| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Dallas, TX, USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oh yeah, and Veggie Garden rocks under the new ownership! That's hard for me to admit too since I loved the family that used to own it. The food is so much better, and there is more variety now. The only thing is the service isn't quite as good as it used to be, but I think they will get that worked out. It's been a lot more crowded the last few times I've gone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Texasss

@inmypies
Texas VegFest 2012

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:37 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I swear I read something about vspot recently, but I can't remember where.

Found it! It's not open yet. But the chef will be doing a cooking demo at the State Fair (the traditional one, not the veggie one). http://www.bigtex.com/sft/Entertainment/celebrity.asp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:55 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Ah! It looked open when I passed by the other day... Maybe the people inside were just setting up?

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 am 
Tofu Pup

I've been hearing a lot of negative rumors about the V Spot and its owner, Dee Pissaro. Has anyone else heard any of this? LIke how she runs her restaurants like a tyrant and takes advantage of kids who just want to learn more about raw food. She often doesn't even pay her employers. She tricks them into thinking it's a great learning experience and then forks them over.

I also heard from multiple people that she funds her restaurants by dealing in large quantities of Marijuana that she gets from Mexico. That's in addition to the multiple (definitely not vegan) hot dog stands that she has around the city. I have no idea if any of this is true or not.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

FYI - discounts at Veggie Garden:

Veggie Garden is now offering B.Y.O.B with a 5 dollar corking fee per table!

DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR AMAZING DISCOUNTS!

20% off entree Senior Citizens 65+
... 10% off entree Students & Faculty at UTD
FREE entree when you come in on your birthday!
10% off buffet or dinner entree on TATTOO TUESDAY!!

***A valid I.D must be present to redeem discount***

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yes I've been capitalizing on their student discount. Rules so much!

And as far as the V-spot owner, I've heard she is an awesome person from people who are actually very close to her. I've never met her myself, but she has a good reputation as far as I know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Dallas Peeps, Which vet do you use? I'm looking for a good one close to the downtown/uptown area. There are lots of vets in that area, and I am a bit overwhelmed about choosing one. Help!

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I always have made the drive to Plano to Parker Animal and Bird Clinic. Doctor Blonien is an awesome (and affordable) vet. My family has been going to him for 20 years. I tried some vets in the dallas area, but never found one I wanted to go back to, mostly because of the price. City Vet was ok, but still overpriced.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:54 am 
Tofu Pup

AutumnLeaves wrote:
My favorite vegan restaurant is Spiral Diner. Homey atmosphere, and very cool people. Not snobbish or pretentious like other veg*n restaurants I've experienced. It really is my favorite place to be.

Other suggestions are coming soon.

http://www.spiraldiner.com/about/

I first posted in the South, but figured i might find Texas & Oklahoma here - and there ya are :) I am DYING to come down to Spiral Diner! I am in OKC and we have, well, OKC is doing a lot better in terms of widening horizons in many areas (Thank you, Wayne Coyne and Co) but we need more vegan eating options. There is ONE cupcake bakery here that claims to serve vegan - but when i went, i bit into the foulest thing ever, then bite #2 was, i swear on my laptop, frosting from a can. I wanted my money back & i hadn't even paid for it ;-) As for other restaurants, i am not having much luck. But i'm still hopeful for the future.

Sorry, i'm babbling! Just happyhappy to find you all! And i am going to get down to check out the diner if i have to take the train and go alone. Which actually sounds kind of fun. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:03 am 
Inflexitarian

amylynnie wrote:
AutumnLeaves wrote:
My favorite vegan restaurant is Spiral Diner. Homey atmosphere, and very cool people. Not snobbish or pretentious like other veg*n restaurants I've experienced. It really is my favorite place to be.

I first posted in the South, but figured i might find Texas & Oklahoma here - and there ya are :) I am DYING to come down to Spiral Diner! I am in OKC and we have, well, OKC is doing a lot better in terms of widening horizons in many areas (Thank you, Wayne Coyne and Co) but we need more vegan eating options. There is ONE cupcake bakery here that claims to serve vegan - but when i went, i bit into the foulest thing ever, then bite #2 was, i swear on my laptop, frosting from a can. I wanted my money back & i hadn't even paid for it ;-) As for other restaurants, i am not having much luck. But i'm still hopeful for the future.

Sorry, i'm babbling! Just happyhappy to find you all! And i am going to get down to check out the diner if i have to take the train and go alone. Which actually sounds kind of fun. :)

There used to be an Asian place that had the most amazing tofu stir fry. I can't think of the name, but it was somewhere off 240 - 35 area. I was down about 3 miles on 240 (Bryant Ave) at a truck yard and they delivered there. So it had to be somewhere close.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 am 
Saggy Butt

If you tell me when you're going I will try to meet you there. I live around the corner from the Spiral Diner in Fort Worth, and I'm always looking for someone to eat there with me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Veg food cart explosion in DFW!

Jackalope-starting any day now in Dallas http://www.jackalopevegan.com/

Good Karma Kitchen--gluten free vegetarian and very vegan friendly. Starting any day now in Fort Worth http://www.thegoodkarmakitchen.com/

Zombie's--I don't have any details other than it's vegan and opening in Fort Worth soon. Also, zombies! http://eatatzombies.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I thought I must be dreaming because today my friend told me that V Spot has FINALLY opened! I think it's just a soft opening, but still, NEW VEGAN EATS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

assilembob wrote:
amylynnie wrote:
AutumnLeaves wrote:

There used to be an Asian place that had the most amazing tofu stir fry. I can't think of the name, but it was somewhere off 240 - 35 area. I was down about 3 miles on 240 (Bryant Ave) at a truck yard and they delivered there. So it had to be somewhere close.

Hi, thanks! I'm not coming up with anything off the top of my head, but i'll ask my Bro, he seems to know where everything is, the Smart Smarty-Pants :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

Fort Worth is getting a Trader Joe's!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5