| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 am 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5384
Location: BRLA
I've really missed Julia Stiles's dancing.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am 
Offline
ol' garly cooch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 2828
Location: Kashyyyk
fatcat wrote:
Or EJO could come out dressed like his character on Battlestar Galactica (which I've been sucked into watching now).



I thought this too! I'm not into BG, so I couldn't tell you his character's name. I'm bettin' hot fries and a cold pop that there's a PPK nerd that does.

_________________
I'm not dead, just sick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:39 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Posts: 1469
So I guess we have our answer about Gellar. Honestly, Quinn's Waffle House hook-up was more entertaining.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Wow, so, this was actually really insulting. I bet M Night Shamaham couldn't have written it worse.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: milwaukee
i'm not sure if it makes us stupid or not, but i wouldn't have seen it coming if everyone in this thread hadn't said so. and my husband (who i let be in the dark about it all) hadn't predicted it, either.

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
bluedawg wrote:
i'm not sure if it makes us stupid or not, but i wouldn't have seen it coming if everyone in this thread hadn't said so. and my husband (who i let be in the dark about it all) hadn't predicted it, either.

The Waffle House hook-up?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Posts: 4615
Location: Bowels of California
I actually liked it! Finally, we get to see forking dark mini Tom Hanks. I hate that they waited so long for that final scene to happen, especially since there were many hints.

I completely feel like none of the guest actors have been fully utilized this season, but now I'm hoping things will get interesting.

_________________
Blog: Mo Betta Vegan
"I eat big bangs."-Vegimator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: milwaukee
IsaChandra wrote:
bluedawg wrote:
i'm not sure if it makes us stupid or not, but i wouldn't have seen it coming if everyone in this thread hadn't said so. and my husband (who i let be in the dark about it all) hadn't predicted it, either.

The Waffle House hook-up?

har har.

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:51 am 
Offline
Angrily Posting on Facebook
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3105
Location: Sacramento
How underwhelming was that? Geez.

The only thing that surprised me all night was the borderline graphic sex scene. Well, that and the Waffle House lady. That was kinda funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
The sad thing is all of the precautions they took to keep it secret! If you guys watched the little commentary afterward, not even the director knew about the big reveal, and the only actors who knew prior to this episode were MCH and EJO. Which is ironic since they were the only ones who didn't give anything away.

I'm hoping now that the reveal is out of the way things get better. Even the twist would have been great...four or five episodes ago. I'm still wondering how Dex is supposed to handle Travis since he isn't malicious, just delusional.

Also, do all interns suck? Can't Mosukka (I totally can't spell) pick someone who isn't shady?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am 
Offline
ol' garly cooch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 2828
Location: Kashyyyk
It wasn't even a clever tease because of the excessive build up to the big reveal. Very anti-climatic. I kept making Mr. J. laugh by imitating Woody from Toy Story when Baby Hanks was laying on the church floor injured by saying, "There's a snake in mah boots!"*

*=This is only funny if you've seen Toy Story.

I enjoyed Quinn's hook up and I liked Deb standing up to LaGuerta. Nice but obvious distraction to find out the intern was a huge weirdy von weirdowitz. I wonder if that's a set up for next season.

_________________
I'm not dead, just sick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3941
Location: Edinburgh
I was actually really disappointed that Lewis turned out to be shady and creepy. I kinda liked him.

I agree that the reveal was too dragged out. And I'm not looking forward to frosty EJO haunting baby Hanks.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
bekki wrote:
The sad thing is all of the precautions they took to keep it secret! If you guys watched the little commentary afterward, not even the director knew about the big reveal, and the only actors who knew prior to this episode were MCH and EJO. Which is ironic since they were the only ones who didn't give anything away.

This seems imfuckingpossible. Wouldn't the director get suspicious that no one else is ever onscreen with EJO? Or that every time Dexter looks up he has just narrowly missed sighting him?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:41 pm
Posts: 460
jewbacca wrote:
I'm bettin' hot fries and a cold pop...

Image
Too soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Posts: 1469
jewbacca wrote:
Nice but obvious distraction to find out the intern was a huge weirdy von weirdowitz. I wonder if that's a set up for next season.


We will go from The Ice Truck Killer to The Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: milwaukee
rachell37 wrote:
I was actually really disappointed that Lewis turned out to be shady and creepy. I kinda liked him.

me too. can't anyone just be honest-to-goodness nice and normal?

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Maybe he's not that creepy? Maybe he just collects serial killer hands? Do you think him and the former intern are in cahoots?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Albany, NY
i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5384
Location: BRLA
I still hadn't given up on old girl being creepy about the exact same piece of evidence. I don't know if they'll go into it further, but they damn well should.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm
Posts: 1469
takecare wrote:
i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.



I guess. I have to admit that evidence rooms can be interesting. But I've never seen a severed hand, nor would I have the urge to keep it or ask for it if one showed up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 361
Location: London, UK
IsaChandra wrote:
Wow, so, this was actually really insulting. I bet M Night Shamaham couldn't have written it worse.



I instantly thought M Night Shamaham in my head when we witnessed the big "twist". I sort of enjoyed this episode more than previous ones this season though. Not sure why, I feel the season as a whole is still going down the pooper. I think I just appreciated seeing a Gellar-popsicle in the freezer.

It sounds trivial, but I felt that the biggest insult to the viewer in that last episode was the way Dexter went down a trapdoor into the basement without thinking how impossible it would be for someone to go down there before him AND STILL MANAGE TO DRAG THE DESK OVER THE CLOSED TRAPDOOR ABOVE! I mean come on - Dexter is supposed to be obsessed with details and shiitake like that, so if I notice it then he would.

_________________
"Gee, that's interesting. I guess you can be intellectually gifted and still be morally bankrupt." - Daria Morgendorffer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:57 am 
Offline
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 361
Location: London, UK
takecare wrote:
i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.



I think all of what you just said makes him creepy. Also, why the overly dramatic creepy music when the hand was revealed?

_________________
"Gee, that's interesting. I guess you can be intellectually gifted and still be morally bankrupt." - Daria Morgendorffer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:04 am 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 943
Location: Albany, NY
Badgermog wrote:
takecare wrote:
i don't think they're in cahoots – i think he was just presented with the perfect opportunity to buy something weird.

i also don't necessarily think the hand makes him creepy, given his interests, the job he is interning at, and how fascinated he is by dexter.



I think all of what you just said makes him creepy.

hahaha yea maybe you're right. :)

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Badgermog wrote:
It sounds trivial, but I felt that the biggest insult to the viewer in that last episode was the way Dexter went down a trapdoor into the basement without thinking how impossible it would be for someone to go down there before him AND STILL MANAGE TO DRAG THE DESK OVER THE CLOSED TRAPDOOR ABOVE! I mean come on - Dexter is supposed to be obsessed with details and shiitake like that, so if I notice it then he would.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But there are so many details like that he never would have missed.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19091
Location: Cliffbar NJ
IsaChandra wrote:
Badgermog wrote:
It sounds trivial, but I felt that the biggest insult to the viewer in that last episode was the way Dexter went down a trapdoor into the basement without thinking how impossible it would be for someone to go down there before him AND STILL MANAGE TO DRAG THE DESK OVER THE CLOSED TRAPDOOR ABOVE! I mean come on - Dexter is supposed to be obsessed with details and shiitake like that, so if I notice it then he would.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But there are so many details like that he never would have missed.


I wonder if the writers mean to have Dexter become sloppier and sloppier or if its just sloppy writing... I miss the meticulous cold-blooded killer of yore. I don't think that guy would have let BabyHanks escape though - he would have seen him as too big of a loose end, and he would have justified the killing because BH was collaborating with EJO (much like the wife of the illegal alien smuggler) and because of the risk to his mission.

That said, I liked the shrink's interaction with Deb, Deb taking the advice and using it on LaGuerta and the wafflehouse hook-up. I laughed so hard at that whole substory. And I don't think internboy is weird for having a prosthetic hand, but that might be because I think he's cute. Also, I like MCH's wardrobe that always seems to highlight the fact that he is muscly yet spare....

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer