| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Yesterday, Westley asked me for a baby sister. Today, he asked Rob for a baby sister. Rob told him, "Mommy and I are trying." So I guess that means...we're trying.

rabidchild wrote:
For those of you who miscarried, I'm wondering when your doctors said it was ok to try again, and how long after you conceived again (assuming you were trying to)? Did how far along you were or natural miscarriage v. d&c make a difference?

I miscarried naturally at 12 weeks (there was an amniotic sac measuring 8 weeks, and nothing else)...or so we thought. I had a couple of not-quite-normal periods, and then we discovered that I had a ball of placental tissue in one of the "horns" of my uterus; I have a bicornuate uterus. I had a D&C 3 months after the "original" miscarriage, and I've only had normal periods since. As far as when to conceive again: the OB who did my D&C said after three normal periods; my regular doctor, an ND and licensed midwife, said after one normal period; and the midwife who saw me during this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Westley said, "Whenever you feel ready."

I really thought I'd conceived this past cycle—there was lots of sex happening—but no. I'm rocking my Lunapads.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The egg white fluid might not come until the day after a couple of positive OP tests. Also, not everyone gets that super stretchy fluid, or maybe gets varying amounts.

I found the temps really hard. It's important, apparently, to take them at nearly the same time every day, and before you've been up and about. I often get up to pee sometime in the early morning and it just threw everything off. Before I started treating the PCO, that messed up temps too, and gave me positive OP tests every single time.

anna, have you recently been on hormonal bc? That can have an effect as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

refinnej wrote:
The egg white fluid might not come until the day after a couple of positive OP tests. Also, not everyone gets that super stretchy fluid, or maybe gets varying amounts.

I found the temps really hard. It's important, apparently, to take them at nearly the same time every day, and before you've been up and about. I often get up to pee sometime in the early morning and it just threw everything off. Before I started treating the PCO, that messed up temps too, and gave me positive OP tests every single time.

anna, have you recently been on hormonal bc? That can have an effect as well.

Thanks for the information. I think the temperatures have been wonky because they aren't being taken at exactly the same time everyday. I was under the impression they could be taken all within an hour of the normal time. But that said, I put them in Fertility Friend and that program somehow figured out when I ovulated which actually corresponded to the first day of the positive OPK! So I was happy and much more at ease once I saw that even though I couldn't see a pattern that there must be one there! Now just have to wait a few more days to see if anything exciting happened for us this month! I am very deficient in the patience category.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:31 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm still waiting to see when the heck I'll get my period again after my d&c. Could be tomorrow, could be in a month. I hate having no timeline whatsoever. I stopped temping for now because it was just frustrating with me. Talk about being impatient...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

sorry if this repeats, when I clicked "submit" I got a site unavailable error

I'm glad I'm not the only impatient person on here. Today marks day 44 for me. My temp has yet to go up, and only one positive opk way back on day 28. My opks have faded back to hardly visible lines. A week and a half until my doctor's appointment. I'm starting to think I spend too much time worrying about other people's children (I'm a stressed out special ed teacher) that my body is too stressed to conceive its own.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

This amused me.

Quote:
15. Be informed that you are SO CLOSE, they can see a dime-sized portion of baby's head.

16. Be super underwhelmed. Have seen babies' heads before. Much head left to go.

My husband gets home on Sunday and I had better ovulate next week, dammit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Wow, that was spot on with my labor on several points (the dime sized head comment after hours of pushing, toilet pushing! the under seven pound baby! The asking for drugs only to find out you're 9cm dilated, only in my case it wasn't pain meds but ambien I wanted, to "help me sleep through false labor." Ahhahah memories.

They forgot holding onto the doorknobs on either side of a door while squatting and pushing, but I guess that's a home birth thing ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm 
Semen Strong

Ahahahahahaha "Death is my gift"

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got my period!! I've never been so happy to get a period! But it means many good things like... Mr. RC and I can have sex again!! And I can start charting again! And hopefully we can conceive again! It's like a party in my keeper! haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Congrats RC!

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 pm 
Semen Strong

Good luck RC! Happy sexin'!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 pm 

rabidchild wrote:
I got my period!! I've never been so happy to get a period!

Yay! And also, I feel ya. That first normal period was like a hallelujah chorus of Lunapadded goodness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 am 

Congrats! It's nice to be getting back to "normal" :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:01 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

rabidchild wrote:
I got my period!! I've never been so happy to get a period! But it means many good things like... Mr. RC and I can have sex again!! And I can start charting again! And hopefully we can conceive again! It's like a party in my keeper! haha.

That is good news. :)

I think I have decided that now is the time to go off the pill. Odds of me getting preggers in the first month or two are pretty low anyway, and we won't start "trying" but I just have the hugest intuitive drive that now is the time to stop actively using contraception. I actively pay attention to my intuition. I'm just tired of my life not moving forwards due to work, and I'm also working around a lot of dying people at the moment, and not one of them even brings up their career, it is all about their spouses and family. It would be "ideal" to wait another year, but then there would be more reasons to wait - there is no perfect time. We are healthy, employed and in a good place. We have been together for 13 years, so we have been procrastinating for long enough.

I had this last year (when it would have been more inconvenient than now) and we went off the pill (straight into a 28 day cycle), and my GP tested me for immunities. I found that in spite of working around very sick people for more than 10 years, I do not have immunity to CMV or parvovirus (the only reason we can work out is that my innate immunity and handwashing skillz are fantastic, which will be no help if I am immunodeficient at any point) and I had lost my Rubella immunity (titre was still high enough when last tested 4 years beforehand) so I waited until we knew I wasn't pregnant, had a MMR booster shot and had to stop trying and wait another three months after the shot. I wasn't ready for how I would react - I just started crying when the GP told me I had to stop trying. Like I said, I work in a hospital so I REALLY need the immunities I can get. But I wanted that baby right then and there so badly. It has been such a tough year that I'm glad I wasn't pregnant for it, although it would have given me something else to focus on. I'm starting to feel ready to go there again. I even have a few onesies in the cupboard, from when they have them on sale on Threadless, and "Up The Duff" by Kaz Cooke is sitting in there as well, because I didn't want to look at it for a little while.

Actually, I'm glad I had to wait another year. I'm in a much stronger place now. But I want a baby, damnit!

My husband is seriously more into the idea than I am. He had his half-yearly review at his work (permanent position, thank God) and mentioned that his family situation might be changing in the next couple of years, and asked about the possibility of working from home part of the time, like several of the women in his firm do. The boss told him that this wouldn't be a problem. I can't believe that he broached the idea with his boss. I would have been terrified. He wants to be a part-time SAHD. I can't wait to have babies with this man. <3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:13 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

damn period stopped overnight, but it's pretty normal for me to not bleed overnight and I'm still crampy, so hopefully it wasn't just a fluky spotting day (with cramps?). My temp was EXACTLY right for the first half of my cycle this morning. Come on body!! Work!!

Good luck FlowersInYourHair! My midwife suggested 3 months off the pill before we tried. Her reasoning was that while you're on it, your uterus doesn't really build up a lining, so letting it build and shed a few times will make it much more amenable to pregnancy. (Which worked for us, cause we got pregnant the first month without condoms - and my miscarriage was an embryo problem, not a problem with my body)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:59 pm 

That is an interesting idea, rabidchild, thanks. :) Your endometrium can be thinner while on the OCP (it reduces your chance of endometrial cancer - bonus!), but it still builds up and sheds every month, hence the menstrual period and cramps, but it can take a little while to resume normal services after stopping the pill. So it is definitely time for us to stop the OCP, considering we would like to get pregnant some time in the next 12 months! My first post-pill cycle last time was 28 days, I'm curious to see how long it will be this time around. Not counting those two months last year, I have been on the OCP for 13 years!

I know people who got pregnant on the pill, got pregnant having missed one or two pills, or got pregnant having a one month "break" from it. I don't think I'm one of those people. I just have a gut feeling that it will take quite a few months.

I hope your period comes back again today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Took my hpt test a few minutes ago and its a positive! Shocked/excited. I need some sparkling cider in a champagne glass now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:45 pm 
Semen Strong

Congratulations!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:31 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yea annasrobbie!! Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 am 

Woot! More babies!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 am 

Yay! Congratulations!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:30 pm 

Congrats! So excited for you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yay! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 pm 

Okay, my body makes no sense. I have bizarro cervical mucous. It doesn't seem to go along with the "usual" pattern that Fertility Awareness resources describe. I like the idea of charting so much, but then I get frustrated when my charts don't look like examples in the book!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:49 pm 
And you never will.

Noelle wrote:
Okay, my body makes no sense. I have bizarro cervical mucous. It doesn't seem to go along with the "usual" pattern that Fertility Awareness resources describe. I like the idea of charting so much, but then I get frustrated when my charts don't look like examples in the book!

I've been having the exact same problem. It is SO frustrating, I finally just gave up on charting for a while because it was stressing me the fork out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next