| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vancouver--where should I go for bday eats??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I just read through the restaurants thread (still so many places I haven't been to!) and I need some input on where I should go for my birthday dinner. It's Nov 5, so I imagine all the vegan places will be empty cause you'll all be at Vegan Prom!

So far I'm thinking either:

Grub--never been, but it sounds amazing and I love that they have vegan dessert!
Calabash Bistro--again, never been, Canuckinscotland's review makes me need to go!
Wild Rice--hear mixed things, but Vijita is so keen on it and I trust her!
Nuba--so delicious, not too expensive, could dress up and not be out of place.

What I really want is for Radha to reopen, but I don't think I'll be getting that for my birthday.

What do you guys think? Am I missing somewhere amazing? Of those four, what's the most birthday-ish? (This is the first time I am having a proper birthday celebration in many years, so I want it to be fun and special!)

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post subject: Re: Vancouver--where should I go for bday eats??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I would say if you want to try Grub, call ahead to see what the vegan dinner/dessert of the day is first, cause they only have the one option! It will likely be awesome anyways, but just in case you have a particular aversion to anything. Other than that, I can only vouch for Nuba and Wild Rice, both great atmospheres and good food.

Post subject: Re: Vancouver--where should I go for bday eats??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I love all of your choices! Well I've never been to Calabash, but it does look kind of amazing. Oh, and I've never been to Grub, but fishelle says it's always the best food she has ever had and I trust her.

My last experience at Nuba was sadly not the greatest (I swear Nahib's Special used to be so much more delicious). You know I'm obsessed with Wild Rice...and it's such a lovely environment for a special occasion! Chutney Villa would be nice, too. If it were me, I'd consider Cafe Kathmandu, too.

Yay Dubs b-day!