| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The bra shopping support thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:33 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Tzippy wrote:
I just got a strapless bra from The Little Bra Company (yes, that's its name). It is the first strapless bra I've ever had that stays up without being ridiculously uncomfortable. I've come to the conclusion that, even though I have a small chest, I need to spend more on bras and actually buy ones sized for petites (the cups are closer together).

my mother sent me an e-mail about this company the other day. i was skeptical because they just kept hyping how it would give you magical cleavage or whatever, so it is good to hear a positive review. i wear a 30B (i think) and the straps on bras are always too long, and the cups to tall and far apart from each other.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

skinnydaisy wrote:
Tzippy wrote:
I just got a strapless bra from The Little Bra Company (yes, that's its name). It is the first strapless bra I've ever had that stays up without being ridiculously uncomfortable. I've come to the conclusion that, even though I have a small chest, I need to spend more on bras and actually buy ones sized for petites (the cups are closer together).

my mother sent me an e-mail about this company the other day. i was skeptical because they just kept hyping how it would give you magical cleavage or whatever, so it is good to hear a positive review. i wear a 30B (i think) and the straps on bras are always too long, and the cups to tall and far apart from each other.

I also have this Wacoal Petite bra that fits really well: http://www.barenecessities.com/Wacoal-P ... earch,.htm (it looks like they're out of some of the sizes on that site now, though).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 pm 
Saggy Butt

MY BOOBS WONT STOP GROWING IM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP MEEE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 pm 
ugh

VeganMeredith wrote:
I also hate bra shopping. Does anyone with a small chest have any suggestions about which companies to buy from? I can never get bras to fit my tiny chest properly!

I like bralettes, but that might not work if you're nipple-conscious. Recently, I'm a fan of Hanky Panky.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

b.vicious wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
I also hate bra shopping. Does anyone with a small chest have any suggestions about which companies to buy from? I can never get bras to fit my tiny chest properly!

I like bralettes, but that might not work if you're nipple-conscious. Recently, I'm a fan of Hanky Panky.

Does a bralette have any lining or padding?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:09 am 
ugh

VeganMeredith wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

Nope.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

b.vicious wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Nope.

Hmm, I may look into that. I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Where can I buy a bra that won't get a bunch of cat hair all of it and make me itchy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Alien wrote:

Welcome to my world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm 
Nailed to the V

My boobs won't stop growing either, I swear. I was a 32E in the fall, and I went on Friday because the girls were unhappy and now I'm a 32/34 (depending on the manufacturer) G. what the fizzle?

Bare Necessities is having I think the last day of Friends & Family which is 25% off, I ordered this weekend. Bought one at the bra shop (they are so awesome) and then got the other ones online. I also like Her room but you can't do returns on sale items, which um, sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:46 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

graffitipassion wrote:
Alien wrote:

Welcome to my world.

Yeah, I am supposed to be wearing a j(!!) cup. Seriously. Where the fork am I gonna find a j cup bra?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I hate bra shopping about as much as I hate jeans shopping. I always try a whole bunch of stuff on and come out empty handed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 pm 
Chard Martyr

Tzippy wrote:
I also have this Wacoal Petite bra that fits really well: http://www.barenecessities.com/Wacoal-P ... earch,.htm (it looks like they're out of some of the sizes on that site now, though).

I heard Wacoal is awesome. I was measured as a 34D, which I detest only because normally I can't find cute bras, but I heard that Wacoal has some cute thin-strapped and attractive ones.

I have some nice wireless cotton ones from Victoria's Secret that I like. I also found some cute cheap ones at Target, too! So if you don't want to spend a lot, Target has a decent selection of really comfortable ones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Is there a company known to man that makes a strapless bra for DDD?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

starrynight87 wrote:

Quite a few of them. Check out bare necessities, they are having a sale today. I like Fantasie and Panache.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

xanthia wrote:
starrynight87 wrote:

Quite a few of them. Check out bare necessities, they are having a sale today. I like Fantasie and Panache.

Heh, there's only one in my size, but it's 18 bucks, so I'll go ahead and order it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Puma wrote:
Sarah wrote:
I am a 34 DD-and I don't feel like I am that big. I do wear a 36 D in some bras too, depending on the padding. If a bra come in both 34 DD and 36 D they are not the same.
I get most of my bras at Nordstroms or Saks. I like Chantalle. They last forever (They should! They cost $70+ ish!) and they fit me the best.

Bra twins. I have one Chantelle bra (also 36D) and it is, by far, the nicest bra I've ever owned. It fits perfectly and it's beautiful. Wish they weren't so expensive so I could easily replace mine when it dies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

alice1drland wrote:
Puma wrote:
Sarah wrote:
I am a 34 DD-and I don't feel like I am that big. I do wear a 36 D in some bras too, depending on the padding. If a bra come in both 34 DD and 36 D they are not the same.
I get most of my bras at Nordstroms or Saks. I like Chantalle. They last forever (They should! They cost $70+ ish!) and they fit me the best.

Bra twins. I have one Chantelle bra (also 36D) and it is, by far, the nicest bra I've ever owned. It fits perfectly and it's beautiful. Wish they weren't so expensive so I could easily replace mine when it dies.

I think chantelles are the best. They last along time, too, if you are careful to only hand wash.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:33 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Weird question - does anyone have recommendations for SUPPORTIVE sports bras? When I go running, I wear an older/ickier underwire bra and a sports bra over it, because most sports bras don't seem to support my ladies that well. But the underwire ends up cutting into my skin after a while (so much so yesterday that I started bleeding, ew).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 pm 
Nailed to the V

maygles wrote:
Weird question - does anyone have recommendations for SUPPORTIVE sports bras? When I go running, I wear an older/ickier underwire bra and a sports bra over it, because most sports bras don't seem to support my ladies that well. But the underwire ends up cutting into my skin after a while (so much so yesterday that I started bleeding, ew).

What size are you may? I'm a 32G and like Freya Active and Enell. You are going to probably have to pay more than you want, but bleeding is NOT cool!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have freya active and enell. i dont like either that much, but i guess theyre tolerable. honestly im uncomfortable every single day and have tried on so many forking bras and spent so much forking money.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

rocklobster wrote:
I have freya active and enell. i dont like either that much, but i guess theyre tolerable. honestly im uncomfortable every single day and have tried on so many forking bras and spent so much forking money.

That sucks. For my everyday bras I like Fantasie T-Shirt bras, and I barely feel like I'm wearing one. Did you go get fitted? That is key honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:51 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

xanthia wrote:
maygles wrote:

What size are you may? I'm a 32G and like Freya Active and Enell. You are going to probably have to pay more than you want, but bleeding is NOT cool!

I haven't been fitted recently (this thread is making me think I should..) but I am a weird size, 38B (my sherpa-like ribcage will not be stopped!).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:53 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

CW-X Xtra Support Sports Bra. For reals. I had too many terrible sports bras that left me flying all over the place and then I decided to fork over a decent amount of money instead of settling on a $20 piece of double-layered fabric.

Definitely go to a sports store of some kind to try it on because it IS crazy supportive - you don't want to get to the point where you can't breathe, though.

This is what it looks like:
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/CWL108/?cc=WH&s=40DD&sc=CX11T029&cm_mmc=portal-_-googlebase-_-na-_-rrs206-CWL108-WH-40DD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:54 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Recommendations for bras not made in China? I prefer no sweat shop at all, but specifically trying to avoid china. I know there's no guarantee the maker won't change factory locations, but looking for a starting point. Also, not that one that has the horrible sexist heroin model ads, I need a real bra not a camisole.

ETA: american apparel, I couldn't think of the name. anyway, not them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next