| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

GraciaKai wrote:
How are you guys dealing with Thanksgiving? I just planned my meal and plugged it all into WW. I was over my entire days points and that is just for dinner itself! Ahhhhhh!

I am going to make Chickpea cutlets, mashed potatoes, green bean and mushroom casserole, mushroom gravy, and pumpkin cheesecake with pecan crunch topping. All Isa's recipes but I added some extras to my mashed potatoes like garlic powder and earth balance. I have 2 servings of the chickpea cutlets and 2 servings of gravy accounted for, but everything else is just 1 serving. I might need to skip the pumpkin cheesecake :o(

Sounds delicious! Could you lighten up the recipes any or are they already the low fat version? You could always prioritize; if the cheesecake is more important to you, steamed green beans would be less points than a casserole most likely, or skip the second serving of chickpea cutlets.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My solution is to skip town on Thanksgiving and go to Disneyland. I'm bringing snacks (fruit and single servings of nuts), walking a bunch of course and limiting myself to half the bread bowl when I get vegan gumbo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm wondering if I can bake the chickpea cutlets instead of frying them in oil? I'm sure that would help a lot. My issue is that this meal is feeding my husband too, and I can't skimp on his Thanksgiving meal. So I was trying to find semi healthy recipes that he wouldn't mind eating too. I usually make stuffing but decided that since the chickpea cutlets have sage and thyme in them they can sub for my stuffing flavor craving.

Just gonna eat a super light breakfast and workout out a ton that week!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GraciaKai wrote:
I'm wondering if I can bake the chickpea cutlets instead of frying them in oil? I'm sure that would help a lot. My issue is that this meal is feeding my husband too, and I can't skimp on his Thanksgiving meal. So I was trying to find semi healthy recipes that he wouldn't mind eating too. I usually make stuffing but decided that since the chickpea cutlets have sage and thyme in them they can sub for my stuffing flavor craving.

I've baked the cutlets loads of time and they always turn out really well. I actually prefer them that way.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lobsteriffic wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:

I've baked the cutlets loads of time and they always turn out really well. I actually prefer them that way.

Ooooh goodie! Like 350 for 30 minutes?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

the specifics for baking are at the end of the recipe

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

They are?! I must have totally missed that. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:00 am 

sure :) they're yummy and it's easier than frying, so win win!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Arrrgh I was so hungry today! I used up all of my daily points by 3pm! Oh well, I guess that's what the weekly points are for.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I am on fire lately. I have a trip coming up with a friend and she's really in shape and into hiking. I don't want to be panting uncontrollably 30 yards behind her, so I've been really motivated lately. I went out do dinner at Three Brothers, went crazy eating everything, and then felt totally guilty about it and didn't touch the leftovers at all. I made my roommates eat the super amazing pizza even though I really wanted it. And I've been going to the gym almost every day before work either doing the elliptical or treadmill. I lost 3 lbs two weeks ago and 5.4 lbs last week! Now I'm only 1 itty bitty pound away from 40 and I already promised my leader I'd get there next Sunday, so that's helping to keep me on track too!

appifanie wrote:
Waaaa I totally miss it but we don't have the fundage to spare right now - I'm trying to look at old points (I recorded a lot of them in my food journal) but it doesn't really work the same.

You can use my account to look up points. I'll PM you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I decided to give up my morning smoothie because when I added it in as a recipe it was 13 points! Non recipe version was 8 points.

Joyfulgirl, you have some awesome motivation going on there!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Super hungry again today! I'm finding it's really the day AFTER an intense workout that I am ravenous. The day of I'm not that hungry at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lobsteriffic wrote:
Super hungry again today! I'm finding it's really the day AFTER an intense workout that I am ravenous. The day of I'm not that hungry at all.

What are you eating before & after your workout? I would think something high in protein and fiber would help fill you up. Try eating a handful of almonds or walnuts before your workout. Drink lots of water, and then after have a protein shake or smoothie. Or a tofu scramble with whole wheat toast!

But that is strange, I am the complete opposite! I have no appetite after I workout and my off days all I want to do is eat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh hey, I have another question: do you guys use your weekly points? I used about half of them today. And I kind of thought that was okay, but then I was poking around on the WW forums out of boredom, and a bunch of folks were talking about how the weekly points were a bad idea and you won't lose weight if you use them, blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:37 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Since I am just starting out there have been a few days where I went over my daily points and pulled from my weekly. But I don't try to use them or count on the fact that they are there. I also don't plan on trading in my activity points either. The way I see it, if you eat your activity points then you just cancelled out your exercising and you won't lose weight. I could be wrong, but that is just my thinking. The weekly points seem like they are there to catch you. It's realistic that some days you will eat more than others, or you will have a meal out or a celebration meal and so you can pull from the weekly points if you need to. But on a normal basis it's probably not a good idea to even think about them being there to use.

But, like I said I am new to this, so please someone tell me if I am totally missing the mark.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Okay thanks, that seemed to be the gist of the WW forums, only use them if there is something big like a meal out or a holiday or something. Oops. Oh well, trying not to beat myself up too much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lobsteriffic wrote:
Okay thanks, that seemed to be the gist of the WW forums, only use them if there is something big like a meal out or a holiday or something. Oops. Oh well, trying not to beat myself up too much.

Dont beat yourself up at all! Just brush it off and keep going. Just think, now that you wont be trying to use them you should start losing more!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Keepin' It Seal

lobsteriffic wrote:

I use at least half of them every week and I'm still losing fine. Some weeks I'll use all of them other weeks I use only a few. It's different for everyone, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

thanks you guys!

I just started my period this morning so now I'm feeling all bloated and gross. Not going to use it as an excuse to eat junk and be lazy though!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:14 pm 

thanks joyful!!!

lobster - whenever i use(d) weekly points, i wouldn't lose, so i generally tried to forget them, but appreciated them when i was starving.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

joyfulgirl wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:

I use at least half of them every week and I'm still losing fine. Some weeks I'll use all of them other weeks I use only a few. It's different for everyone, I guess.

I've used them up most weeks and even gone into exchanging fitness points once. I'm still losing weight. Maybe not as fast as I would without using them, but it doesn't seem to be a hinderance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good to know! Honestly I think those WW forums are not a healthy place to hang around...lots of folks on there talking about how they are scared to eat fruit and what-not. I'd be lost without my fruit!

I went out for drinks tonight and had 1 drink over the span of quite a few hours and still managed to have a good time. There was lots of yummy smelling food on the table, but I wasn't really hungry and just thought "hey, I don't really want that."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 pm 

lobsteriffic wrote:
I think those WW forums are not a healthy place to hang around...lots of folks on there talking about how they are scared to eat fruit and what-not. I'd be lost without my fruit!

agreed! moderation is key though, at least for me - if i'm doing great AND eating tons of fruit, i don't lose. you have to see what your body can do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This morning I had my weigh-in. I ended up having a really good week, only downside is that now I'm down to 29 points instead of 30, but yay!

I'm curious what the WW plan changes are that are being announced 12/4.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm a little scared to weigh-in on Sunday. I have not been very dedicated this week, though I have worked out more than usual to try and offset any gain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next