All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week one is over!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 am 
Nailed to the V

How's it going?

Post subject: Re: Week one is over!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:20 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I feel guity. I subscribed to the bundle and I skip over anything that has an excerpt where you have to click through to read the whole blog, or really anything without a picture to draw me in. I'm a bad reader :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:22 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

xanthia wrote:
I feel guity. I subscribed to the bundle and I skip over anything that has an excerpt where you have to click through to read the whole blog, or really anything without a picture to draw me in. I'm a bad reader :(

Don't feel guilty. I subscribed to the 700+ blog feed, and tried to read all of them ... but I spent way too much time on it and had to scale back to about 150 blogs ... You're doing way better than I am.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 am 
Chip Strong

No it's not! The week started on Monday, and therefore ends on Sunday. I can still make my goal of 5 posts a week.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

xanthia wrote:

I don't feel at all bad about unsubscribing to those blogs. I know people like the blog hits, but really there are over 700 blogs in the bundle. I cannot go to every blog individually; hell, that's why I use a reader in the first place.

Even outside of Mofo, if I subscribe to a blog only to find out they excerpt everything and want me to click through, I delete it unless it is completely outstanding (and even then...). If I wanted to go to blogs individually, I'd just bookmark them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 am 
Married to the wolfman

I blogged 5 times in 5 days! YESSSSS! I knew doing a (mainly) picture blog this year would rule.

Huh, I wonder how my blog shows up in feeds? I have no idea.

So what do people do about MoFoing on the weekends? Take a break? Business as usual? One big weekend post at the end? I'm thinking maybe I'll do the last one of those this year... maybe.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:36 am 
Not NOT A Furry

coldandsleepy wrote:
I blogged 5 times in 5 days! YESSSSS! I knew doing a (mainly) picture blog this year would rule.

So what do people do about MoFoing on the weekends? Take a break? Business as usual? One big weekend post at the end? I'm thinking maybe I'll do the last one of those this year... maybe.

I don't know, I blog everyday. I generally have something to say, or eat ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:46 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

coldandsleepy wrote:

I just looked. Your posts show up in full on google reader. I believe the default is usually full posts, but people can change the setting so people click through.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:52 am 
Nailed to the V

I'm not blogging on weekends, or at least not planning that I will.

I initially subscribed to the bundle and felt so overwhelmed that I unsubscribed. Now I'm just going through the list at MoFo headquarters and reading a bunch from there. Last year I ended up reading tons over the winter and felt I enjoyed the blog posts spread out like that all the more. Kind of like savoring the end of a cup of tea.

Don't feel guilty about anything about mofo! It's all for fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:00 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I've been picking a few letters of the alphabet each day and reading all those blogs (F and V are intimidating letters!). I like seeing several posts by the same author in row to get a better idea of what the blog is about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

i feel like i shouldn't talk about it because i might jinx myself and not do as well as i've been doing.

also, i'm going to new york for 4 days right smack in the middle of mofo and i don't want to take my computer with me to blog (honestly, i don't think i'll have time), but i don't want to break my streak. guess i'll just have to make up for it with the most awesome nyc food posts ever when i get back.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:49 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I've been good about writing posts ahead of time and it saved me on Friday when I was slammed at work. I need to write tomorrow's, so maybe I should do that now that I'm on a school work break.

I've been keeping them pretty short, which is so helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:51 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I've been keeping up! I've also been loving all the writing this year. I too will be gone in the second half of the month so I'll probably just be posting pics of what I'm eating, so I'm try to work kinda hard for the two weeks that I'm here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think I'm doing good! This is my first Mofo and it's so much fun. I didn't really have any experience in writing a blog before so it's all new! So much fun though. I'll keep posting over the weekend, nothing is happening here so why not?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:12 pm 
Crazy bat lady

coldandsleepy wrote:

I have been LOVING your posts. Emperor is adorable! Oh, yeah, and your food looks great. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
Crazy bat lady

allularpunk wrote:
i feel like i shouldn't talk about it because i might jinx myself and not do as well as i've been doing.

also, i'm going to new york for 4 days right smack in the middle of mofo and i don't want to take my computer with me to blog (honestly, i don't think i'll have time), but i don't want to break my streak. guess i'll just have to make up for it with the most awesome nyc food posts ever when i get back.

I'm going to Orlando the week before Thanksgiving & am planning on blogging from my phone. Could you do that?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:16 pm 
Crazy bat lady

I've done all five days, and I've commented on nearly every blog I've read. I feel like a lot of others' posts put me to shame, but it's fun being part of something bigger than little ol' me!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So far I've blogged every day, and I'm enjoying reading everyone's blog posts, too!
Sometimes I feel that I'm missing something since I can only read so many blogs a day, but MoFo headquarters is really helpful, and so are several bloggers who have started linking to stuff they like. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It has been really fun reading everyones posts. It is so crazy how many blogs there are. I tried to do the reader but I find I don't enjoy reading blogs as much that way without the context so instead I have been picking at random from the blogroll on the veganmofo page and reading pretty much every one that someone posts about on twitter. And trying to keep up with the ones I regularly read!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I'm keeping up, kind of, I just have a much easier time at the begining of the week, (Mon, Tues, Wed,) because I work an untraditional work schedule, so the past few days I've had less time to cook and blog. I'm totally doing the mashed potato Iron Chef challenge tonight though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
Inflexitarian

i've been keeping up because i rather read about food than look for a job. i have my priorities.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:25 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I am blogging on the weekends too. 30 posts in 30 days.
I didn't subscribe to the blog feed. I'm just trying to add some new ones to my reader each day and keep up with more as the month goes on. And I do click through to read all the blogs because if I read it I am leaving a comment.

Most of the vegan blogs I used to read are no longer running so I am using mofo to find some new ones to keep up with. I like following through with blogs to see what people are doing. I can't do that and read 700+ so I am trying to manage on a smaller scale.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

We've kept up with blogging and sticking to our theme which is vegan on a budget [out of necessity, not due to lack of creativity]. I've been using the blog roll, starting from the tippy top, and going through as many blogs as I can each day and commenting. I figure I'll get through the roll at least a couple of times throughout the month that way I can make sure to read everyone's posts at least two times.

Oh I've also been encouraging others to check out the other MoFo blogs at the end of our posts as a friendly reminder to spread the love. Our first MoFo is turning out to be AWESOME.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I have my normal blog roll on my regular gmail account which has a few blogs participating in MoFo, which I keep up with. Then I have a separate gmail account that has just the MoFo blog roll, and when I have an hour or more to spare I'll go through as many as I can on there, commenting on many and adding ones I really like to my normal blog roll.

Also, I plan on blogging through this weekend but most likely not every weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:42 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Since it's so huge this year, I don't feel like I am getting the adequate amount of attention that I am accustomed to. :-)

I am also doing all 30 days. With my schedule, this should nearly kill me. Thank jebus I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off.