| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 MoFo Blog Events and Giveaways
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hello!
Only post in this thread if you have a blog event or giveaway happening during 2011 Vegan MoFo!
Please explain what the event/item is, the URL for your blog, the dates of your event and any other pertinent info, including whether prizes can be shipped worldwide. We will be linking to this thread from MoFo Headquarters, so it will get heaps o' traffic.

xo
kittee

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

Post subject: Re: 2011 MoFo Blog Events and Giveaways
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 am 
Tofu Pup

I'll definitely be giving away multiple cookbooks during VeganMofo this year.

I plan on giving away Lick It (vegan ice cream book), and Vegan for $4 A Day, The Happy Herbivore Cook Book, and possibly two or three other vegan cookbook. I'll also be giving away chocolate from a local Chocolatier, Olive and Sinclair (Nashville, TN), and some locally roasted coffee from Drew's Brew's. I have every intention of doing a large package giveaway of my favorite local items as well, but we'll see if finances allow such a thing.

My blog is: http://laceylovesfood.wordpress.com and I should probably update my profile with that information.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I plan to give away a copy of My Sweet Vegan during Mofo madness!! And maybe some more stuff, but definitely that because I have two copies and one needs a good home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 am 
ol' garly cooch

The only one where I know the date for sure is Friday Oct. 14th, I'm giving away a copy of Papa Tofu Loves Ethiopian. I'm not sure about the rules or pertinent info, but I won't make it a random contest. I'll likely choose the winner on some sort of writing merit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:31 am 
Tofu Pup

I'll be doing a giveaway the first week of October at http://Veganyackattack.com that will consist of handmade pot holders, vegan/gluten-free cookies, vegan soaps, and vegan beauty products! I'm so excited for October!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'll be doing one giveaway for sure sometime in the middle of october between the 10th and the 15th. I'll be giving away a copy of the vegan comic zine Soyf*cker (issue #2)
I may also do an art giveaway at the end of the month, around the 28th or so.

Mofo site is: http://upthemofo.tumblr.com/

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Vegan Coloradical will be giving away a twelve pack of Chocolate Covered Cocomels (coconut milk caramels OMG). They are awesome, made in Boulder, and look like this:

There is a sea salt flavor! And a chai flavor!

http://www.vegancoloradical.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:17 am 
Tofu Pup

I will be doing at least one cookbook giveaway - Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar - as well as a few vegan convenience food goodies. The giveaways will be tied into a contest of some sort, which I haven't fully decided on the details of just yet. The blog is http://theunintentionalvegan.com/vegan-blog. The first contest will start on October 3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm 
Tofu Pup

I wanted to remove my above post, but I don't see any option to do so. I am no longer going to participate in MoFo, though i do plan on blogging daily and giving things away. I wasn't able to install the widget to create an RSS successfully and I honestly don't have any more time to devote to making it work. If an admin could remove my post I would be really grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 pm 
Tofu Pup

Yay giveaways! In lieu of my recent food edumacation, I'm going to be giving away "The Flavor Bible", since it's such a great recipe development resource and I love the crepe out of it.

The prize: The Food Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg
URL: http://blog.happy-vegan.com
Start Date: Oct 3 (Contest ends midnight Oct 10)
Shipping: Worldwide
How to Win: Random selection! Muah ha ha!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 am 
Saggy Butt

kuntrageous wrote:
I wanted to remove my above post, but I don't see any option to do so. I am no longer going to participate in MoFo, though i do plan on blogging daily and giving things away. I wasn't able to install the widget to create an RSS successfully and I honestly don't have any more time to devote to making it work. If an admin could remove my post I would be really grateful.

Use feedburner.com, it's so easy.
:)

Breeder of dust bunnies.
Hermit in training.

Post subject: Re: 2011 MoFo Blog Events and Giveaway - GreenLightVegan Jew
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey there, PPK and MoFo fiends!

I'm so excited about VeganMoFo. It inspired me to seed and water my little blog more than ever and pay more attention to my readers on the spiderwebs. In recompense for your great support and greed for yums, I'm offering two giveaways!

Giveaway #1 on October 5
A VEG*N tablet bracelet or necklace. These handsculpted pendants reading "veg*n" are a perfect match for any outfit. With their eclectic selection of beads paired with elegant silver or gold findings, consider these your new go-to accessories for a casual day or a spunky night. They are sure to start a conversation! I love to wear mine with a superchunky knitted scarf.
by SpindleBell

Giveaway #2 on October 25
A *SURPRISE* Bonte Bough necklace. Bonte (pronounced bon-tay) is the French term meaning "kindness". These elegant Bonte Boughs feature handsculpted birds stamped with the letter "V" to honor those who live a committed, compassionate veg lifestyle. Beautiful glass beads accent our feathered friend for a polished statement. (Note: Pictured is an example of the Bonte style, but the colors of your Bough are a surprise!)
by SpindleBell

Happy Blogging!

P.S. I definitely recommend FeedBurner for your RSS needs. It's simple and easy. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 am 
Saggy Butt

1st week: I will be giving the Very Vegan & Very Good Saucemaker's Dozen packs (see here:
http://morethangourmet.com/our-products ... -very-good)

3rd week: I will be giving a 20$ gift card from Mooshoes

I might give a couple of cookbooks too but I haven't decided what and when yet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:51 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

kuntrageous wrote:

Your blog is http://laceylovesfood.wordpress.com/ ? Your feed works just fine; it's at http://laceylovesfood.wordpress.com/feed/ :)

Post subject: Cake Liberation Front goodies
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello,

I'm involved with a vegan baking group called the Cake Liberation Front. We will be giving away some of our goodies during MoFo 2011 - aprons, badges, postcards over at my personal blog which is http://teaandsympatico.blogspot.com/

Check out our website at www.cakeliberationfront.com

Love Caroline x

http://www.cakeliberationfront.com/

Post subject: Re: 2011 MoFo Blog Events and Giveaway - GreenLightVegan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:22 pm 
Tofu Pup

Quote:
I'm so excited about VeganMoFo. It inspired me to seed and water my little blog more than ever and pay more attention to my readers on the spiderwebs. In recompense for your great support and greed for yums, I'm offering two giveaways!

Apparently, SO excited that I forgot to link to my blog!

greenlightvegan.wordpress.com

Feel free to say Hi!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:38 am 
Nailed to the V

I'll be doing giveaways for the first time ever! Last night I unexpectedly became the recipient of a ton of goodies that I'm planning on giving away! I have a ton of coupons for EB Coconut Spread, Mindful Mayo, Gardein and So Delicious Coconut products. And some pepper grinders. And Dandies. So, instead of filling a warehouse with this stuff, I'm going to pass it along :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:53 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I have a few giveaways planned!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:40 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I plan on doing a few give aways, but I am trying to see if I can get a couple of folks to donate stuff.

I'm trying to increase traffic on my site, so I'm thinking to qualify, the winner would have to be a follower of my blog. Do you think that's an OK idea.

I will for sure be giving away a copy of Joni Marie Newman's Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet on October 7th. The lucky winner will have their copy by the time it is featured in the PPK Cookbook Challenge.

my blog is www.vegintraing.blogspot.com. The link is also in my sig.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'll be giving away some of my favorite vegan cookbooks! Please stop by, enjoy some of the delicious recipes I'll be sharing, and enter to win! http://hungryvegan.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm doing giveaways every day for MoFo. Cookbooks, tea, chocolate, and more! Some will be US only (my hands are tied), some US/Canada, and some worldwide. One will be for PPKers only.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kuntrageous wrote:
I plan on giving away Lick It (vegan ice cream book)

heh. had you ever reviewed anything out of it? i still haven't made anything from it yet.

also would any of you object to my promoting your giveaways on vegancoupons? (facebook and twitter, no official blog yet.) i'm going to err on the side of publicity, so if you really would rather i not, just let me know (via e-mail or PM) <3

::edit:: celyn. duly noted. <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Veg-in-Training wrote:
I'm trying to increase traffic on my site, so I'm thinking to qualify, the winner would have to be a follower of my blog. Do you think that's an OK idea.

lots of givers-away have that requirement, but most have it be a "bonus entry"

so they'll say one comment on the post gets you an entry, follow the blog via rss or feedburner gets another, follow on FB, twitter, etc. gets more and so-on. most bloggers require you to make a separate comment for each action, and some explicitly ask to combine all actions into one comment. (it's fascinating observing who follows the rules and who don't.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

supercarrot wrote:
Veg-in-Training wrote:

lots of givers-away have that requirement, but most have it be a "bonus entry"

so they'll say one comment on the post gets you an entry, follow the blog via rss or feedburner gets another, follow on FB, twitter, etc. gets more and so-on. most bloggers require you to make a separate comment for each action, and some explicitly ask to combine all actions into one comment. (it's fascinating observing who follows the rules and who don't.)

I have one company who is going to require following them on FB or Twitter or joining their email list, but other than that I am keeping it as simple as possible! I like to think about Vegan MoFo as a celebration of all that's vegan, so I link to the companies since they are so generous and let the rest be as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I need to break the rules quickly (sorry Kittee!) and just say that I am going to stalk all your blogs and enter every giveaway! /end hijack