| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

The murder scene was really rough when Tate killed Chad and Patrick...the fire poker part. I was kinda shocked that FX went there. Also just have to point out that every single show ever now has to have rape scenes. I don't get the necessity.

Bastah, you're right, Patrick is totally Kmart Askars!

IsaChandra wrote:
Because I look at Tate and I can practically smell the Zima on his breath.

Ha! Yea I agree, the thrift store striped wool sweater, oversized cardigan, floppy dirty hair...totes 90's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:28 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

IsaChandra wrote:
Karena wrote:
Do we know how Tate died yet, because he doesn't appear to have any injuries? I still don't think he looks mid-90s enough, but you could be right! Interesting theory!

Maybe it's a regional difference? Because I look at Tate and I can practically smell the Zima on his breath.

Considering I just had to google Zima to find out what on earth it is, you might just be right!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ericaj wrote:
The murder scene was really rough when Tate killed Chad and Patrick...the fire poker part. I was kinda shocked that FX went there.

People keep making up excuses for Tate (*waves* I do!) like "the house made him do it" and "his heart was in the right place," but I think this was to show his true character. Even if the house or his heart made him murder, nothing but himself made him use the fire poker. So maybe it was just to get rid of all the theories that Tate is actually a nice guy. Haha that's my new theory anyway.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:08 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

ericaj wrote:
The murder scene was really rough when Tate killed Chad and Patrick...the fire poker part. I was kinda shocked that FX went there. Also just have to point out that every single show ever now has to have rape scenes. I don't get the necessity.

QFT x 1,000,000,000. Did not like this at all, at all, at all. I had to pause the episode because that scene was very unexpected and it seriously made me have a miniature panic attack. Totally gratuitious and shocking and (IMO) completely unnecessary. I'm a huge, huge fan of slasher flicks and horror movies with a fair to middling amount of gore, but that.. yeah. Thinking about it still makes me feel physically sick. Whenever many TV producers seem to want to "bring it to the next level" and prove that a given character is a Big Bad, they always seem to want to pull the rape card as a first resort. Pretty disgusting, not to mention a lazy method of exposition.

O/T but only kinda: All y'all Tate fans should check out One Tree Hill (S6 E18-22), where he plays basically the same character, except a) his name is Jack Daniels, b) he is decidedly not a murderer, and c) he is all done up in grungy '00s clothing instead of dressing so much like Kurt Cobain that it's actually quite funny and adorable. The woman who plays the cheerleader who died in the school shooting on AHS is Sam, his cute little miscreant girlfriend, on OTH. (You are now allowed to dismiss all of my opinions from here on out because I just loosed with some encyclopaedic knowledge of a prime time CW Network teen drama, and there is way, way more where that came from.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

stephanie wrote:
ericaj wrote:

QFT x 1,000,000,000. Did not like this at all, at all, at all. I had to pause the episode because that scene was very unexpected and it seriously made me have a miniature panic attack. Totally gratuitious and shocking and (IMO) completely unnecessary. I'm a huge, huge fan of slasher flicks and horror movies with a fair to middling amount of gore, but that.. yeah. Thinking about it still makes me feel physically sick. Whenever many TV producers seem to want to "bring it to the next level" and prove that a given character is a Big Bad, they always seem to want to pull the rape card as a first resort. Pretty disgusting, not to mention a lazy method of exposition.

YES! I really forking hated this most recent episode because of that. It was just completely unnecessary. I find it to be seriously trite when something is obscene for obscenity's sake. There was no forking point to that. None at all. Hate hate hate.

I'm so super convinced Violet's dead. She just has to be.

I also missed Constance in this episode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Sometimes this guy comes over and asks us to do yardwork and he always made me feel like I was in a horror movie. He's bulbous, hunched over, has a lisp, wears overalls and all that. He came by today and kinda forced his way inside and then started talking about how he's been coming to our house for decades and how we've changed it and asking all sorts of questions. So at least I now know that he's a ghost.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 pm 

stephanie wrote:
O/T but only kinda: All y'all Tate fans should check out One Tree Hill (S6 E18-22), where he plays basically the same character, except a) his name is Jack Daniels, b) he is decidedly not a murderer, and c) he is all done up in grungy '00s clothing instead of dressing so much like Kurt Cobain that it's actually quite funny and adorable. The woman who plays the cheerleader who died in the school shooting on AHS is Sam, his cute little miscreant girlfriend, on OTH. (You are now allowed to dismiss all of my opinions from here on out because I just loosed with some encyclopaedic knowledge of a prime time CW Network teen drama, and there is way, way more where that came from.)

I knew he looked familiar! ! I'm a big CW (WB!) teen fan...and no, I'm not 14. ha. OTH is on Netflix now, just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:26 pm 

IsaChandra wrote:
Sometimes this guy comes over and asks us to do yardwork and he always made me feel like I was in a horror movie. He's bulbous, hunched over, has a lisp, wears overalls and all that. He came by today and kinda forced his way inside and then started talking about how he's been coming to our house for decades and how we've changed it and asking all sorts of questions. So at least I now know that he's a ghost.

ooweeeooo let's hope he does not also have a latex suit!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 am 

Yay for Ben finally getting to see old Moira! So did she want to seduce Ben, because she thought it was the only way for her to have her body dug up?

The preview for next week looks pretty good. I'm speculating that Violet is perhaps alive and that Tate knows he's dead.

Drunk, high, or very sleepy?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 pm 

Maybe anyone can wear the latex suit? Maybe it's not always Tate?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm 
protein lump

yeah i really don't think it's always tate when we see someone in it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 am 

that's what I think too. I didn't believe it was Tate before, but then they proved that it was...but maybe it only was him some of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Karena wrote:
Do we know how Tate died yet, because he doesn't appear to have any injuries? I still don't think he looks mid-90s enough, but you could be right! Interesting theory!

I think the student nurses are aware that they're dead, since they played a part in the killing of the home invaders (pretty out of character for their living selves), but they're still in their uniforms, yet not displaying any injuries of being stabbed/drowned. Hayden on the other hand, knows she's dead (& where she's buried), & appeared covered in dirt & looking a little beaten up, but not as much as she should having been whacked in the face with a shovel.

I thought it was suggested in an earlier episode that Tate was shot by cops who staked him out at the house after he went on his murder spree at the high school (at least this is what I saw on Hulu - I don't have cable).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm 

Yeah, they showed the cops shoot him.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:40 pm 

Different episodes are airing in different countries, which is causing some confusion. I think America is ahead of the other countries.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 pm 

LOVE.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

It's like this show is just too good. I'm already thinking how much it's going to suck when the season is over. Bah!

Tate and Violet 4evs. Although Violet is starting to look a little freaked out by how much he loves her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm 

I want to play cards in an attic forever. With Tate, please.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 am 

Good ep!! I really wish it hadn't been so obvious that Violet was dead and in the crawl space though. I love how they showed the way she learned the rules of the property. Her dead body was pretty gruesome. Is it bad that I like Tate more now? Yeah, it is.

Spoiler: show
So Violet is stuck with Tate now... that should be interesting when she finds out that Tate raped her mother... which she WILL find out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am 

Oh and the smoldering children? Super creepy. Travis is a sweetie. Loraine mentioned that Larry can see them since he's on the cusp... he's going to die soon? But Constance is alive and has been seeing the ghosts for years. Hmm

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 am 
protein lump

i forgot to mention last week that i thought it was kind of lame that they brought the black dahlia into it. i mean, the show is awesome and all the murders are awesome and they needed to bring in a famous murder? meh.

but.

LOVE. in general.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 am 

Taissa says that she didn't know her character was dead until the ep where we saw her dead body. She figured her character was dead long before that, but no one would tell her. I think it's kind of cool that the actors don't know what's going on, but I also think that's not the way to do things. And that makes me wonder about Tate, because Evan Peters has been playing the role as if he's lying to Violet about wanting to protect her and about how it's all been about her. I'm wondering if he was told that he can't be trusted or if he just knows there's a chance; the latter would make him a brilliant actor and shows why actors need to be in the know.

Taissa also said "I officially got my series wrap last Saturday night. It was really sad. I thought I’d be really happy now I get to finally go home for a while. But as soon as I heard I was wrapped I was really sad. It’s so heartbreaking." That makes me think that she's returning for season 2. I know there's a lot of speculation that no one is returning and that season 2 will be a brand new story.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 am 

esme wrote:
i forgot to mention last week that i thought it was kind of lame that they brought the black dahlia into it. i mean, the show is awesome and all the murders are awesome and they needed to bring in a famous murder? meh.

but.

LOVE. in general.

Funny, I didn't even make the connection that it was a famous murder.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:40 am 
protein lump

bastah wrote:
I know there's a lot of speculation that no one is returning and that season 2 will be a brand new story.

i'm too lazy to go back to see if this was said here or when i was talking with my friends, but, someone was speculating that every season would be a new family. if that's the case, violet would be back because she's now stuck in the house.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 am 

Yeah, which is a possibility. There was also the possibility that it would be a completely different story. I know that some of the actors have new TV shows in the works and broadway plays, but of course it's possible to move shooting schedules around that kind of stuff or to just show some characters only every now and then. All I ask is that they keep Evan Peters.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next