| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I've really missed Julia Stiles's dancing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am 
ol' garly cooch

fatcat wrote:
Or EJO could come out dressed like his character on Battlestar Galactica (which I've been sucked into watching now).

I thought this too! I'm not into BG, so I couldn't tell you his character's name. I'm bettin' hot fries and a cold pop that there's a PPK nerd that does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

So I guess we have our answer about Gellar. Honestly, Quinn's Waffle House hook-up was more entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Wow, so, this was actually really insulting. I bet M Night Shamaham couldn't have written it worse.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm not sure if it makes us stupid or not, but i wouldn't have seen it coming if everyone in this thread hadn't said so. and my husband (who i let be in the dark about it all) hadn't predicted it, either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 am 

bluedawg wrote:
i'm not sure if it makes us stupid or not, but i wouldn't have seen it coming if everyone in this thread hadn't said so. and my husband (who i let be in the dark about it all) hadn't predicted it, either.

The Waffle House hook-up?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I actually liked it! Finally, we get to see forking dark mini Tom Hanks. I hate that they waited so long for that final scene to happen, especially since there were many hints.

I completely feel like none of the guest actors have been fully utilized this season, but now I'm hoping things will get interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

IsaChandra wrote:
bluedawg wrote:

The Waffle House hook-up?

har har.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:51 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

How underwhelming was that? Geez.

The only thing that surprised me all night was the borderline graphic sex scene. Well, that and the Waffle House lady. That was kinda funny.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The sad thing is all of the precautions they took to keep it secret! If you guys watched the little commentary afterward, not even the director knew about the big reveal, and the only actors who knew prior to this episode were MCH and EJO. Which is ironic since they were the only ones who didn't give anything away.

I'm hoping now that the reveal is out of the way things get better. Even the twist would have been great...four or five episodes ago. I'm still wondering how Dex is supposed to handle Travis since he isn't malicious, just delusional.

Also, do all interns suck? Can't Mosukka (I totally can't spell) pick someone who isn't shady?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am 
ol' garly cooch

It wasn't even a clever tease because of the excessive build up to the big reveal. Very anti-climatic. I kept making Mr. J. laugh by imitating Woody from Toy Story when Baby Hanks was laying on the church floor injured by saying, "There's a snake in mah boots!"*

*=This is only funny if you've seen Toy Story.

I enjoyed Quinn's hook up and I liked Deb standing up to LaGuerta. Nice but obvious distraction to find out the intern was a huge weirdy von weirdowitz. I wonder if that's a set up for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was actually really disappointed that Lewis turned out to be shady and creepy. I kinda liked him.

I agree that the reveal was too dragged out. And I'm not looking forward to frosty EJO haunting baby Hanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm 

bekki wrote:
The sad thing is all of the precautions they took to keep it secret! If you guys watched the little commentary afterward, not even the director knew about the big reveal, and the only actors who knew prior to this episode were MCH and EJO. Which is ironic since they were the only ones who didn't give anything away.

This seems imfuckingpossible. Wouldn't the director get suspicious that no one else is ever onscreen with EJO? Or that every time Dexter looks up he has just narrowly missed sighting him?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

jewbacca wrote:
I'm bettin' hot fries and a cold pop...

Too soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

jewbacca wrote:
Nice but obvious distraction to find out the intern was a huge weirdy von weirdowitz. I wonder if that's a set up for next season.

We will go from The Ice Truck Killer to The Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

rachell37 wrote:
I was actually really disappointed that Lewis turned out to be shady and creepy. I kinda liked him.

me too. can't anyone just be honest-to-goodness nice and normal?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm 

Maybe he's not that creepy? Maybe he just collects serial killer hands? Do you think him and the former intern are in cahoots?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I still hadn't given up on old girl being creepy about the exact same piece of evidence. I don't know if they'll go into it further, but they damn well should.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

takecare wrote:
i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.

I guess. I have to admit that evidence rooms can be interesting. But I've never seen a severed hand, nor would I have the urge to keep it or ask for it if one showed up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

IsaChandra wrote:
Wow, so, this was actually really insulting. I bet M Night Shamaham couldn't have written it worse.

I instantly thought M Night Shamaham in my head when we witnessed the big "twist". I sort of enjoyed this episode more than previous ones this season though. Not sure why, I feel the season as a whole is still going down the pooper. I think I just appreciated seeing a Gellar-popsicle in the freezer.

It sounds trivial, but I felt that the biggest insult to the viewer in that last episode was the way Dexter went down a trapdoor into the basement without thinking how impossible it would be for someone to go down there before him AND STILL MANAGE TO DRAG THE DESK OVER THE CLOSED TRAPDOOR ABOVE! I mean come on - Dexter is supposed to be obsessed with details and shiitake like that, so if I notice it then he would.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:57 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

takecare wrote:

I think all of what you just said makes him creepy. Also, why the overly dramatic creepy music when the hand was revealed?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:04 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Badgermog wrote:
takecare wrote:

I think all of what you just said makes him creepy.

hahaha yea maybe you're right. :)

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am 

Badgermog wrote:
It sounds trivial, but I felt that the biggest insult to the viewer in that last episode was the way Dexter went down a trapdoor into the basement without thinking how impossible it would be for someone to go down there before him AND STILL MANAGE TO DRAG THE DESK OVER THE CLOSED TRAPDOOR ABOVE! I mean come on - Dexter is supposed to be obsessed with details and shiitake like that, so if I notice it then he would.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But there are so many details like that he never would have missed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am 
Semen Strong

IsaChandra wrote:
Badgermog wrote:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But there are so many details like that he never would have missed.

I wonder if the writers mean to have Dexter become sloppier and sloppier or if its just sloppy writing... I miss the meticulous cold-blooded killer of yore. I don't think that guy would have let BabyHanks escape though - he would have seen him as too big of a loose end, and he would have justified the killing because BH was collaborating with EJO (much like the wife of the illegal alien smuggler) and because of the risk to his mission.

That said, I liked the shrink's interaction with Deb, Deb taking the advice and using it on LaGuerta and the wafflehouse hook-up. I laughed so hard at that whole substory. And I don't think internboy is weird for having a prosthetic hand, but that might be because I think he's cute. Also, I like MCH's wardrobe that always seems to highlight the fact that he is muscly yet spare....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next