidents today. I'm gonna test if I can go more than 2 hrs without peeing... which is a challenge. That and staying awake. Work is gonna be AWESOME tomorrow if this keeps up, regardless of the reason!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ooh, on testing. If you can handle it, it might be worth waiting til morning as your hcg levels are higher then (I don't know why..maybe diluted during the day). Waiting like 12 hours before testing though might prove to be hard. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

refinnej wrote:
Ooh, on testing. If you can handle it, it might be worth waiting til morning as your hcg levels are higher then (I don't know why..maybe diluted during the day). Waiting like 12 hours before testing though might prove to be hard. :D

Nah, I'm peeing every 2 hrs around the clock at this point. I don't think it'll make a difference when I test! At least during the day I can force myself to hold it as long as possible without losing sleep.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 am 
Level 7 Vegan

good luck rabidchild! I know how you feel, I was/still am obsessively checking for blood every time I pee. I hope your exhaustion/lotsa peeing means something great!!

also, I feel kind of lazy/dumb but I am still just using ovulation kits because I just can't seem to get it together enough to take my temp every morning and well, maybe I'm just not in touch with my body enough to notice changes in cervical mucus. In any case, I'm ovulated 6 days ago and so the waiting begins again! Trying very hard to distract myself from counting the days till I'd expect my period.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am 
Married to the wolfman

Some people never have a ton of cervical mucus, which I think would make tracking it a lot harder. And I hear you on never being able to get it together with temping.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Some months I could match up ovulation with CM, other months, not so much. I did, however, notice this month that the CM didn't stop after ovulation! Still hasn't. Still way more CM than I'm used to.

Good luck Audrey! Gotta start up the next PPK baby-wave!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Audrey, I don't think it's lazy to use the OPKs. If that's what works for you, then more power to you, yeah? The temp thing never worked for me between odd waking/sleeping times and PCOS...it was a mess. Once things got sorted out a bit, I was able to see the difference in cervical fluid, but I think there is a learning curve. Catching fluid/mucus from right at the mouth of the cervix makes a difference too.

rc...having all sorts of stuff coming out was one of those "how come no one ever told me about this?" things. I don't usually have a lot of action happening there, never have to wear pantaloon liners or anything except at period time. There was so much happening at one point (TMI alert) that the dr checked for a leak in the amniotic sac.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

refinnej wrote:
rc...having all sorts of stuff coming out was one of those "how come no one ever told me about this?" things. I don't usually have a lot of action happening there, never have to wear pantaloon liners or anything except at period time. There was so much happening at one point (TMI alert) that the dr checked for a leak in the amniotic sac.

I think I'm gonna make myself some new stylish cloth pads for pregnancy fun!! (Gotta make it as pleasant as possible, right?)

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't think I was getting my period over and over again and run and check and... yeaaa... nope. The cramps are really adding to that illusion.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I was so hoping to follow a few days behind you rabidchild, but no luck. My temps dropped slightly 10 days post ovulation, and then back below my coverline yesterday, and period today. 45 day cycle this round. I guess my upset stomach that I was hoping might be pregnancy related was just stress after all. My job has been insane the last two weeks, so I think my body decided there were too many stress hormones floating around to try and grow a baby. Hopefully next cycle will be better. And a May due date would have been great timing for adding a maternity leave to the end of my summer off, oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 am 
Married to the wolfman

Aw chiveggie, what a bummer. I hope you get a chance to relax soon. Good luck in your next cycle!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:44 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Aw I'm sorry :( Look at it this way, being a month behind means I can send you hand-me-downs!!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36  Next