| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MoFo Iron Chef!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:39 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It is happening this year, just not on my blog. Since I have a theme going, I asked Isa if I could do it on the main MoFo blog, so that's where it'll be.

For those unfamiliar, I post an ingredient (or a combo of two) on Friday, you have all weekend to shop and make something up, then I post a round-up late on Sunday. There are no winners, and the only rule is that yes, it does have to be an original recipe (using a recipe from a cookbook would defeat the purpose).

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post subject: Re: MoFo Iron Chef!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay! So excited to have this back again this year. I've already seen some amazing entries for the first challenge, I'm just finishing up the post on my contribution.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

I did chickpea "hot pockets" - http://bodybychickpeas.blogspot.com/201 ... legal.html

And echoing a comment posted when the ingredient was announced last week, can this Friday's ingredient(s) be announced a little bit earlier? Just to ensure enough grocery-shoppin' time. Thanks! This was fun. And tasty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 pm 
Cranky

It's not a challenge if you get too much planning time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

That commenter was me, and my issue is that I am on a really tight budget and I have to travel some distance to buy groceries, so in order to get whatever the ingredient is, I need to budget for it and I need to know about it in time for my weekly shopping trip. I usually do that on Friday morning! I'm not saying you should plan this all around me and my schedule, but I think I may not be the only one who will have a hard time participating if not given enough time to plan extra groceries into a tight budget and limited access to the grocery store.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Thanks for all your hard work, Katie!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

until i gave it some thought, more time made sense. but it's kind of an on-the-fly thing, right?

but there's nothing to say that people can't incorporate it into their MOFOing in an informal way, even if they can't make the deadline.

i'm not involved in veganmofo at all this year, but i gotta say, it seems like some people are doing a whole crapton of (volunteer) work and in addition to the awesomeness that's coming out, there's also some criticism and complaining. how about just keeping it posi, doing what you can within the parameters they've set up, and making the most of the month?

keep up the good work, mofo crew!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Yeah. There's plenty to do during MoFo. If there are a few things that don't work for you the best thing is to find something that does. It feels super crappy to put so much work into something only to have it picked apart. If something doesn't work with my schedule and I really want to do it I change my schedule, I don't try to get that thing to change for me. If I can't change my schedule I sit it out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

calcuhater wrote:
until i gave it some thought, more time made sense. but it's kind of an on-the-fly thing, right?

but there's nothing to say that people can't incorporate it into their MOFOing in an informal way, even if they can't make the deadline.

i'm not involved in veganmofo at all this year, but i gotta say, it seems like some people are doing a whole crapton of (volunteer) work and in addition to the awesomeness that's coming out, there's also some criticism and complaining. how about just keeping it posi, doing what you can within the parameters they've set up, and making the most of the month?

keep up the good work, mofo crew!

+many

Thanks for all the hard work, MoForganizers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:49 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I just want to clarify, I wasn't saying that it should be changed just for me. It just seemed like the kind of thing that might be an issue for a lot of people, not just me.

I usually try to err on the side of offering feedback because I know when I'm organizing stuff, if there's something I could do that might make it easier for more people to participate I would at least want to know about it even if I'm not going to actually do it. I think it's awesome what you're doing, I want to support it in any way I can, and the intention behind my suggestion was 100% about how awesome this whole thing is and wanting to support it by offering feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Challenge #2 is up!

http://www.veganmofo.com/iron-chef-challenge-2/

About the time thing, i've been doing Iron Chef on my blog for the past four MoFos, the first time I did it the cutoff was Sunday at noon and multiple people said that was tough to meet, so I added a few hours so people would have all Sunday morning to cook and blog, and haven't had any complaints since.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear