| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Mario is here.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I am a plumber :) if you need any advice on leaky taps or anything else lemmme know, although as i am in England,my callout charge to change a tap washer in Brooklyn may not be economically viable ;)

Post subject: Re: Super Mario is here.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:14 am 
Saggy Butt

Can cockroaches really crawl through your pipes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 am 

they can probably get into your waste pipes etc but wouldnt last very long because of the water,also the traps on your sink or bath have a water seal they they would drown in.and there is no way they could get into water pipes as they are sealed completley from your main stop tap,there is no where for them to get in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:33 am 
Saggy Butt

I'll sleep a little easier tonight. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 am 

orangeluna wrote:
I'll sleep a little easier tonight. Thanks.

Glad i could help,but beware of the pipe mites ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:52 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

In our bathroom sink, the water often comes out smelling sewer-y or sulphur-y. The water doesn't smell like this coming from any other faucet in the house. We've checked the drain and it is clean. Any ideas on what is making it smell bad?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

The pipes in my bathroom sink tend to drip randomly and then stop. Everything is all screwed in tight and nothing appears to be loose. Any ideas? Also the drain in my claw foot tub seems to clog but only when it's super cold out. In the summer the drain runs fine. As soon as it gets chilly I'm standing in like 6 inches of water when I take a shower. It eventually drains so it's not like it's really clogged but why does it only happen when it's super cold out and is there a solution?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm 

Tzippy wrote:
In our bathroom sink, the water often comes out smelling sewer-y or sulphur-y. The water doesn't smell like this coming from any other faucet in the house. We've checked the drain and it is clean. Any ideas on what is making it smell bad?

If the water smells funny it is usually because of a gravity water source for example,if your water is fed from a water storage tank without a lid and something has fell into it. which can happen in apartment blocks.in the UK at least only one tap has to be fed from a direct source ( from the underground main) and this is in the kitchen. if it is the actual plug that smells funny it could be down to hair in the sink collecting soap,or food,or loss of trap seal,this is when the water gets sucked from the trap leaving the pipework to leak air from the sewer straight into your bathroom. this is either down to string or hair in the trap or incorrect pipework.Hope that is some help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:05 pm 

micachica wrote:
The pipes in my bathroom sink tend to drip randomly and then stop. Everything is all screwed in tight and nothing appears to be loose. Any ideas? Also the drain in my claw foot tub seems to clog but only when it's super cold out. In the summer the drain runs fine. As soon as it gets chilly I'm standing in like 6 inches of water when I take a shower. It eventually drains so it's not like it's really clogged but why does it only happen when it's super cold out and is there a solution?

dripping pipework can be down to worn washers or incorrectly clipped pipe under the floors,as walking up and dpwn stairs can rattle the pipes and make them drip a little although that is quite rare and probably just down to needing new washers..
as for the bath ,if it blocks when it is icy it is probably down to a cold soilstack that is partially frozen, i had a lot of these last year where baths wouldnt empty at all,when it gets cold tip a hot kettle on your outside plastic soil pipe work ,this will usually fix it.