| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 303  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:31 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Zoya's Dovima. It's matte, but I'm wearing it with a top coat. I took the pic in the sun, so you can see the colorful shimmer. It's a a charcoal color with teensy rainbow shimmer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I was so happy to read here that OPI nail polishes are vegan, I've been wondering that! My favorite color is Lincoln Park After Dark, it's a really dark purple color, so pretty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:50 pm 

I'm wearing Zoya's Roxy. It's super glam and makes you feel like a rock star. No pic in the world could do this polish justice, because it's sparkly in just about any light, but it really comes alive in the sun. I wish it was possible to capture the beauty of this polish, but since it's not, take my word for it and buy it! Not my pic:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That looks fabulous. I know I am going to cave on that sale you posted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

This thread has inspired me to start painting my nails again. I've currently got OPI's Ski Teal We Drop on my toes,and Black Cherry Chutney on my fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Nail polish makes my happy. I need some happy, but I feel too crappy to pick colors. My Gondola and Vendetta are a bit chipped so time for a change.

Suggestions? I always do different toes/fingers and sometimes hands different or just one matching toes. Out of 80 bottles, I should have most suggestions covered! I don't want anything summery though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:52 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I've got Essie Chinchilly on. It's a gray that's slightly taupe. I didn't like it when I got it, but it's grown on me.
Not my pic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm wearing my fav color Linkin Park after dark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:35 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Same colors as last time (Chopsticking to my story and lincoln park after dark) but in a different style

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm not sure which I love more: your tee shirt or that mani.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:05 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

1. I am wearing Olive Green by Avon of all things. It's an exact dupe of Orbis Non Suffict (sp?) by Rescue Beauty Lounge.

2. Essie was bought by L'Oreal about 6 months ago. :(

3. nailgal.com has swatches of most polishes. Look there before you buy!

4. Wet n Wild Black Creme is THE superior black polish EVER. It's totally black and opaque in one coat. Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:35 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I walked into a Douglas store yesterday to pick up some Opi nailpolish after reading here that it's vegan...and one bottle costs SIXTEEN euros. What. That is way too expensive! There must be a better way!

(The color that I tested in the store was called something like "Pretty Princess" or similar. It was really lovely.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:10 pm 

That's nuts. They're $8.50 here usually but you can get them for six something a piece if you buy more than one in a lot of stores.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 pm 

Garnett wrote:
1. I am wearing Olive Green by Avon of all things. It's an exact dupe of Orbis Non Suffict (sp?) by Rescue Beauty Lounge.

2. Essie was bought by L'Oreal about 6 months ago. :(

3. nailgal.com has swatches of most polishes. Look there before you buy!

4. Wet n Wild Black Creme is THE superior black polish EVER. It's totally black and opaque in one coat. Awesome.

A lot of people love it, but WnW Black Creme chipped like a mofo on me in one day.

Re: OPI. I've heard it's much more expensive in Europe, but can be bought cheap on ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm 

This is OPI's Sparkle-icious over a dark greeinsh teal. In the right light, it glitters like crazy and looks too sparkly to even be nail polish. I LOOOOOOOVE it. It's a limited edition color, I believe, so hurry up and get it. It was hard to capture, so in my pic it doesn't look too sparkly, but you can see all the sparkle on my thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Thats an interesting look Bastah. I've never gotten huge into glitters for some reason, but I love them on other people. Maybe I just hate removing them? I am lusting after Bad Romance though.

My nails have been bare, but I kept Gondola on my toes. The Chanel will last pretty much indefinitely on toes; the only reason to ever change it is when growth shows, so I am just going to be lazy, plus I like it. It is one of the most sparkly polishes that I have: packed full of very fine mica flakes.

I am going to do a gold on my hands later. I ran my hand into a door yesterday and ripped off my right thumbnail, so I just filed all my nails down super short. I did a crepe job of shaping, so I'll stick to forgiving colors for a while.

I decided not to get any of the Zoyas because I really want the Chanel Riva baby blue polish that is being released on the 15th. It was on the Resort Collection runway and looked amazing. There is a rumor that it is going to be super expensive though (I hope not, they are already too expensive so if the rumored price hike is permanent, I will not be buying any other than 1 or 2 as holiday gifts, which would make me nail polish sad) and I would rather that one bottle than 4 or 5 others. But I think the color will look fabulous with greys and winter whites. So, I have been a good girl and have saved my movie rental and chocolate bar pennies so I can justify buying it.

Which brings me to a new poll question. I'll just ask it in this thread because everybody else will think we are crazy, but who else would give up CHOCOLATE for new NAIL POLISH?

Bastah: what is the teal color? I love that too. I bet that would be a great base for my gold glitter, Illusion d'Or.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 pm 

that looks cool Bastah, but man, glitter is so hard to get off!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Fee wrote:
That's nuts. They're $8.50 here usually but you can get them for six something a piece if you buy more than one in a lot of stores.

I don't know if you have a Maly's store near you, but they sell them for $4/bottle. You may have to be a licensed cosmetologist to get that price, but I'm not sure since sure my best friend's mom always gets whatever colors I want.

http://www.malys.com/

That's really pretty, bastah. What's the greenish teal color?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 am 

I can get them at cost, and would trade them for go max go candy bars.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

bastah wrote:
This is OPI's Sparkle-icious over a dark greeinsh teal. In the right light, it glitters like crazy and looks too sparkly to even be nail polish. I LOOOOOOOVE it. It's a limited edition color, I believe, so hurry up and get it. It was hard to capture, so in my pic it doesn't look too sparkly, but you can see all the sparkle on my thumb:

I love that look, bastah, how'd you get such a straight line for the glitter?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 pm 

I would totally take chocolate over nail polish. Now chocolate vs. lipstick...I gotta go with lipstick on that one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:22 pm 
Nailed to the V

Chanel has this beautiful white with gold undertones, what is it called? I'm dying to use it for a french manicure!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Una wrote:
Chanel has this beautiful white with gold undertones, what is it called? I'm dying to use it for a french manicure!

Is it the Surprise someone mentioned earlier?

The only whites I have are Triomphe ( sheer, creme, maybe slight yellow lean), Blanc Ceramic (subtle shimmer white, semi-sheer), Intermezzo ( opalescent shimmer white). I typically haven't bought the sheers or super pale colors, so I don't have them all. They used to have a duo for French manicure.

Triomphe is ancient, but I think ceramic and intermezzo may be still around. Intermezzo is pretty, and I wear it sometimes, but as a fan of the Chanel polishes, I have to admit the formula is a little bit crepe for $25. It goes on streaky so you either need perfect application or 3 coats. Usually they almost apply themselves and level out so nicely after 2 thin coats, but Intermezzo is a pain.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm 

I just bought this at Sephora

I'm officially never buying nail polish again because of the price, but the colors were too good to pass up and my previous nail polish collection consisted of five colors and I was getting bored.

The colors are A True Romantic, Techno Girl, Access 24/7, Ms. Can't Be Wrong, What A Broad, Just A Little Dangerous, Cab Fare, Caliente Coral, Special Request, High Maintenance, Sample Sale, I'm With Brad, Leaf Him At The Altar, Mermaid To Order, Opening Night, Already Famous, Dating The Drummer, Never Enough Shoes. I'm wearing Just a Litte Dangerous on my thumb and What a Broad on my middle finger because those were the two fingernails that chipped the previous paint off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Fee wrote:
I just bought this at Sephora

I'm officially never buying nail polish again because of the price, but the colors were too good to pass up and my previous nail polish collection consisted of five colors and I was getting bored.

The colors are A True Romantic, Techno Girl, Access 24/7, Ms. Can't Be Wrong, What A Broad, Just A Little Dangerous, Cab Fare, Caliente Coral, Special Request, High Maintenance, Sample Sale, I'm With Brad, Leaf Him At The Altar, Mermaid To Order, Opening Night, Already Famous, Dating The Drummer, Never Enough Shoes. I'm wearing Just a Litte Dangerous on my thumb and What a Broad on my middle finger because those were the two fingernails that chipped the previous paint off.

That looks like so much fun Fee! Nail polish party. Is what a broad the 2nd from right, top row? That looks like a great color. I love purple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 303  Next