| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Runny nose, dripping down my throat while I sleep, which leads to sore throat. Yeah, it's coming.

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've got the forking plague. Silly immune system. The frosh plague is for freshmen! Stuffy nose, sinus conjestion, sore throat, swollen everything. Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Did you guys know that trying to ignore the flu doesn't make it go away? I started feeling sick yesterday but still went into work this morning and had to leave by lunch time. I napped for 3 hours and still feel like crepe.

I've noticed people are posting again about colds & flu, I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. <3

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 pm 
Impressive boner

I started getting a headache on Friday night after 2 pints of cheap chemical laden cider. I've felt rotten since - headache, neck ache, sore glands, high temperature on and off, tiredness, dizziness, stomach pains, gas. I have no idea whats going on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

sitting in class and feeling sick. I think I'm going home after...headache, achy back/neck, stuffy nose, really tired...ew.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I have missed 2 1/2 days of work with a horrible cold. I feel totally guilty and worried that my boss will be pissed, also, I haven't built up any sick time so I'm not getting paid. I'm not one of those people who bravely soldiers on when I'm sick, though. I want to lay on the couch and drink tea and take lots of naps, not sneeze and cough all over everyone at work.

My boyfriend brought this bug home from Occupy Portland but he just got some sniffles and a sore throat. I'm coughing up my lungs and running a low-grade fever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:41 pm 
Inflexitarian

I've got round two of the upper respiratory plague. I'm coughing up things that I'm sure were once alive, and may still be alive. When did I swallow a goopy swamp?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I scratched my cornea. And I have an eye infection. But I can't really complain because my husband has shingles. So, basically, I'm complaining that I can't complain. That is all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

My dad came here for a couple hours, gave me his cold, then went home to my mom. Apparently he's wayyyy sicker than I am, but I still feel gross. I'm cycling tea and soup and citrus to fight this thing. I don't get sick very often but my immune system is weird, so whenever I get sick or stressed, my skin gets extra itchy. I'm not even sneezing or coughing that hard (and hopefully it will stay that way!) but I'm itchy and snotty and exhausted and I can't sing :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:41 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

4 more days until winter vacation. I've managed to avoid everything being passed around my elementary school...lice, whooping cough, stomach flu, pink eye, sinus infections, but now woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. It's still the stage that it might just get better, or it might develop into something bad.

Oh just an FYI if you are school aged, or your kids are and they are diagnosed with whooping cough (pertussis) don't lie to the school. Doctors have to report it to the health department and the health department has to notify the schools. Whooping cough=no school until on antibiotics for 5 days. We had to send several kids home this week because their parents lied saying the kids had colds or allergies or something, and the health department called to make sure the highly contagious kids were staying home.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

There's a point where you start to wonder, how has my body been holding all of this nasty mucus?! I wasn't supposed to get sick!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:03 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

day 3 of sore throat and i thought i was all better and then i went straight to hell. last night i had a cough and an endlessly runny nose and i woke up at 1am with all of that and the sore throat and my stomach was bloated and i hurt a lot. now i have the hacking tickly cough.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I feel awful today. I felt sick yesterday and then stupidly went out drinking last night. So now I have whatever I was getting yesterday and a bit of a hangover. I'd go home, but I'm not sure that riding the subway again is a good idea so I'm sipping water and trying to eat a little bit at work. I guess I'm taking it easy at home tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ugggggghhhh

Fever... Then more fever... Then more fever. I can't stay asleep at night. Blah.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am 
Dead by dawn

I have a cold. I haven't been sick in over three years. It's not like I thought it would never happen again, but, but... it's not faaaaaaair. Couldn't sleep for the mouth breathing. This is all biker boy's fault.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've been sick more this year than in the prior 4 years combined. why?????

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:25 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My throat is starting to feel funny and I'm hoping I didn't catch the bug that's been going around my office, but I probably have. I can't be sick--it's my friend's birthday tomorrow and I promised to bake her a cake! Plus, being pregnant and sick is just an awful combination.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I felt travel-sick on the bus home today and three hours after I got off, I'm still not totally better. This is silly. I've tried chewing slices of root ginger but I wish I had some crystallised ginger I could eat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I've been outrunning a cold since a day or two before the Magician was born... so for about two months now. I'll start to get a sore throat and feel that tired achy about to get a cold feeling... then it'll pass.

It finally caught me yesterday and is taking full hold of me today. I woke up with a fever at 3 a.m. and alternated shivering and burning for about 3 hours before it broke. Today I am just full of snot, coughing, rasping, and feeling like crepe. Whee.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Ah, my nose is stuffy and I just started coughing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 pm 
WELFARIST!

I've got a raging cold and my voice is completely gone and has been for a few days. Everyone keeps asking me what's wrong and I have to stage whisper my interminable sob story of travel, chaos, exhaustion and blah-blah-blah. I spent an eight hour flight wedged (thanks, Air Transat) next to a miserable elderly man who complained about me to his friend, saying I was worse than being seated next to a kid because, hey, I accidentally flung my seatbelt buckle against his elbow because I thought I was tightening it but instead I was releasing it when I first sat down (and I whisper-apologized for that sincerely--twice!). Then, when I startled awake later in the flight, I accidentally kicked him in the ankle and not even hard--like I brushed his foot with mine. Of course I apologized sincerely again for that but he didn't say a word, just burned me with his imperial glare, turned away for a few seconds then turned back and stared daggers at me AGAIN and for LONGER in case I didn't catch it the first time. I was dying to rip him a new one and tell him how rude and unsympathetic HE is but I have no voice and he's nearly deaf because he kept demanding the stewardesses repeat everything and had no courtesy or manners himself toward them and HE elbowed ME in the head when HE got up to use the toilet and I didn't react or say a word or throw a bad look his way because I understand that hey, shiitake like that happens when folks are packed like sardines in economy seats, you miserable asswad. He also complained to his friend because I have a cold so spent the rest of the flight trying to stay perfectly still without blowing my nose or coughing because every time I so much as twitched, he glared at me like he wished I was dead. My nose is stuffed, I can't stop coughing, I've got a headache, I'm tired but can't sleep, my right ear won't unpop and it's driving me nuts, my kitties are happy to be home, but also whining and unsettled, I have no food and am too sick to prepare anything or go shopping but am HUNGRY. Wah...wah...wah...FML.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 am 

Sneezing, endless asthmatic hacking cough, whyyyeeeeee. I don't even know what this is. Allergies? WHO KNOWS. It's been hanging on for a week, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 am 

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I waited too long before having lunch and my stomach did its special thing and the sip of fruit juice mixed with hot water, which I thought would help it get back to normal so I can carefully eat some lunch, made it really hurt.

I hope it sorts itself out because my boyfriend will be returning my bike in about 35 minutes and I want to be able to walk properly. Also I'd hoped to eat, tidy my room, wash dishes and maybe make cookies this afternoon. Please, tummy, stop hurting, I'm sorry. If you do I promise I'll feed you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm twenty flipping four, too forking old to be getting ear infections all the time. what the fizzle is wrong with my ears?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I'm 58 and just had one 2 weeks ago. Had 'em so bad since infancy I'm partially deaf from all the scar tissue and have to wear hearing aids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next