| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Last wednesday one of our cats positioned himself on the top step, where he knows he isn't allowed, since he can't come in the basement. My boyfriend got out of bed in the night and went upstairs to use the bathroom or something, and tried to come back down to bed with no lights on. Ended up tripping on the cat, who is black and cannot be seen in the dark, and breaking an arm bone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Pluto decided to make an obstacle course out of our bedroom last night around 11pm. Which means we were asleep for about 20 minutes before this started! He wound up behind our headboard and was swiping at us between the slats. Then he proceeded to jump in and out of the clothes hampers for half an hour.

BAD KITTY!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:59 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Everynight at about 2am my cats decide to use the house as a racetrack and run round it at top speed,stopping occasionally to claw the life out of the settee and carpets,and if i am really lucky they will jump on my face at 3am and run off again whilst i blindly flail my arms around making hissing noises.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Chris F wrote:
Everynight at about 2am my cats decide to use the house as a racetrack and run round it at top speed,stopping occasionally to claw the life out of the settee and carpets,and if i am really lucky they will jump on my face at 3am and run off again whilst i blindly flail my arms around making hissing noises.

That's 4am to 7am in my house! Only the kitten is involved though, while our older cat is in bed sleeping or looking at the kitten like "I'm going to kill you if you come anywhere near me!" It's good times.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I think that kitties just love boobs in general. Nubb seems to think it's pretty awesome to try to swat at my nips when I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Ouchie! Bad kitty!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:41 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Apparently, my cat likes falafels. She kept trying to steal mine. I had to scarf it down because it was like constant attack. Geeze, kitty, eat your own food!

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:16 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Transgressions from the last 24 hours:

Orson JUST broke one of my roommate's wine glasses. Then he pretended like he was the victim while I cleaned up all the glass. One of his paws got soaked from the incident and he has been grooming for a good twenty minutes.

He also destroyed a bag of trash produced from cleaning my bedroom yesterday. There was catnip in the bag, so that's partially my fault...

BUT, catnip was in the trash bag because I thought that the top drawer of my dresser would be a good hiding spot for a bag of loose catnip. He can climb up there now and got into that drawer somehow. Catnip was alllllll over my makeup and toiletries. I spent the evening last night cleaning out that drawer and reorganizing the contents while he did his part to hamper my progress in order to play with the catnip.

After cleaning the bedroom, reorganizing my dresser, putting away laundry, doing the dishes, making dinner, and cleaning the kitchen I pour myself a glass of lemongrass lemonade to enjoy while I relax in bed. NOPE! Kitty swoops in a knocks the whole sticky glass onto my nightstand and everything on it. Then he tries to help me clean by licking it up. I don't need your help!!

This morning I was trying to sleep in and he started bebopping around the room, meowing at the top of his little kitty lungs, batting my toes, and biting my face because clearly I should not be sleeping at the ungodly hour of 7am. I get up to feed him but he's got plenty of food. And water, and clean litter, and toys all over the place. As soon I he notices that I'm awake he calms down and curls up on the bed... to sleep.

He is lucky that my love for him is unconditional because he is definitely the most high maintenance kitty I've ever had. A mother's love is blind and I'm still convinced he'll mature into a well-behaved adult cat. I'm also considering a pheromone collar.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:30 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh veganna. I have 4 cats and 1 is much, much higher maintenance than the others. I know how it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

About a week ago, Lucas decided that the only acceptable toys were the kind he could dig out of the bathroom or bedroom trash cans. He likes to play fetch, so he's been bringing me tissues, dryer sheets, toilet paper roll cores, and - his personal favorite - feminine hygiene product wrappers. It seems he hid some of his toys, because even though the trash is now emptied, I'm still being given gifts to play with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:39 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Neither of my cats have adjusted to daylight savings time yet. I'm pretty sure it was invented just to torture kitty parents.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Kaylee commented on my being stressed out all week by chewing through my keyboard cable while I was at work.
Yay. Now she's sitting in front of me, looking totally cute with her little baby face and staring at me a little cross-eyed.
*sigh* I could never ever be mad at her. okay, maybe for a minute. But not for longer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Banana may LOOK innocent here, but I took the picture because moments before he was sitting there licking the clementines.

This was a couple days ago, and I just noticed that one of the clementines in the bowl has all this weird divots on it, like something was being poked into it... I'm ashamed it took me a good twenty seconds of staring at it until I realized apparently Banana has been trying to EAT the clementines. What cat likes citrus??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:20 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Bo took a bit of my Mom's apple pie while she had her back turned for a second to grab her tea. He was proud of himself and utterly unapologetic.

The other night, Hannah grabbed a roll of my plate. Normally, if I grab something one of the dogs aren't supposed to have to get it from them they let it go. Hannah bit down harder and tried to run off with the whole roll. Bad!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Kaylee, who recently gnawed through my keyboard cable, now has killed my mouse too.
I'll have to transfer the whole computer corner into my bedroom - which already looks like a cramped storage space of some sort. I can hardly move in there. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:22 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Phoenix, maybe need some bitter apple. Kaylee has learned that there are no immediate consequences to cable chewing, which can be dangerous for her in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 pm 
Naked Under Apron

You know, I'd really like to enjoy a meal with out Crookshanks' face in my plate. Apparently she likes spaghetti and tofurky sausage. Nevermind the fancy cat food I've been spending a fortune on. And PLEASE don't walk across my keyboard when I am typing.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:11 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

quagga, I just can't be home 24 hours! I showed her the cable though and scolded her (I hope she got what it was all about, or else she sat sulking under the sofa for nothing afterwards). I hope everything will be fine until my birthday party this Friday, afterwards I'll think up a solution. I have too much to do right now, and I wish I could just take a week or two off and disappear (and finish some papers).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Right. The bitter apple is a spray solution that you can buy that will make the cables taste bad for when you're not there. Scolding her will do no good, I daresay. It's too late after the act, and she'll just take it as a weird type of attention.

You can also try a homemade hot pepper solution/oil or anything that will taste/smell bad to her.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:39 am 
Naked Under Apron

I think I need to start using the bitter apple spray. My kitty has learned to jump on counters and knock things off.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

AutumnLeaves wrote:
I think I need to start using the bitter apple spray. My kitty has learned to jump on counters and knock things off.

For that, bitter apple won't work very well, unless your kitty is chewing on something on your counter. What you might want to look into is a motion-activated can of air or maybe an air horn. This thing will react and scare your kitty off the counter every time, even when you're not there. That "even when you're not there" part is important. And the "every time" part, too. :)

I've lived with a lotta bad kitties...gotta lotta experience...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

We put bitter apple spray on some plants our cats were chewing up, and they just ate them more! Then again, i do have a wasabi eating cat.

My cat pounced on me from a long distance while i was lying in bed. She scratched my arm really bad, with claws from multiple paws. She got me pretty good. I have at least 5 claw marks from this attack, each several inches long!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:57 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Orson has been very well behaved recently, apart from picking at the only chair of value in the apartment.
This morning, Orson walked right up to me like a sweet little kitty and proceeded to sneeze right in my face.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm 
Naked Under Apron

CS's new favorite hobbies: Running around UNDER the living room rug, and attacking the mini blinds! I need to buy that automatic spray thing! I don't care much about the rug, but the blinds offer many ways for CS to hurt herself. Oh, and I can't open the refrigerator anymore without her jumping inside it.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Molly has started peeing in the bathroom sink.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vegetalion wrote:
Molly has started peeing in the bathroom sink.

You should count yourself lucky it's the sink. A friend of mine once had a kitty that used to pee in her bed. While she was sleeping in it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next