| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Yoga DVDs - your faves?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I have a ton of yoga DVDs that I love, especially Yoga for Surfers. However, just to break things up a little, Yoga for Indie Rockers *eyeroll* is actually pretty good and has different music tracks you can choose if you're not so into the whole typical yoga music thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

If you get past the chanting, which I tend to ignore, I really love these guys: http://www.raviana.com/. The one for weight loss and the Beginners and Beyond DVDs are great.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 am 
WELFARIST!

alice1drland wrote:
If you get past the chanting, which I tend to ignore, I really love these guys: http://www.raviana.com/. The one for weight loss and the Beginners and Beyond DVDs are great.

I met Ravi Singh at the Toronto Yoga Convention several years ago. Nice, soft spoken guy. Didn't try to go all salesy on me, he said if I was only going to buy one DVD, he suggested this all-around one he was selling, but I bought all three he was selling at the time. I see his repertoire has expanded! The DVDs I have of his are pretty good and I was just at their website recently and now I want a few of his newer ones for Christmas. Especially the cardio sort of ones since it's harder to run outside in the winter and Maybe I can do that in place of the treadmill here and there.

I really like the Kundalini style, which is the kind he teaches, chanting, breath work, meditation and all. I've been taking a class Wednesday nights lately with a group and it's been awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:44 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I did a Ravi workout the other day, it was kinda odd but uplifting!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:27 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

seitanicverses wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

I met Ravi Singh at the Toronto Yoga Convention several years ago. Nice, soft spoken guy. Didn't try to go all salesy on me, he said if I was only going to buy one DVD, he suggested this all-around one he was selling, but I bought all three he was selling at the time. I see his repertoire has expanded! The DVDs I have of his are pretty good and I was just at their website recently and now I want a few of his newer ones for Christmas. Especially the cardio sort of ones since it's harder to run outside in the winter and Maybe I can do that in place of the treadmill here and there.

I really like the Kundalini style, which is the kind he teaches, chanting, breath work, meditation and all. I've been taking a class Wednesday nights lately with a group and it's been awesome.

Cool! And yeah, I have one of the newer cardio ones. I think it was the "For Energy and Super Radiance" one. Seriously, if you want cardio, go for a run. Nothing about that DVD was cardio-like for me, or even came remotely close to running. That aside, though, I really like some of their DVDs!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I did the Crunch Yoga By Candlelight (streamed from the PS3), really nice & relaxing!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:41 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I love the idea of yoga DVDs but I really like going to yoga class... and for the price of yoga blocks here (which I totally can't find any under 15$ in a store, I can just get beautiful wooden ones from my yoga studio for 16$)

... what I'm going to end up doing is get one of my friends to voice record my favourite positions and some of the reminders that my teacher has and put that on rather than buying another DVD.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:02 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I really like the Bob Harper yoga dvd. It's not relaxing by any means, but I always feel fantastic after I finish it, though I've only had it about a week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Does your public library have dvds?

I'm in the Chicago area and all our libraries are linked, so there were actually quite a few good ones that I could check out for free. I ended up buying the Rodney Yee one for Athletes since it was my favorite.

Also if you have cable, most have free on-demand videos in an exercise channel. I know I still have some saved on my AT&T dvr that I haven't done in awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I do a lot of workouts on demand actually!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm 
Dildo Queen

i finally used my bryan kest dvd last night - the "tone" workout - so awesome. man, have i lost some of my flexibility. but if i keep up with the yoga every other night i'll be flexible as fork in no time.