| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Let's swap MoFo ideas in here!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I'm doing the October Unprocessed Challenge so there will be at least one recipe with unprocessed ingredients a week and I will add my experiences about not eating anything processed in October. Unprocessed Monday?

Also a lot of "Vegan Food to go" because on a lot of days I'm not home for breakfast, lunch AND dinner and don't have access to a microwave or *gasp* a stove. So I carry tons of food around all day because I'm a poor student in a city with very few vegan options to eat. That will be another weekday topic. Vegan To Go Tuesday sounds so cool.

Everything I Ate Wednesday is a classic I guess?

THEN once a week a cookbook challenge post. Yay! Cookbook Challenge Thursday.

Friday I get my vegetable/fruit box delivered via bike so I'm going to share a picture of everything I got this week and tell you all what I plan to do with it. I'm also going to swoon about how amazing my box is. Fruitbox Friday.

Weekends will be random stuff. Yay! I have so many ideas already.

once you accept your limits you can go beyond them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am 
ol' garly cooch

I'm also planning on keeping up with "Foodblogger Fridays" to plug other people's blogs that might not get enough attention. When I went to VVC, I was floored by the number of vegan blogs. It hurt my brain.

ps- I made the Jason Stackhouse Po'Boy last night and have finally come up with a cocktail for Pam. The cocktail can be made lushy or virgin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:15 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

claracharlotte wrote:
I'm doing the October Unprocessed Challenge so there will be at least one recipe with unprocessed ingredients a week and I will add my experiences about not eating anything processed in October. Unprocessed Monday?

Are you skipping plant milk? That was the one thing that stumped me, since I like to get in a cup of milk every day to make sure I'm hitting all my calcium. I know it's possible to eat enough greens etc, but I don't trust myself to do it consistently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

mollyjade wrote:
claracharlotte wrote:

Are you skipping plant milk? That was the one thing that stumped me, since I like to get in a cup of milk every day to make sure I'm hitting all my calcium. I know it's possible to eat enough greens etc, but I don't trust myself to do it consistently.

Almond milk is easy enough to make at home. Or, you know, just eat 1/4 cup of almonds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I've finally settled on my MoFo plan! It's so soon! I'm really excited!

I'm going to be doing last years cookbook challenge again on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays. I'll be picking the names of my cookbooks out of a hat & then using a random number generator to pick the recipes I'll be cooking. I'm shooting for three recipes a day.

I'm also going to be cooking Football Foods on Sundays, Mr Jojo always watches the games then & our kitchen / lounge is the same room so I may as well make it about the food! I'll be cooking New Foods on Fridays, this is stuff I've wanted to cook for ages but that I've been too intimidated to try, so far I've chosen three of the four Fridays foods (Paella, Tamales & Bread). Has anyone got any ideas for another dish? Saturdays & Thursdays are going to be random, restaurant eats, favourite products, whatever I feel like really!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:44 am 
Tofu Pup

I impulsively registered yesterday. Mine will be about utilizing a vegan diet to assist in health and weight loss. I've lost 70 lbs, so hopefully my progress will continue and we'll share some good ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 am 
Tofu Pup

Oh , and I'm having trouble attaching signatures, so my blogger is http://bodybychickpeas.blogspot.com/

If anyone can tell me how to fix my signature, I'm lost.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

fruitbat wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
claracharlotte wrote:

Almond milk is easy enough to make at home. Or, you know, just eat 1/4 cup of almonds.

Fortunately I'm able to make soymilk and almondmilk myself because I have a Soyabella!

I'm really happy about this :) because it means I can still make my oatmeal and muesli with the things I'm used to.

once you accept your limits you can go beyond them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

claracharlotte wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

Fortunately I'm able to make soymilk and almondmilk myself because I have a Soyabella!

I'm really happy about this :) because it means I can still make my oatmeal and muesli with the things I'm used to.

I guess I was thinking more about the fortification than the actual drink.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jojo wrote:
I'm also going to be cooking Football Foods on Sundays, Mr Jojo always watches the games then & our kitchen / lounge is the same room so I may as well make it about the food!

Boyfriend is going to love this! He's a little bit obsessed with classic, 'game day' foods. If he had his way he would eat nothing but tofu hot wings and potato skins every day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I like weird stuff. This year I'm doing a different theme for each day of the week. For instance, Mandy Moore Movie Mondays.

This sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been planning some tv show-themed posts but then I stopped blogging so I might do them for MoFo or after MoFo is over. I'm going to be cooking from Viva Vegan as I'm almost done with the book and I'll be doing the Cookbook Challenge as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:24 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

jojo wrote:
I've finally settled on my MoFo plan! It's so soon! I'm really excited!

I'm going to be doing last years cookbook challenge again on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays. I'll be picking the names of my cookbooks out of a hat & then using a random number generator to pick the recipes I'll be cooking. I'm shooting for three recipes a day.

I'm also going to be cooking Football Foods on Sundays, Mr Jojo always watches the games then & our kitchen / lounge is the same room so I may as well make it about the food! I'll be cooking New Foods on Fridays, this is stuff I've wanted to cook for ages but that I've been too intimidated to try, so far I've chosen three of the four Fridays foods (Paella, Tamales & Bread). Has anyone got any ideas for another dish? Saturdays & Thursdays are going to be random, restaurant eats, favourite products, whatever I feel like really!

Fresh pasta? Pierogi? Seitan by washing the flour?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 am 

Efcliz wrote:
jojo wrote:
I'll be cooking New Foods on Fridays, this is stuff I've wanted to cook for ages but that I've been too intimidated to try, so far I've chosen three of the four Fridays foods (Paella, Tamales & Bread). Has anyone got any ideas for another dish?

Fresh pasta? Pierogi? Seitan by washing the flour?

Pierogi! Genius! I'll make the recipe in Vegan Brunch. I've tried fresh pasta before (although it was a fail!) & I can buy VWG so I know I'd never bother to make seitan the harder way & I'd like it to be something I'll actually make again!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:46 am 

Erinnerung wrote:
jojo wrote:
I'm also going to be cooking Football Foods on Sundays, Mr Jojo always watches the games then & our kitchen / lounge is the same room so I may as well make it about the food!

Boyfriend is going to love this! He's a little bit obsessed with classic, 'game day' foods. If he had his way he would eat nothing but tofu hot wings and potato skins every day.

Awesome, the first post includes wings! Nick's he same he'd totally eat that stuff every day!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I basically lived off pierogi when I lived in Russia, and I love those VB ones to death. Be sure to give them a final fry though, whatever Isa says.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

I was going to just do a generic "Hallowe'en treats" but am now going with a more specific Owlowe'en treats!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm going to cook one recipe from every cookbook I own! Which is, on last count...46. Too ambitious? Probably. I think I made it like 7 days last year and now I'm going to blog 46 recipes? I do think it'll help me to have a theme, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

Erinnerung wrote:
A fashion-y thing? I have a ton of vintage dresses and it could be cool to make foods inspired by the colours or prints of a different one each day. Like olive tapenade pizza for the one with the olive tree print. I might do this as an ongoing blog theme (only partially because it enables my spending).

LOVE that idea!! Please do it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5