| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm 
A Bad Person

Darryl as the boss would never work out. He's too much of a straight. Half of the episodes center around a combination of Michael's neuroses and his position of power.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

That's also probably the reason they made Jim step down from his half of Regional Management. He's too bland for that role. I think Andy would be good for it, but they'll probably bring in someone new.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

brian wrote:
Darryl as the boss would never work out. He's too much of a straight. Half of the episodes center around a combination of Michael's neuroses and his position of power.

but also i feel like if Darryl is the boss, it would give room for the rest of the staffs' neuroses to shine. him playing off of them could be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:02 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Oh man, I wasn't able to watch on Thursday, so I just watched it today. That opening was the funniest one they've had in a long time! I was dying!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 pm 
Dildo Queen

i don't know, i feel like there are too many new characters, now and ever since jim and pam got together the show kind of went downhill.

and i don't know if it's because she's with jim and she has more confidence, but WHY is pam so nutty? i like quiet pam. i know she started "getting what she wanted" in like season 4 but she was still pretty quiet and stuff.

and dwight just isn't the same; he's not as...weird.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

semiautomatic wrote:
and i don't know if it's because she's with jim and she has more confidence, but WHY is pam so nutty? i like quiet pam. i know she started "getting what she wanted" in like season 4 but she was still pretty quiet and stuff.

Yeah, this is true. I was trying to think of a good word to describe the newer Pam, and "nutty" sums her up perfectly. That, or "spunky" (even though I really dislike that word). . . she was "spunky" sometimes before, but in a quiet, make-Olympic-medals-out-of-yogurt-lids kinda way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm 

I thought she did well in this past episode. Not necessarily with the guilting Jim part, but when you find out someone thinks you're too dorky to date - her reaction kind of made me "awww"

I thought Jim was more annoying with wanting to know why Danny didn't call her. Like he couldn't possibly fathom a reason someone would think she's less than perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Don't worry about Danny being around for too long, Timothy Olyphant has his own show on FX that starts back up in February. He really weirds me out when he's all shaved/not playing a dick drug dealer or a serial killer.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

am I the only one who heard that Kenny Powers (ahem the actor who plays him) is going to replace Steve Carell? maybe that was a joke, or maybe he was discussed as an option.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

The Halloween episodes are always pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I agree about the last couple of seasons being a bit...off. It kind of felt like earlier seasons the storyline focus was on everyone with episodes distributed pretty evenly. Now, it seems like the writers are sticking with the Jim/Pam storyline, Michael and Dwight with the rest of the cast being sprinkled in. There's definitely been a shift but I'll still continue to watch.

Don't get it twisted- I'm not saying it's bad! It kind of feels like the writers were at a standstill almost. Just my two cents.

Has anyone here watched the original Office UK series with Ricky Gervais? Absolutely brilliant.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

tonight's episode was boring.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:59 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

i hated tonights episode.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 am 
Dildo Queen

organarchy wrote:
Has anyone here watched the original Office UK series with Ricky Gervais? Absolutely brilliant.

yeah! i have the two seasons and that post-season 2 special. it's the best. it's so unbelievably awkward and the humour is way more depressing and dry. i like the british one because it doesn't feel like the actors are...acting. and ricky jervais...he is awesome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Wow really? I haven't watched The Office since Pam got knocked up. Guess I'll have to check out this Halloween episode.

Re: the British show- I didn't really like it. The manager guy was WAY too awkward for my liking. Reminded me too much of my boss at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I miss the good ole' jolly flirty days of season 2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Last night's episode was so hard to watch. Michael broke my heart so many times...like when the couple at the church says good morning to him, he gets this kind of shocked grimace on him face like "wow, they said that to me" and then goes around saying good morning and shaking hands with everyone. So uncomfy and sad!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:20 pm 

Horrible episode. Not even worth watching.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I feel like they're building up to Michael leaving and wanted to a throw out a Oh, he's leaving, psych, no he's not! card before he really does. It wasn't that funny, but it wasn't my least favorite episode either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I hate Michael so much! and yeah, last night's episode was not good. for the last 3 season I've been saying I should stop watching. Why haven't i? If michael leaves and they continue the show that will be really dumb. Didn't work for Scrubs! Won't work here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I hate Michael so much! and yeah, last night's episode was not good. for the last 3 season I've been saying I should stop watching. Why haven't i? If michael leaves and they continue the show that will be really dumb. Didn't work for Scrubs! Won't work here!

Why do you hate michael?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 pm 

because he's such a crasshole! everything he does is incredibly selfish. He only cares about himself. If ever acts like he cares about someone else it's only because he wants more friends or whatever. What's not to hate about him?

the only time on the show when I felt sorry for him was when he was with Jan who was a bigger crasshole than he is and that's when I started disliking the show. Michael is a terrible person and I didn't want to feel sorry for him! I mean, his character makes for a lot of good laughs on the show. Don't get me wrong. I love to hate him, but I think that's the point isn't it? He makes for good jokes and a funny show, but he's awful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oh yeah...

I actually don't dislike him, though. I just think he's a pitiful person. I'm never like ugh, I hate him!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 pm 

allychristine wrote:
oh yeah...

I actually don't dislike him, though. I just think he's a pitiful person. I'm never like ugh, I hate him!

yeah, usually he's just pathetic, but sometimes he does stuff that makes me hate him a lot! like everything with Pam's mom, and when he said he had set up that scholarship for those kids and when he asked that woman to marry him at the diwali celebration. he just does so much despicable stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
allychristine wrote:
oh yeah...

yeah, usually he's just pathetic, but sometimes he does stuff that makes me hate him a lot! like everything with Pam's mom, and when he said he had set up that scholarship for those kids and when he asked that woman to marry him at the diwali celebration. he just does so much despicable stuff!

That's why I love him! He's such a clueless oaf! I think he really does have a good heart...he's totally selfish for sure, but I think it's more because he's so hopelessly insecure that he overcompensates with false confidence. Such a pitiful (but, in my opinion, loveable) character.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next