| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 637  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

AutumnLeaves wrote:
So, I was excited about my second ever etsy sale. I told the customer that I was going to send it off today. I go to pay pal and print the label, and pay pal wants to charge twice the shipping that I though it would be. So I cancel the Pay Pal label, and brave the cold and the rain to go to the post office. It took forever to ship it but I did and I came out of the post office, the temperature dropped another 10 degrees and the rain got harder. The bus was late, and I was underdressed, so I was cold and soaked. I get home and go on etsy to tell my customer that I shipped it, and I get this lovely message.

"Hi I just got a notice that you have changed your mind about shipping the doll. That's fine, please refund my money though."

I know it wasn't personal, but I went through Hell to ship her stupid package. It was like 11AM when she sent me that, and we are in the same time zone. Why would she assume that I wouldn't be shipping it because I cancelled the shipping label at 7:30 in the morning? I know it was just a misunderstanding, but I am wet, cold and mad at the world. >:((

I've had one really terrible Etsy experience where IT WAS NOT MY FAULT but the buyer felt the item was misrepresented. She said she was expecting the pillow to be bigger. I listed the measurements in the listing [like I always do] and she said she still thought it should have been BIGGER. I didn't understand what she wanted me to do about it. It was very frustrating and I ended up sending her a free item so she wouldn't leave terrible feedback. Etsiers live and die by that feedback...at least I do! I think every once in a while this happens. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened to you!

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 pm 

The worst thing about my day is that one of our new roommates has a kid who cries all of the time. And it's that annoying fake crying the kid put on as an act because his dad coddles him. I practically raised my niece and nephew for 5 years: I get it that kids cry. It's a part of being a youngin. The thing that's forked up is that we were told his son would only be here once a week AT THE MOST. He's been here every day for the past week and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere else.

I think I would feel better if we were allowed to have an animal child. At least a tiny little parakeet doesn't cry...

*No offense to parents out there. I just think the guy misrepresented his situation to everyone living here.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Spoke to my surgeon, and it sounds like I may have injured my back cleaning out my classroom and walking all over the school building the last week of school because nobody would help me and it had to be done, and then using the elliptical past month accelerated it and I have what sounds like a recurrence and probably need a surgical revision in order not to be permanently incapacitated with this nerve damage/loss of foot and ankle mobility.

I wish I had not called. Sometimes it is better to not know, especially when there is nothing that you can do. I've been suspecting this for the past 2-3 weeks.

I guess the bright side is now I can stop planning to start studying for the GREs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
crew meal was mexican themed...which is normally a good thing

today, they mixed the beans into a 5" layer dip"...mixed in with cheese and sour cream. Also they put chicharrones (fried pork skin) in the salad. rice tacos for lunch were pretty forkin lame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:46 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I have a headcold coming on so I had to cancel my lunchdate for tomorrow. I was really looking forward to it but on the bright-ish side I do have lots of delicious stew that needs to be eaten.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm 

stephanie wrote:
After ten straight hours of knocking on doors all over the northwest side of Milwaukee for Russ, this:
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010 ... ohnson.php
I feel like I'm hallucinating. None of this feels real.

Kinney, I'm so sorry about your grandma. Thinking of you.

Thank you :)

And this whole election thing, argh. In two years, I'm curious what people are saying then...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

My partner of five years has brought up the break-up issue for the second time in two weeks today. There's a lot of backstory, but boring story even more boring is that I'm not ready to let go. Just a big emotional struggle that I respond to by shutting down. We've lived together for 4 1/2 years and I want to have a future together...major boo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got my ribs tattooed on Monday, so I haven't been able to wear a bra for the last few days. This is day four, and it's destroying my back. A flimsy bikini top isn't cutting it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:47 pm 
Joking!

the whole thing!!!!!! frrraaaaaaack!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I ate wedges fried in beef tallow today. Stupid of me to not check but i didnt even think aboiut it. Plus i only bought them because i was so rushed off my feet at work and wanted something hot and quick. I usually go home for lunch and could have made something lovely. fork.

Luckily I only ate a few and not the whole tub before I noticed but still.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Pop! wrote:
My partner of five years has brought up the break-up issue for the second time in two weeks today. There's a lot of backstory, but boring story even more boring is that I'm not ready to let go. Just a big emotional struggle that I respond to by shutting down. We've lived together for 4 1/2 years and I want to have a future together...major boo.

*Hugs and cuddles*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:20 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Pop! wrote:

Oh my god, that sucks. I hope it can be worked through.

Writing!
"personal journey" blog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 pm 
Joking!

A client basically telling me they "can't afford" the $700+ that they owe me for 5 jobs that spread out over the last 5 months, aka they're cheap mustards who aren't going to pay me and now I'll either have to suck it up or take them to court and probably not get any or all of the money they owe me. forking bisque! God damn it, mother forker!!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK!!!!!

Oh also biking to work with torrential, freezing rain and insane window, a cardboard box even blew onto my bike and somehow lodged itself between my wheel and my brake and I was hoping I could be cheap and get away with only using a $9 poncho from target as my rain gear this year, but it didn't help much and in fact it kind of hindered seeing as how I was blinded by the waterfall of rain coming off the hood directly into my eyeballs and my legs and lower half of my arms were soaked. Guess I really do need to buy a crazy expensive rain suit. And I got doored yesterday, but luckily managed to escape any injury because of the lucky timing and I must have had some crazy adrenaline rush take over that made me involuntarily werve/lean over because only my arm hit the door, but it scared the hell out of me. And then when I got to another clients (not the same one who's not paying me) my hard drive wouldn't connect to any of their computers at all and was making beeping noises and sounded like it was spinning, stopping, spinning again. I was about to pass out from stress I thought I lost everything since my last back up which hadn't been in months (which is dumb). That thank god turned out fine, it worked when I got home and I backed it up. And I'm totally stressed because I'm getting a recommendation for a job that might pay a ton, but that has a grueling commute and I totally would hate the job but I'm so desperate for money I don't know if I can afford to turn it down if it were offered to me. I prefer to work in the city and don't want to get rid of my clients, well at least not two of my clients, I really like two of them.

Last edited by panda on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

panda wrote:
A client basically telling me they "can't afford" the $700+ that they owe me for 5 jobs that spread out over the last 5 months, aka they're cheap mustards who aren't going to pay me and now I'll either have to suck it up or take them to court and probably not get any or all of the money they owe me. forking bisque! God damn it, mother forker!!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK!!!!!

Well, that sucks horrifically. What asshats. Can you file a claim with the BBB or something?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:23 pm 
Joking!

kfad wrote:
panda wrote:

Well, that sucks horrifically. What asshats. Can you file a claim with the BBB or something?

....I don't know if the BBB protects freelancers against small business that don't pay them. If this really turns into a battle to get paid I'll be contacting the Freelancers' Union here in New York to get legal advice. I knew I should have had a contract with this bisque, she has no idea what she's doing. I normally only deal with people who actually know what's going on and I never get questioned about my invoices ever by anyone else, and there's no reason to, I'm totally honest, way too honest for my own good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 pm 
Joking!

Oh my gaaawd. I just got an email from them asking "friend to friend" if I can offer an even further discount as a favor....hmmm let me see if my landlord will take my friendship instead of rent. I'm not your friend lady.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

panda wrote:
Oh my gaaawd. I just got an email from them asking "friend to friend" if I can offer an even further discount as a favor....hmmm let me see if my landlord will take my friendship instead of rent. I'm not your friend lady.

Maybe it is my frustration at my own personal job situation, but... the phrase "friend to friend" strikes me as condescending. However, I hate people today (not anyone specific) and may be jaded.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:34 pm 
Naked Under Apron

A student gave me a really bad review on ratemyprofessors. So now I've got one great review and one bad one, so I guess it evens out. (The bad one criticized three things. Two of them are things that I'm already aware of and have been working on. The third is something that I really don't think I do, and in fact, people have specifically complimented me before on not doing that.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had a really bad/stressful day overall, all accumulating to the point where I was driving home and some pickup that was going really slow pulled over to let us pass, except he was still driving along the shoulder and it was a little confusing, and I screamed in my car "WHY DON'T PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO forking DRIVE??" when normally I would've just been glad that he was kind enough to let us go in front of him instead of being stuck behind him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I just feel yucky today. D=

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I started ukulele classes and I suck at strumming. They made it sound easy, but my clumsy fingers keep getting stuck between the strings and making awful noises. My nails kept getting stuck too, so I cut them but it didn't help. And now I have super short nails on one hand.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:01 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I drove all the way to school, which is about 45 minutes away from my house to find out that my class was canceled. No note on the door or anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Spending $90 at the grocery store when I only had 50 in the bank. Thankfully, I had $40 in giftcards I was waiting to use for an emergency. Since I don't know when I'll get paid again (I'm on medical leave and my short term disability checks haven't come yet), I guess this classifies as an emergency situation. But I bought enough ingredients to make at least 9 different recipes that will yield 4-8 servings each, so I guess that's cool.

Also, Comcast is a giant dick. But not a nice dick. The kinda dick that roofies you, gang bangs you with 10 friends, steals your underwear, tells everyone you were begging for it, and then talks about you at school for the next two weeks.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:13 am 
Married to the wolfman

My kid vomited in my hair at 1:30 this morning. It smelled like tofurky hot dogs. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat those again.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Dentist today. He ground out an old filling that had cracked to replace and it was totally not numb. Not. Numb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 637  Next