| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MoFo prep!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

I spent the evening reorganizing and cleaning out my kitchen to prepare! I am now sitting with a stack of cookbooks and sticky notes as well as bookmarking online recipes/blogs!

I moved into my apartment almost 3 weeks ago and haven't cooked a real meal (read: more than soy chicken patties, tots and food for my dog) since I moved in. MoFo will be the official break in my kitchen extravaganza!

What are you doing to get ready?

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Post subject: Re: MoFo prep!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I've jotted down a bunch of ideas for posts on a piece of paper, so when I get stuck and don't know what to write about I can just check the list (I have 35 so far!)

I also have a couple of restaurant reviews for places I've recently visited to be written up.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm doing 5 different themes, one for each weekday, so I've planned the posts and made a schedule. Actually, I already have a post written and ready! I will try to do this quite a lot, so that I don't have to compromise on the quality just because I'm busy the day of posting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've got my basic schedule planned too. I have recipes or ideas for recipes for the ones I'm trying to make up for most of them already. I have my intro post and 1 other post written and sitting in blogger waiting to be posted. I'm planning on doing a couple more before october starts and then plan to work ahead throughout the month as the items fit into my regular rotation. Hopefully that will help me finish this year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm working on a spreadsheet. I found a ton of songs with food in the title, and right now I'm picking ones I think I can either work a food idea, or recipe into, then I'll narrow down the list and flesh things out. There are a lot of songs about liquor, which could turn into some hilarity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:02 am 
Married to the wolfman

I've been browsing through all my cookbooks and taking mental notes on interesting ingredients for different letters (I'm doing an alphabet theme). Soon, on some day when it's really slow at work maybe, I'm going to try to get at least get my key ingredients for the first week or two chosen...

Man, October is approaching rapidly. Gotta get on this.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:12 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I've been polling all of my friends to see what they consider "foodie"-type dishes. So far I've come up with some cool ones. My MoFo theme is pretty much an attempt to get back at a friend who made a crappy comment about my food not being able to be called the original dish name (he said I label my Vegan Pho as Pho...what a turd).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:32 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm going to make a spreadsheet -- recipes to try, topics to blog about. Excited!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I did a google doc and calendar. And I'm gathering recipes so they're all in one place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I've got the stack of cookbooks out and stickied too, VFR! I also have several online recipes bookmarked and a google doc to keep things neat. And my roommates are starting to email me recipes they think I should do also.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm feeling like a slacker. I haven't done much prep, or even really thought about it besides signing up! You folks are dedicated. I guess my theme is "what I eat when I don't eat mac n' cheese" sooo, that's not too hard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've got a list of potential posts, and I've mentally picked out a few recipes as I come across them. A spreadsheet sounds like a great idea though. I'm still not organised enough to schedule things though, I think I'll just pick whatever I feel like doing that day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:44 am 
ol' garly cooch

I have about half of my recipes already made and photographed. Now I just have to blog about them and save them as edits. That way, I can just change the date and post. Is that cheating?

I have about 14 more recipes to actually make, photograph, and blog about. I'm super stuck on coming up with a "bloody" drink for Pam's character. She strikes me as a fancy drink gal. I've solicited help from the Cosmopolitan Hour team, but I'm sure they are busy. Since I don't do booze, would anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

jewbacca wrote:
I have about half of my recipes already made and photographed. Now I just have to blog about them and save them as edits. That way, I can just change the date and post. Is that cheating?

Hope not because I'm going to be doing some of that too!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:37 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I've got 23 post ideas of 31written down on a crumpled piece of paper and I've signed up for MoFo, bannered up my blog, and I'm starting to spruce things up. I need to get my kitchen a ready in time, it's still really disorganized and I moved in 6 weeks ago!

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jewbacca wrote:

I've done one! This thread makes me feel lazier than I thought I was.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've started cooking my "Untried, still True" recipes so that I can post the pictures/posts when the time comes! I'm just exploring recipes I haven't made yet, since I have all these cookbooks. I need to clean my kitchen and sticky my cookbooks. I'm so excited! I think Saturday is kitchen cleanin' day. woo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:19 am 
Nailed to the V

Erinnerung wrote:
jewbacca wrote:

I've done one! This thread makes me feel lazier than I thought I was.

I have done 4. Scheduling posts is your friend. Sure, It's cheating, but I got 3 weeks of holidays now, then back at work in Oct.

------------------------------
OkC | Google+
------------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:41 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I thought about doing posts in advance and told myself it wasn't cheating, but then I started to feel like, if I write this post now and then don't post it until October, I'm actually depriving the world of blog posts about vegan food in September just to meet a particular posting goal in October, and for me, that felt like cheating. I'm not saying it's cheating for anyone to do it -- especially if you're doing a theme and you want all your theme posts to go together through October -- but since I'm not doing a theme, it definitely felt like cheating to me to avoid posting things in September just to make it easier for me to post every day in October, since the real goal is to spread the word about vegan food as much as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I made a couple things and put pictures in a Vegan MoFo collection, but that's not very much preparation yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I have a theme, but I am not near as organized as some of you are. I love some of you ideas BTW! My theme is "But Where Do You Get Your Protein?" I have quite a few readers who are not veg and you know how often this question gets asked. So I thought I would educate and entertain at the same time. Each week I have a different protein featured. I will post some info and recipe ideas. I am hoping to do a lot of original recipes, but I have lots of cook book backups.

I plan to have a few giveaways too. My first giveaway will be on October 7th. I will be giving away Greatest Veggie Burgers in the World to one lucky follower of my blog. If you aren't a follower yet, please check out the blog and sign up as a follower so you too have a chance to win...hey I sound like a commercial. Hee hee.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:09 pm 
Tofu Pup

Veg-in-Training wrote:
I have a theme, but I am not near as organized as some of you are. I love some of you ideas BTW! My theme is "But Where Do You Get Your Protein?" I have quite a few readers who are not veg and you know how often this question gets asked. So I thought I would educate and entertain at the same time. Each week I have a different protein featured. I will post some info and recipe ideas. I am hoping to do a lot of original recipes, but I have lots of cook book backups.

This is awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I have amassed a big pile of ingredients (my theme is using ingredients I've never tried before). Sorrel flowers, dried Tremella fungus, Costa Rican yam, rose water, a whole mess of vegan mock meat and seafoods, Chinese okra (which looks like a regular okra except gigantic)...and many more...

I probably have more than 30 ingredients so I think some of them are going to be combined. I'm planning to type up a whole list and take photos of everything in advance so that's one less thing I have to do when it comes time to actually write up posts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:31 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

choirqueer wrote:
I thought about doing posts in advance and told myself it wasn't cheating, but then I started to feel like, if I write this post now and then don't post it until October, I'm actually depriving the world of blog posts about vegan food in September just to meet a particular posting goal in October, and for me, that felt like cheating. I'm not saying it's cheating for anyone to do it -- especially if you're doing a theme and you want all your theme posts to go together through October -- but since I'm not doing a theme, it definitely felt like cheating to me to avoid posting things in September just to make it easier for me to post every day in October, since the real goal is to spread the word about vegan food as much as possible.

Haha you are the one that told me on the MoFo FB page to write posts in advance!!!!!!!!! <3

I have the first 3 days of posts scheduled and ready to go, I am off on day 4 and 5 so there will be PLENTY of cooking done those days to get me at least 4 or 5 new posts!

Oh and I am doing a giveaway in the first week! Go Max Go anyone?!?!?!?!?!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:23 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Haha you are the one that told me on the MoFo FB page to write posts in advance!!!!!!!!! <3

I have the first 3 days of posts scheduled and ready to go, I am off on day 4 and 5 so there will be PLENTY of cooking done those days to get me at least 4 or 5 new posts!

Oh and I am doing a giveaway in the first week! Go Max Go anyone?!?!?!?!?!

What??! Did I?! Well then...it's not cheating if you do it! It's only cheating if I do it. Bahahaha...that is SO something that I would do, too...I probably totally agreed with myself when I told you to do it, and then forgot all about having ever thought that.