| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bisque about your neighbors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:56 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Talking, always talking…into the wall next to my desk.

Post subject: Re: Bisque about your neighbors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:10 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Mine smoke pot and it stinks. :(

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

The shouting! They're always shouting at each other. Not arguing all the time, but shouting. Don't complain about guitar and piano when you're always shouting.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Our neighbors throw trash, unbagged, into our garbage can AFTER the trash has been picked up. So it gets to sit in the can and fester for a week. They have a shiitake load of people living in their house, so I think they just have a lot of overflow trash, so they throw it in ours.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't gross trash, but it's shiitake like animal bones and rotting meat scraps. One time our garbage can got infested with maggots because those idiots threw something nasty in there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The sexin'. Put a pillow behind your headboard!!

That, and the upstairs neighbor vacuuming anywhere between 11 pm
- 7 am. Grrrr...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:45 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I live next door to a drum shop. They have no soundproofing.

Last night the people who live above the drum shop were learning to play the trumpet at 1am...I thought it was randoms in the street until I heard the bloody thing again 10 minutes ago.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Man, I wish this thread was around 2 years ago....

I can honestly say this is the FIRST apartment I've lived in that I have NO complaints about my neighbors. It's like heaven compared to what I've put up with in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My neighbours now are presumably great. I don't actually know them, but they've caused no dramas.

My old place though, was an apartment above an ice cream store. The store itself was awesome, as were most of the people working there. But the manager was ridiculous, she used to park right in front of our place and declare that it was her park and our apartment didn't come with one. We asked the landlords and they said it was bullshiitake. We told her so, and she spraypainted 'PARKING FOR [ICE CREAM STORE] ONLY' on the wall. Forunately most of her staff hated her too, so they gave us free stuff. She was fun to fork with though. We eventually figured out that we could switch off their illuminated sign from our balcony, which I'm sure confused her endlessly.

At the same place, there was also a guy who lived in another 'apartment' attached to ours, downstairs. I say 'apartment' because it was more like a shed stuck to the side of the entrance to our place. His room was below our housemate's room and she used to hear him crying and screaming at his ex-wife over the phone about how he was going to kill himself. We wanted to help him, but eventually he punched through his window, someone called the police and he ran around screaming that he would kill everyone. When the police told him to be quiet because it would wake the neighbours, he screamed 'fork the neighbours, I'll kill them too' at our kitchen window (where we were hiding and watching). We never saw him again after that. It also turned out that he'd been stealing electricity from us, which we found out when we got a several thousand dollar bill. Of course, by then he was in jail and we couldn't get a hold of him to make him pay up. It was still my favourite place I've lived, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:21 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We can't turn on heat or air conditioning because our downstairs neighbor smokes SO MUCH. It will fill our apt. with smoke smell, and it's absolutely disgusting. P has bad allergies, too. The smoke also somehow comes up without any air on! Sometimes our bathroom will stink ridiculously, or other areas of the apt. It's so bad that you can smell his apt. like.. 20 feet away..with no windows open! He's also a loud talker and loud tver. HOWEVER, he told us that he's moving out in January, so I hope that's true!!!!!!!! Apt office said we can't request a non smoking neighbor....how barbaric??!

eta: This is, however, much improvement upon our last apt, where our neighbor had to be one of the worst people ever born. That time period was completely awful. There were parties, screaming, yelling, loud music, smoke, sex...etc. It took her breaking out her glass door panel with her foot for us to get her evicted.

Last edited by allychristine on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 am 
Naked Under Apron

My neighbors have a band. For a while last year, they would spend several hours every Saturday practicing "(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone," over and over.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 am 
Seagull of the PPK

-he is a pervert, and exposes himself to everyone. cops have been called, and neighbor's husband roughed him up, so he now doesn't stand in the street in a towel anymore, but he's still lurking and I don't trust him. Sprog has express orders to never look in his direction, and I feel terrible that I've had to have the conversation with her that starts "If you see some old man's dick, don't shriek, don't laugh, don't look bothered...." She's too young for this.
-the minute i start doing laundry (to dry outside) he starts burning trash. which is illegal, but even worse, makes my stuff smell. i have started doing laundry at 0600 on sunday just to make up for this.
-he throws poisoned rats over into my yard. luckily my dogs don't eat them.
-he throws his partially burned trash, post bonfire, into my garden.
-he sweeps his trash from the front driveway into my front yard.
-he has stolen things from my back porch, using a hook on the end of a long pole. I've caught him doing it.
-and right now he is building something in his garage, which butts up into my bathroom wall, and it sounds like he's going to break through. so far he's already cracked our water pipes in this stupid construction project.

Thankfully, we only will be here til April, and then will never see this crasshole again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:43 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Wow torque I thought mine was pretty bad but yours may take the cake!

Anyway, my neighbors robbed my house. Broke in my back window, stole a bin and filled it with our electronics. Luckily I don't have any good jewelry because he went through my jewelry box too.

My partner had software on the computer that enables him to see the desktop, so he can fix computers remotely. A week or two later we saw this guy cruising facebook, flirting with some girl. We found his exact address, name, even got pictures of the room the computer was in using its camera. Turns out he lives just 5 houses down the street.

I wasn't even that bothered by being robbed at first. But knowing it was a neighbor just makes it so much worse. How could someone do that to a neighbor? It is just so wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:40 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Geez Aubade, I think I will stick with my perverty neighbor!! Having a neighbor invade my home and steal my stuff is really, really disturbing to me. My neighbor is just a douchebag, but i don't think it's personal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I also had a neighbor rob my house once. He was a next door neighbor that we had invited over when we moved in, to be nice. I even babysat for him once. Came home one night to find my basement window kicked in and my TV, stereo, some jewelry and other things were gone. Muddy foot prints went from his back yard into my house and back again, but the cops didn't find anything in his house, so nothing was done. That was extremely frustrating and violating. Luckily my boyfriend and I broke up shortly after and I moved out.

Now I have pretty decent neighbors, except for one house across the street. I just don't understand why they need to talk so loudly on their front porch at all hours of the night when they are only inches away from one another.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ashley wrote:
Our neighbors throw trash, unbagged, into our garbage can AFTER the trash has been picked up. So it gets to sit in the can and fester for a week. They have a shiitake load of people living in their house, so I think they just have a lot of overflow trash, so they throw it in ours.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't gross trash, but it's shiitake like animal bones and rotting meat scraps. One time our garbage can got infested with maggots because those idiots threw something nasty in there.

My neighbors throw trash into the communal recycling cans.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My upstairs neighbour must jump on a pogo stick every morning around 5. It's the only possible explanation for that noise.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:37 pm 
<3

I have a better class of neighbors in my apartment complex than when I owned my house.

Give jerks loans they shouldn't have got in the first place to buy a house and they think they are little kings of a plot of land.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:45 pm 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

One neighbor is a really nice 70 year old widow. The other is a really nice 135 year old widow. Both quiet as church mice until 7:01 AM, when they face off on Mow The World.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:46 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I live on the top floor. Occasionally the guys across the hall will play really loud music, but they're not very annoying and go out of town all the time. The guys below us are usually pretty quiet.. except when they have friends over. Their friends stomp around like rhinos and we hear a lot of squealing girls. The neighbors that share a wall with my bedroom are forking saints. I wouldn't even know people lived there if I didn't see lights on from time to time.
That said, I'm sure we are fairly obnoxious to the guys that live below us. Our floors squeak and creak like crazy. My roommate stays up late and I get up super early. I'd apologize to the guys below us, but we randomly smell pot smoke wafting from their place and I figure it equals out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:03 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

My neighbors across the street let their tiny little dog run loose and it scares the hell out of me. We have huge hawks here, and people driving too fast, and I worry that something will happen to it. It's not nice, either. It barks and snaps at me if I try to pick it up to take it home. It poops in my yard and torments my dogs through the window.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

couroupita wrote:

That, and the upstairs neighbor vacuuming anywhere between 11 pm
- 7 am. Grrrr...

I do that sometimes. I live upstairs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:06 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I lived below a mother and son for awhile and they would have the worst fights. It was really upsetting hearing him yelling and throwing things around the apartment on basically a daily basis, especially since I've been in a violent relationship in the past and I know how much worse it is when you're actually involved. Also, he had rigged his truck to be extra loud and he'd fire it up outside my bedroom window every morning. And then there was the time my apartment flooded because he was having sex with his girlfriend in the bath above my bathroom, so gross, I seriously didn't need to know how that water got there.

Luckily he's gone now, though she's still there. She is crazy in her own way and I've had some altercations with her but ultimately I just ignore/put up with it because I think she's lonely and I feel bad for her.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

nondairyqueen wrote:
I also had a neighbor rob my house once. He was a next door neighbor that we had invited over when we moved in, to be nice. I even babysat for him once. Came home one night to find my basement window kicked in and my TV, stereo, some jewelry and other things were gone. Muddy foot prints went from his back yard into my house and back again, but the cops didn't find anything in his house, so nothing was done. That was extremely frustrating and violating. Luckily my boyfriend and I broke up shortly after and I moved out.

Now I have pretty decent neighbors, except for one house across the street. I just don't understand why they need to talk so loudly on their front porch at all hours of the night when they are only inches away from one another.

you're in girl haggard? what neighbor hood do you live in?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

vijita wrote:
My upstairs neighbour must jump on a pogo stick every morning around 5. It's the only possible explanation for that noise.

maybe he's using a stepper?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:13 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Wow, I'm so sorry reading your awful stories. Some of those neighbours would drive be nuts and totally ruin living in such a place.

The only story I have is that one of our neighbours is the self-proclaimed police of the house and she always puts up signs about what MUST or MUST NOT be done. She will also terrorize people and threaten to call the police for renewing the flooring (and making some hammering noises) on a Saturday afternoon, claiming it is illegal to do so.