| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has Anyone Been to Stanford Inn Mendocino/Ravens' Restaurant
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:43 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

This looks really nice, a vegan eco-lodge.

http://www.mendocino.com/?id=1118

Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Been to Stanford Inn Mendocino/Ravens' Restau
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:51 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

A good friend of mine was given an "escape" there and she said it was one of the most relaxing and delicious experiences of her life. I've heard nothing but amazing thing. I would love to go one day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I spent one night at the Stanford Inn a few years ago. We loved it. The rooms are so cozy and have wonderful, easy to use fireplaces. The indoor swimming pool, hot tub and sauna were really nice. Raven's dinner and brunch was delicious.

I've been dying to go back.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:21 am 
Lime and a Coconut

I've never stayed there but ate dinner in the restaurant and it was wonderful. I've always been meaning to go back, but I can't afford it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have stayed once and also been to dinner/brunch there several times - very wonderful food/accomodations, beautiful gardens to stroll in, an office dog! Win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I've only had breakfast and dinner a few times at the Ravens - never stayed in Standford. The Stanford looks really nice, but it is expensive.
The restaurant is really nice, but remember for breakfast/brunch they do serve egg dishes. It's easy enough since they say it on the menu, but when I went there I was a bit weirded out that they'd be vegan for dinner and serve eggs for breakfast.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

CNA wrote:
I've only had breakfast and dinner a few times at the Ravens - never stayed in Standford. The Stanford looks really nice, but it is expensive.
The restaurant is really nice, but remember for breakfast/brunch they do serve egg dishes. It's easy enough since they say it on the menu, but when I went there I was a bit weirded out that they'd be vegan for dinner and serve eggs for breakfast.

Their menu is actually entirely vegan now!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I'm hoping hubby will take me there for birthday/Xmas present.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I went to Raven's for dinner in May for my birthday and enjoyed it a lot. Food was fantastic, service was great, the grounds of the inn are beautiful. My boyfriend, who isn't vegan, said he liked the food there better than Millennium.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

also, dogs can stay in the rooms overnight there and they will bring you dog treats and stuff.

or, you can do what we did, which is stay at the Holiday Inn Express, which also allows dogs, but is much cheaper, and then bring your dog over to Ravens for brunch. Fun! We used to go to Mendo all the time to visit our god-daughters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 am 
So Totally Yiffy

WE just got back from there yesterday! It was great experience. The staff were very attentive and in the dining room they had a nutrition consultant to answer any questions about the menu.
Hubby had sunchoke soup, wild mushroom risotto, also the bread came with a nice mushroom pate. I had kale salad with wild mushroom ceviche(the kale was massaged to make it more tender--never heard of that method) and tamales with mushrooms and cashew creme and cilantro sauce, black beans, rice and beet salad/relish of some sort. I should mention they have a full bar-- nice selection of cocktails, liquors, beers, wine and non-alcoholic wines and drinks. I had a Manhattan, then with the meal I had some vegan red wine: Rivino Mendocino county Sangiovese 2009 vintage. For dessert we had the banana split with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice creams over a nut crust which had the bananas. That was over the top! It was good.
In the lobby they have a giftshop where they have wine and books and various gifts and a huge selection of vegan books!
Our hotel room was quite nice, with a fireplace, a porch, ample bathroom,microwave,fridge,TV(you can rent DVDs from them),CD player, couch, coffee table. They decorated all rooms for the season which was nice. The bed was extremely comfy with lots of pillows.
I must say the whole experience was worth every penny. I recommend everyone start saving now to be able to go there. I forgot to mention they have an indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna, full spa services like massage, facials, yoga and tai chi classes, nutrition classes and you can go on a 2 hour forest walk to learn about the native foods. We only stayed one night and did not have time to take advantage of these services. Also, they are very dog-friendly, they welcome all pets as long as you don't leave them alone in your room.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 am 
Saggy Butt

I was just here a couple weekends ago and agree with the previous post. Really fantastic place, best/fancy vegan food I've had next to millennium, best brunch I've had period. Everything about it was great, you can bring a pet, the room had a fireplace and there were delicious Fresh chocolate chip cookies waiting for you in your room when you check in. Everyone there was super nice- save up and check it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

damn you!! now I wanna go so bad! Too bad it's so pricey. Especially with two dogs, it would be almost $300/night. Oh well, maybe I'll go on a "honeymoon" one day. Or find a wealthy benefactor.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm staying here next weekend! I cannot wait, I've been dying to go since I moved here in May.

Any restaurants between Mendocino and San Francisco we should try on the drive up? We'll have dinner there of course, but don't want to miss anything fun on the way. I wish the Fairfax Diner would open, but it seems stalled. Thanks for any tips!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Alin, i live in central Mendo county and i'm not a local, but get to hit the coast a bit. I have found there are usually good vegan options at most of the restaurants, and there is a great little coop in town, were you can get almost anything you might need. For something that is not too outrageously priced, I like Frankies in Mendocino for lunch (i have a 3 yo, and tend to take out), they have pizza by the slice which they can do vegan and or gluten free and there are several other vegan entrees, i like their falafel. I also hear that mendocino cafe is good. To me, the whole town is a bit pricey, but it is precious, enjoy!

I've only lived here a year, and i haven't been south of mendo county (homebody) so i can't speak on were to stop most of the way, but there are some great beach towns in the county on 101. My fave place to stop is Elk, to eat there's a sweet little country store/deli, which is south of mendo, and for me the real attraction is my favorite public beach (if you check it out, its a little steep on the way down, not hard, just good to know ab). the deli person has happily made me a sammie that was vegan even though they didn't have an option the one day i didn't plan and pack- it was roasted veggies that day, and i think we've gotten my son vegan ice cream from the cooler. The store is surprisingly well stocked for its size. Elk is tiny, and if you pull into the parking lot for the park, the country store is across the way.