| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eyeliner
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 pm 
Chip Strong

any suggestions on really good eyeliner that won't fade, flake or smudge?
I now use urban decay and while I love how smoothly it goes on, about 2 hours in, black marks appear underneath my eyes. a little while later, the eyeliner doesn't seem to be there at all.
I put powder on before I apply it to help absorb any oils/moisture, but it doesn't seem to help.

ideas?

Post subject: Re: Eyeliner
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:04 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Prestige Total Intensity liners are AMAZING. They're the only ones I've tried that really stay put. They're a little hard to find, but Rite Aid and Ulta usually carry Prestige stuff. Plus, cheap! $5 and change, which is about all I'm willing to pay for an eyeliner. I rarely wear it, but I like these so much I bought 5 colors. Definitely worth a try.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Ohh, this is hard for me to remember to do every day but it really does work to keep eyeliner on (and I use the UD one). Every morning right before you put on your eyeliner take a qtip and just run it along your water line to absorb any eye moisture. The drier the better. After applying the eyeliner, get a liner brush and a black shadow and set it with that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Do you like pencils or gel/liquid? Because, for me at least, gel eyeliner applied with a brush has the best staying power. MAC Fluidline (in Blacktrack) and the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner (all colors, I think) are both vegan. The Bobbi Brown one is my holy grail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:08 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I use this stuff:

http://www.corycosmetics.com/makeup/eye ... rs.htm#efs

I use loose mineral powders and a flat push brush, and I tap a tiny amount of the eyeliner solution in the lid of my powder and then mix it with the minerals, then apply. When I use that stuff it lasts and lasts! It's not natural, but it's vegan.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Fee wrote:
Ohh, this is hard for me to remember to do every day but it really does work to keep eyeliner on (and I use the UD one). Every morning right before you put on your eyeliner take a qtip and just run it along your water line to absorb any eye moisture. The drier the better. After applying the eyeliner, get a liner brush and a black shadow and set it with that.

fee is on the mark!
this also is a good tip for putting on eyelashes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:38 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Hoodwinked wrote:
any suggestions on really good eyeliner that won't fade, flake or smudge?
I now use urban decay and while I love how smoothly it goes on, about 2 hours in, black marks appear underneath my eyes. a little while later, the eyeliner doesn't seem to be there at all.
I put powder on before I apply it to help absorb any oils/moisture, but it doesn't seem to help.

ideas?

The best way to stop your eyeliner from running is after you put in on take a skin tone shadow and using a small stiff brush apply the shadow under your eyelashes making sure it gets right up to the edge of your waterline (where you put the eyeliner). No matter what brand you use this will create a barrier and stop the eyeliner from melting down your face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:18 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I am hooked on the ELF felt tip pen. It lasts a good 12 hours, draws a great line and is only $1. The down fall is it starts get fuzzy in a month at the tip - but again it is only $1...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

http://www.karmavore.ca/shop_item.php?pcatid=17&id=1089

Suncoat liquid eyeliner is really good. I was hesitant but when I was in Vancouver last I went into the store to try it out, I put some on my hand and once it dried I couldn't even rub it off (I didn't try all that hard, but still!) I'm going to buy some as soon as I get access to money again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

The best eyeliner I've ever used is Sonia Kashuk's gel liner. It says "no animal testing" on most (if not all) of those products, but I'm not sure if they're byproduct free. (the eyeliner is vegan, I think.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Use UD eyeshadow primer potion as a base. Works like a charm!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:27 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

Ben Nye's Final Seal layered over eyeliner makes it bulletproof. It's like Benefit Shelaq, but cheap.

ETA: I don't recommend this for the waterline, at all.

Last edited by Adah on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Wait wait wait, are you doing your top line or your bottom line? Or both?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:05 pm 
Dildo Queen

MAC powerpoint pencil "engraved" is what i use and my makeup stays perfect all day.

but now i'm reading everyone else's responses and they are talking about eye shadow. i use eyeshadow, too. i put it lots of it on before my eyeliner, top and bottom, so maybe thats what's keeping it in place?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I've been using Smashbox cream liners for a while now (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... goryId=B70) and they stay on really, really well. If you rub your eyes it'll smudge, but if you don't go poking yourself in the eyes it doesn't run at all. I'm definitely getting more when I run out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 am 
Chip Strong

thanks so much for all the suggestions. looks like I have some shopping to do.

I only wear liner (pencil, not gel)on the upper lid; whenever I have tried the lower lid, the problem is 10 times worse.

thanks again!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm 
Chip Strong

I really like MAC fluidline; it seems to stay put pretty well if I powder my eyelid first. With a primer like the urban decay one and some shadow it will stay forever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I use black iron oxide, i.e. basically the same thing as black eye shadow without fillers, applied with a damp liner brush.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I like the MAC cream ones that you apply with a brush, I have Blacktrack and it is vegan according to Melisser's wesbite. It's really precise and doesn't smudge.
ETA: same product that Lixa is talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:40 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

fupapack wrote:
Fee wrote:

fee is on the mark!

I was going to suggest setting it with black shadow, as well, although this might not work if you're lining your waterline.

I didn't ever think to try drying my waterline first. I'll have to give that a whirl.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

After reading these suggestions I brushed some powder right under my under the eye eyeliner and my make up stayed put all day! I usually end up looking like Alice Cooper by the end of the day, but not anymore. Thanks y'all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Black iron oxide sounds awesome. I have a prestige liner that I really love but I don't think it's vegan. Styli-style makes a great liquid liner that stays on most of the day but again, not sure if it's vegan. Now that I think of it, that's been my favorite liner for a long time and I'm going to write the company and find out. Wet n Wild makes an amazing liquid liner that I really LOVE - until I try to get it off. I feel like I've tried everything (except commercial removers) and damnit that shiitake won't budge!! I've had okay luck with GOSH's liners too, but as far as staying power goes, WnW wins. I love makeup.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

fresh_paint wrote:
fupapack wrote:
Fee wrote:

fee is on the mark!

I was going to suggest setting it with black shadow, as well, although this might not work if you're lining your waterline.

I didn't ever think to try drying my waterline first. I'll have to give that a whirl.

I don't like putting eyeliner in my waterline (because i'm terrible at it), so I take an eyeliner pencil that has the smudging sponge thing on the end, dip it in eyeshadow, and do that. It works pretty well, but obviously it won't stay on forever.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear