| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Mofo 2011! Coming in October...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Registration is forth coming! It will be a google form like last year. Check the site/this thread or room for the updates.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Thank you miss B to tha A to tha D!

New Orleans in Green, a blog about vegan life in Nola!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:01 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

pandacookie wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Panda, I hope your plans to cook your way through Little House on the Prairie are still on. I bought the official cookbook in anticipation.

I checked it out from the library again and Little Panda on the Prairie will be my Thursday theme. I will fork me up some fried cornmeal mush.

I'm thrilled. I will be following along eagerly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

I signed up! I will have finished the 21-Day PCRM Challenge by then, so this'll be great: my first month 100-percent vegan. I really want to use this as motivation to cook a lot, and to get out and try some new vegan meals in Toronto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:21 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

It's going to be tough, but I'm in! Third time's a charm..

Tweet me @meansoybean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Are other people whose blogs aren't normally "vegan food themed" blogs doing this on your regular blog, or are people making new blogs specially for this?

I just started a blog a couple weeks ago, and sometimes I post about vegan food (I'm doing "Adventures In Seitan" this week!) because I'm a vegan and I eat food...but I don't consider my blog a "vegan food blog", it's just a blog where I write about things that I like, which happen to include vegan food because I'm a vegan and I like to eat. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
Are other people whose blogs aren't normally "vegan food themed" blogs doing this on your regular blog, or are people making new blogs specially for this?

I just started a blog a couple weeks ago, and sometimes I post about vegan food (I'm doing "Adventures In Seitan" this week!) because I'm a vegan and I eat food...but I don't consider my blog a "vegan food blog", it's just a blog where I write about things that I like, which happen to include vegan food because I'm a vegan and I like to eat. :)

I have a separate blog I just made for mofo, as most of the people who read my regular blog aren't vegans and would probs not love an influx of food doodles.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 pm 
Nailed to the V

Im pretty sure you could submit a rss feed for a 'veganmofo' tag/ category to the veganmofo feed

------------------------------
OkC | Google+
------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

I have a separate blog I just made for mofo, as most of the people who read my regular blog aren't vegans and would probs not love an influx of food doodles.

I like both ideas, I'm just too lazy and too stubborn to separate the things I like. My blog started with food, then morphed into something Weird (haha) about my city and other related findings, with occasional food cameos. Last year, I managed to do food posts for MoFo every day plus the occasional other thing. I know the people who don't read my blog for the food (or not maily for the food) will be back in November, and I secretly hope that some of them will be tempted to try new things...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

dandirtyapes wrote:
Im pretty sure you could submit a rss feed for a 'veganmofo' tag/ category to the veganmofo feed

Oh, that's a good idea, I didn't even think of that!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

...okay, how do I do it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while but it isn't going to be specifically a vegan/food blog. Should I take Mofo as the opportunity to start it anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while but it isn't going to be specifically a vegan/food blog. Should I take Mofo as the opportunity to start it anyway?

Do it! My blog is far from being an exclusive food blog right now, even though it got started as one, and I still do MoFo.

choirqueer wrote:
...okay, how do I do it?

I just went and played around on my dashboard for a bit. Apparently it's not possible to get an rss feed for one category only, just for all posts. At least that's what wordpress seems to tell me. Or maybe I'm just too stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Phoenix wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
...okay, how do I do it?

I just went and played around on my dashboard for a bit. Apparently it's not possible to get an rss feed for one category only, just for all posts. At least that's what wordpress seems to tell me. Or maybe I'm just too stupid.

DDA says it can be done! He would never lie to us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

OK! I am going to do it. I even have my blog name and everything!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I know an RSS of a specific category can be done on Wordpress, because I did it last year! My site is mostly about art stuff but I have a Food category and used that for MoFo. If I remember correctly it's basically just

http://URL (insert your URL)/Category (insert your Category)/feed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

choirqueer wrote:

Mine isn't a food-specific blog either, but often is about food. During MoFo I am strictly posting MoFo stuff, mostly because it starts to get exhausting just doing that!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 pm 

I'm thinking about doing Vegan MoFo GOES GREEN, as in lots o' collards, kale, beet greens, etc. in a variety of recipes (wraps, drinks, casseroles). Is that boring? My garden is overflowing with these things, so it's a practical idea. But tell me. Is it borrrring?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

AndyDufresne wrote:
I'm thinking about doing Vegan MoFo GOES GREEN, as in lots o' collards, kale, beet greens, etc. in a variety of recipes (wraps, drinks, casseroles). Is that boring? My garden is overflowing with these things, so it's a practical idea. But tell me. Is it borrrring?

I like it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:21 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

IsaChandra wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

I like it!

Me too. I need to eat more greens!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:50 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

pixel wrote:
I know an RSS of a specific category can be done on Wordpress, because I did it last year! My site is mostly about art stuff but I have a Food category and used that for MoFo. If I remember correctly it's basically just

I played around a bit...it's

http://[yourusername].wordpress.com/category/[nameofcategory]/feed/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

AndyDufresne wrote:

I like it, but it will make me green of envy. There are NO GREENS to be found here. I can't see why.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:47 pm 

pannkakan wrote:
I like it, but it will make me green of envy. There are NO GREENS to be found here. I can't see why.

Really!? I don't understand why that would be either.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

choirqueer wrote:
pixel wrote:

I played around a bit...it's

http://[yourusername].wordpress.com/category/[nameofcategory]/feed/

Oh, sorry if that was confusing! I forgot about Wordpress.com. The link I gave is if you are using the Wordpress CMS on your own hosted site, not for a site hosted on Wordpress.com.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I'm not sure if this is the place for this question but I'll try it anyway: I'm thinking of signing up to do Vegan Mofo but I'm pretty...I guess nervous is the right word? I don't blog regularly and I've never blogged about food but I cook and bake a lot and would love to be a part of something so huge. I guess my main concerns are: 1. What are the standards for Vegan Mofo? Meaning I know there's a certain number of times you're supposed to post but outside of that is there anything else? 2. What if I'm not good with pictures because all I have access to is a terrible iPhone and even worse iPad camera? I think this more than my fears of being soundly rejected by the interwebs is why I'm on the fence about participating. I mean, you have to have that first Vegan Mofo sometime, right? And it should have decent photos, shouldn't it?

Also October will be my first month returning to veganism after some weird, truthfully not good enough reasons for straying away from it and for some reason that's making me nervous too.

Obviously I overthink everything in my life.. Thoughts? Encouragements? Stale corn muffins thrown really hard to shut me up?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next