| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i think dexters sloppiness is intentional on the part of the writers. the code kept dexter meticulous. when he started doubting harry, harry's parenting skills, and the purpose of the code he started getting sloppy. it'll be his demise.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 pm 
Semen Strong

How much do the Miami Dade PD suck if they check the entire body for trip wires and miss the ones connected to 7 huge barrels of blood. Kind of like missing the blood drops at the Angel site. Does no one actually look at the crime scene but Dexter?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

takecare wrote:
it'll be his demise.

but not for at least another two seasons. (yay)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

takecare wrote:
i think dexters sloppiness is intentional on the part of the writers. the code kept dexter meticulous. when he started doubting harry, harry's parenting skills, and the purpose of the code he started getting sloppy. it'll be his demise.

I think you're giving them too much credit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:25 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Yeah, I think the writers are just lazy. They just got picked up for 2 more seasons, so they don't really have to give a shiitake anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The husband said he thought he remembered seeing that this was the first season not being loosely guided by a book. He also said he wasn't sure if he just totally made that up...but if it's so, it could explain a lot, too. Maybe Dexter needs the influence of his real creator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

question: was the hand in the apartment "just a prosthetic" as i've seen in a couple of places, or the actual preserved/severed hand from the evidence room, which the other intern sold on ebay? because i thought it was the latter. or maybe i'm confused and she actually only sold a prosthetic meant to be similar to the actual?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

There was never an actual hand in the evidence room. It's the prosthetic from the Ice Truck Killer season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

okay, thanks! i watched all five seasons in a row, and a lot of things got jumbled together and i'm sure i lost smaller details. so this was an actual prosthetic hand from an ice truck victim, stolen from evidence by previous intern, and now purchased by heretofore-sweet new intern. whew!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:11 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Okay, I've figured it out. Dexter has to get Baby Hanks back to the boardwalk magic machine so he can be little again.

OR
Dexter and Baby Hanks will dress in drag and crash an all women's co-op apartment dwelling in the big city.

OR
Baby Hanks will buy really expensive luggage and go to Waponi Woo with Meg Ryan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:01 am 
ol' garly cooch

Oh, all right.

Baby Hanks resurrects John Candy so he can help him return Daryl Hannah to the water before Eugene Levy gets to her.

I thought he was going to turn that boat into a shrimpin' boat with Lt. Dan, but I was wrong. Wormwood and hors d'oeuvre killin' trumps gettin' shrimp.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 pm 

I hope the last two eps are good. I hope some shiitake goes down. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm 
Semen Strong

I thought this was interesting
Spoiler: show
writers announced they are going to be ending the show in the next 2 seasons so they are starting to work towards it now. Maybe Dexter is getting sloppy so Deb can finally catch him. God knows it would take epic incompetence for her to catch it. http://www.avclub.com/articles/ricochet-rabbit,65915/

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:41 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

So, this show kinda sucks now, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I only just watched last week's episode. Boyfriend and I spent the entire episode stuffing our faces full of pizza and yelling out what we knew was going to happen next. We had to laugh at the end though. DRAMATIC MUSIC! And the patronising explanation from Dexter. 'Gellar has been dead THE WHOLE TIME'. Thanks Dexter, good thing you know we're too stupid to have figured that out when we saw his frozen corpse, let alone in the first couple of episodes of the season.

Although I thought the buckets of blood were pretty forking cool.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:37 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Seriously, guys. I never minded the ghost talk before, but I am dying having to watch this so much during the season. Overall, I think this has been a pretty crappy run. It sucks because they had fantastic actors there and they didn't utilize them well at all.

Plus, I'm getting creepy, incestuous vibes from Deb this season.

And what the hell is up with Lewis?! Why does he care so much about Dexter?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:52 pm 
Semen Strong

If both your characters need ghosts to explain the plot, then your writing may be sloppy.

Also, the incesty vibes are really disturbing. I know she is supposed to have bad taste in men - is the therapist going to discover that she wants to either bone a Dad substitute or her brother (or a shiny serialkillery simulacrum)?

I miss Rita and the kids, who really humanized Dexter. At this point, the story has lost one of the elements that made it so interesting - the serial killer trying to balance a normal life with his hobby. The only thing humanizing Dexter is Deb, and she is only barely doing that, because he just avoids her and doesn't seem to care about her at all. At least with Rita you felt like Dexter had genuine affection for her and the kids.

And even the murders almost don't work. It relies on incredible incompetence by the Miami Dade police force who miss all sorts of evidence. I miss investigative Dexter and his morally justifiable kills. I miss seeing all the killers of the week and hearing their weird motivations.

Maybe Anderson will be the next Doakes and die in a massive sharkjumping accident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mo, that's almost word for word what I was thinking. They had some really great guest stars this season and really underutilised them. I was really disappointed with how quickly they killed off Brother Sam and how little we saw of EJO. He only got good in his last scene!

Yeah, there seemed to be some incesty stuff going on in the preview for next week. It was disturbing. I mean, I know that they aren't actually related, but they grew up together and are always talking about being brother and sister, so to suddenly just say "fork it" and go for that kind of relationship is creepy.

Tofulish, you're totally right re: Rita and the kids. He can so easily pawn Harrison off to Jamie that he might as well not even be there (except in those episodes where they need him to drive the story).

I miss motherforking Doakes. I do like Anderson though. I like that they have someone on the force who does the job and isn't constantly distracted by their own shiitake. Speaking of which, I really wish they'd get rid of Quinn. I don't even know what they're doing with him, but he's so forked up it's not even entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'll be honest, my first thought was that Deb was gonna bone her therapist.

Still kinda hopin.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

rachell37 wrote:
Speaking of which, I really wish they'd get rid of Quinn. I don't even know what they're doing with him, but he's so forked up it's not even entertaining.

YES! Why the hell is he still here? The only Quinn I liked was crooked cop, catching on to Dexter Quinn. This dating Deb and depressed about being a loser thing is seriously played out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:43 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

He's gonna die, I hope. Every time they bring on a new character that gets too close to Dexter I'm convinced they're gonna get murked and I've been waiting on Quinn for forking ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 am 

So what's his face the intern is going to start killing people so that he can know what's like to kill people and so his video game can now be totes awes, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:10 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Erinnerung wrote:
I only just watched last week's episode. Boyfriend and I spent the entire episode stuffing our faces full of pizza and yelling out what we knew was going to happen next. We had to laugh at the end though. DRAMATIC MUSIC! And the patronising explanation from Dexter. 'Gellar has been dead THE WHOLE TIME'. Thanks Dexter, good thing you know we're too stupid to have figured that out when we saw his frozen corpse, let alone in the first couple of episodes of the season.

Although I thought the buckets of blood were pretty forking cool.

Your explanation sums up the entire season for me. "That means...Travis killed ALL THOSE PEOPLE." Really? Thanks, Dex.

Somehow I missed the incesty stuff from previews or whatever...I just thought Deb was having some revelation about how she's too dependent on others for her self worth. Or something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 am 
ol' garly cooch

I can't believe no one is laughing at my Tom Hanks Jr. Jokes. They're supposed to make you feel better for watching this season.

They'll end the season with Baby Hanks joining Miami Metro and adopting an out of control dog named Hooch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:38 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

IsaChandra wrote:
So what's his face the intern is going to start killing people so that he can know what's like to kill people and so his video game can now be totes awes, right?

That might slightly redeem the season for me. The character is already super creepy, and I'm thinking Josh Cooke could pull it off. He would be very interesting as a killer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next