| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grimm
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I am willing to give the show more chances, but I'm a bit disappointed at this point. Some of the writing is really stupid, and the writers have utterly failed to make me care about the main characters. I still love the bludbodt (sp?), but he's by far the most likeable and engaging character, and he's only got about 5 minutes of screen time per episode. I feel like all the elements of a great show are there, but the writing is paced wrong and just kind of deficient. I need to have more backstory on what the Grimms are and all that, and I need to see something that makes me care about the lead.

Also, the police work in that latest episode was insane. Laughably insane. "What's the big deal? We have probable cause" MY asparagus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:26 pm 
Chard Martyr

I think I only like this show because it is horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

First episode to lose my interest....save the bar scene with the Big Bad Wolf. Swoon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

hoveringdog™ wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
No actual Portlander waits in that line to get an entire box of doughnuts for two people to eat! I mean no Portlander really waits in that line anyway. But also how many doughnuts do the two of them need? They get stale fast! Therefore I'm over Grimm.

A dozen donuts for two people is totally reasonable. A dozen donuts for just one person, also totally reasonable.

I haven't had donuts since my ex-neighbor and ex-friend brought me some from mighty-o when she flew home to Seattle for a few days. That was . . . uhmm . . . 2 1/2 years ago. In any case, if presented with a dozen donuts, I just might eat them all within 12 or so hours.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:44 pm 

also, i like it. it does have potential, so, like hdog says, it's doomed.

and yeah, the fiancee is totally going the way of sam's girlfriend on supernatural.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:03 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Thessaly wrote:
Mars wrote:
Also, I kind of like the show. But I also kind of like Babylon 5, so I'm not too picky when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy.

What are you trying to say about Babylon 5!? Liking that show is not an indication of bad taste!

Totally agree...Babylon 5 is great! I just wish I could afford the DVDs because I didn't record any when they were on:(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Whovian wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
Mars wrote:
Also, I kind of like the show. But I also kind of like Babylon 5, so I'm not too picky when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy.

What are you trying to say about Babylon 5!? Liking that show is not an indication of bad taste!

Totally agree...Babylon 5 is great! I just wish I could afford the DVDs because I didn't record any when they were on:(

They were streaming on netflix for a while, but they seemed to take them down right around when Star Trek went up. I was sad they took them off!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Renewed for a full season!!!!! http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Grimm-F ... 40031.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

yay! I'd like to think that this should could get properly good with more time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:07 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Not only picked up, but also moving to Thursdays - which could mean either far more ratings success than what paltry Friday nights usually get, or, doing worse ratings because it was only doing good relative to paltry Friday nights.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am 

HURRAY!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:00 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yay! Monroe is going to steal season two as well.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So glad it is renewed! I'm gonna stick with it until the bitter end. I liked the Bluebeard ep, though I completely agree that the police work was ridic! Also, I totally hate his fiancee and hope she dies off soon. I kinda like the dude's partner, but the main guy is soooo boring. He just always has this vacant look in his eyes.

Plus, all the computer graphics annoy me. I wish they would go more old school with it, like use a makeup team or something.

But I did like this episode a lot, especially that end bit. Creepy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yes! The effects are super annoying. As are the illustrations in the Grimm book thing. They look like something I would have drawn for a school project in like 7th grade. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does!

I want this show to get better. It has the potential to be really good, but it's not quite coming together for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:04 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I feel like I have no idea what is going on when I am watching this show. Maybe that's because I keep falling asleep. It seems like it has potential though. I just keep wanting it to be Buffy and it is not.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:32 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I really enjoyed the last two episodes, but I think that had a lot to do with more Monroe onscreen. I also think the main dude is getting more of a personality, though not enough because I still can't remember his name.

The three little pigs revenge thing was great.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:54 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I like the show. If it fails and Whitney succeeds I will be sad and angry.
Does anyone know if all the creatures he can see know if he's a Grimm right away?
Sometimes it seems like they know right from the start, and others act oblivious for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:21 am 
Smuggling Raisins

is anyone else bothered by how they aren't really drawing from too many grimm fairytales? hardly any. for some reason, that kinda irritates me. i mean, they call the show grimm, and seemed to have pushed how much they are using the grimm fairytales (at least, that was the impression i got in all the promotional stuff leading up to the pilot).. and then they don't use the grimm stories. i love fairytales, and think it's a great idea to draw from them, but if you're gonna call the show "grimm"...

(ETA: i know that the grimm brothers were not originators of many of the stories that appeared in their books, but there are still many grimm stories that are well known as grimm that they could use...)

i love the idea and concept of the show, but i've been really disappointed in the execution (i agree with JP and everyone who says the lead guy is awful). ah well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:42 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

icy wrote:
is anyone else bothered by how they aren't really drawing from too many grimm fairytales? hardly any. for some reason, that kinda irritates me. i mean, they call the show grimm, and seemed to have pushed how much they are using the grimm fairytales (at least, that was the impression i got in all the promotional stuff leading up to the pilot).. and then they don't use the grimm stories. i love fairytales, and think it's a great idea to draw from them, but if you're gonna call the show "grimm"...

(ETA: i know that the grimm brothers were not originators of many of the stories that appeared in their books, but there are still many grimm stories that are well known as grimm that they could use...)

i love the idea and concept of the show, but i've been really disappointed in the execution (i agree with JP and everyone who says the lead guy is awful). ah well.

Which ones haven't been drawn from Grimm stories? I've never read all the tales, but I thought they did use them to inspire each episode.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm 

I love this show and I think the way it's filmed is just gorgeous. But, I too know Monroe's name and can't remember the main character's (but he is pretty adorable).

What's the name of the chick I always think is Kelly Preston but it isn't? Or is it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i think the lead guy's name is burkhardt, but i don't know what his first name is. people don't say each other's names a lot on this show. i had totally forgotten the girlfriend's name until the random puppy-mama said "thanks juliet."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I know the partner's name is Hank. IMDB tells me the lead guy is Nick. Haha.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Which ones haven't been drawn from Grimm stories? I've never read all the tales, but I thought they did use them to inspire each episode.

the bears episode is one - goldilocks and the three bears is not a grimm story (it's an old story, but i believe first "written" by a british poet.) the story with the goat guy, they say they based on the tale of bluebeard, also not a grimm story (it's an old french folktale.) the pied piper is kind of a grimm story, i suppose, though many authors wrote their own versions of the folktale.

those are the episodes i've seen, but if the three wolves is supposed to be a take on "the three little pigs and the big bad wolf", that's also not a grimm fairytale.

so, only two episodes so far (pilot - little red), and the bee one (the queen bee) have really been directly from typically known grimm stories.

i do really love the concept of drawing from folk/fairytales. just bein' a picky old lady about the whole "grimm" thing. not sure what would have been a better title, or a better name for the "grimms" in the show, that would have been less specific and more encompassing of any old story... but then you wouldn't have the double meaning (maybe triple meaning?) of the title "grimm" which seems to be important to underscore the "darker" aspects of the whole thing..

i'm being too literal. :p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 am 
Ninja Master

We've had 3 episodes air over here and I can't decide if I like it or not yet.

The lead guy is not really charismatic enough to carry the show I don't think. Maybe it will improve, I'll give it a few more eps.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 pm 

i love it! hang tight. eventually you'll even remember his name.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next