| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Peace O Pie!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

lillianp wrote:
animalfriendly wrote:
Customer of Doom: Presumably a customer who, rather than use our website to find out all the information they want, they call instead and tie up the cashier for 10 minutes. And then they don't order.

Lillian, I sent an email to the manager to see if he can get some more stickers from the Bicycle Benefits people. We should never have run out. I'm sure you received a refund, but if there *was* a problem with that, please let me know.

I did get a cash refund, despite paying by card (I assume card refunds can't happen?) And I just meant that I came to the counter and it sounded like they were wrapping up but then ended up continuing on for 10-15 minutes.

Our POS is a bit of a POS, so refunding credit cards is a lot of trouble. I prefer that our employees just do a refund, but it's not "wrong" of them to give cash back instead.

It's true we don't have a public bathroom. It's a small place. There is an employee bathroom downstairs that was built by the TJ Scallywaggle's crew, but we are not supposed to bring people through our kitchen (health department concerns) and I'm not eager to have people trekking past our storeroom and past our manager's desk. Besides, the bathroom is only just functional, and hardly the sort of thing we want to present to our guests. We do have very young children use the bathroom with a parent in emergency cases, but that's the exception. If an employee lets an adult use that bathroom, then he or she *is* doing something "wrong".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ok, i don't remember going downstairs. it must have only been the pizza place in philly. (it must be common for pizza places to not have customer bathrooms. i think i went through the kitchen of 2 different places, but don't remember the 2nd place.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

supercarrot wrote:
ok, i don't remember going downstairs. it must have only been the pizza place in philly. (it must be common for pizza places to not have customer bathrooms. i think i went through the kitchen of 2 different places, but don't remember the 2nd place.)

The raw place that was in the North End had a bathroom that you had to go through the kitchen to get to. Maybe that is where you are thinking of? Now it's a Mexican restaurant... the food is pretty decent!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am 
Tofu Pup

Pi. wrote:
supercarrot wrote:

The raw place that was in the North End had a bathroom that you had to go through the kitchen to get to. Maybe that is where you are thinking of? Now it's a Mexican restaurant... the food is pretty decent!

Wait. Is the new place vegan?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

animalfriendly wrote:
Pi. wrote:
supercarrot wrote:

Wait. Is the new place vegan?

Unfortunately not. But it's also not Italian and it is cheap so I'm happy to have it in the N.End.