| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:19 pm 
Chard Martyr

for me, i don't get the loveableness at all. I really don't think he has a good heart because he's constantly sabotaging other people in favor of himself. it's funny cause i just assumed everyone felt the same way i do. He very rarely does something that makes me think he's ok and then he instantly ruins it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:27 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

semiautomatic wrote:
organarchy wrote:
Has anyone here watched the original Office UK series with Ricky Gervais? Absolutely brilliant.

yeah! i have the two seasons and that post-season 2 special. it's the best. it's so unbelievably awkward and the humour is way more depressing and dry. i like the british one because it doesn't feel like the actors are...acting. and ricky jervais...he is awesome

Indeed. The husband and I like a lot of British series because their wit is so much sharper. It feels like there's less censorship; like they're not afraid of offending someone. We have this theory that Ricky Gervais' characters take from Steve Coogan who had a character he did called Alan Partridge [if you didn't know already].

Alan Partridge is this washed up "actor/talk show host" who is really just a superficial shell of a man. Egotistical, delusional and desperate for fame it's so sad.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 pm 

The latest episode was boring overall, but I thought the beginning was great - the look on Dwight's face as he ate his toast was the best!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, that thing with the kids and the scholarship was one of the worst! ..but it always kinda works out. I think if I hated him, I wouldn't like the show. I don't like to dislike major characters (other than like people who are supposed to be BAD).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

organarchy wrote:

Has anyone here watched the original Office UK series with Ricky Gervais? Absolutely brilliant.

Some of the best television ever made. So uncomfortable, so hilarious... The American show is okay, but there's really no comparison. Tim and Dawn made me cry! And as funny as Kevin is, he's no match for Keith and his eczema. The American show is not really believable, but the British show, while outlandish, was just plausible. Those could have been real people. And Gareth? So much weirder than Dwight!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 pm 

mittenmacher wrote:
organarchy wrote:

Some of the best television ever made. So uncomfortable, so hilarious... The American show is okay, but there's really no comparison. Tim and Dawn made me cry! And as funny as Kevin is, he's no match for Keith and his eczema. The American show is not really believable, but the British show, while outlandish, was just plausible. Those could have been real people. And Gareth? So much weirder than Dwight!

I too cried like a little bisque because of Tim and Dawn! But the best: David Brent's music video where he covers "If You Don't Know Me By Now"

PERFECTION

Organarchists Unite

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:00 am 
Dildo Queen

this new episode was so awful. the beginning actually had potential i thought "oh cool it's almost like the older episodes!" and then out of nowhere they're at a church for the whole forking thing. i felt like it was a commercial for christianity. it wasn't funny. also i feel like steve carell's other movies have ruined his michael scott character - in the new office episode reminded me of him in Dinner for Schmucks.

why does pam look so different? her eyes look way smaller. i know she's older but is she wearing more makeup or something? this is probably a stupid question with an obvious answer.

but yeah. this episode sucked my balls in the NOT good way. i do like ryan though, i think he looks good with his glasses and i'd like to hang out with him. but yeah. the past 2 seasons (at least) have proved to be unnecessary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:02 am 
Dildo Queen

organarchy wrote:
I too cried like a little bisque because of Tim and Dawn! But the best: David Brent's music video where he covers "If You Don't Know Me By Now"

PERFECTION

totally agree

i cried too, especially when she opens her gift and it's a set of paints. i was like *_*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 am 

The new Pam annoys me for some reason. She comes off like a spoiled bisque now...ugh

Organarchists Unite

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:26 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Oh my god, I just figured out who the new boss will be. It's the only person who can possibly replace Michael.

Packer.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I will quit watching immediately if Packer gets Michael's job. Immediately! I can tolerate him for the 30 seconds of airtime per season he normally gets, but no more. I wish they'd bring Jan back...

Anyway, this last episode sucked. A lot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 am 
Baking In The Flavor

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Oh my god, I just figured out who the new boss will be. It's the only person who can possibly replace Michael.

Packer.

oh HELL no.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

i hate packer so much. that would be a disaster.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

takecare wrote:
i hate packer so much. that would be a disaster.

yeah, talk about hate.

I agree about Pam. : ( She was so lovable before.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I will cut all ties with the show if Packer replaces Michael! I don't think I've ever hated a character as much as I hate Packer. Actually, I don't think I've ever like a character that guy's played. He's always gross, pervy, and loud as hell.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i think it's funny that there keep being these tie-ins with community, like "mean girls" this week.

otherwise, eh. also i wouldn't expect jim and pam to be the christening type anyway, so i thought the premise of this week's episode was lame from the get-go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:02 am 

calcuhater wrote:
otherwise, eh. also i wouldn't expect jim and pam to be the christening type anyway, so i thought the premise of this week's episode was lame from the get-go.

My first thought was that they were doing it to please their family. I never got the feeling that they were really invested in the whole christening.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:55 pm 

semiautomatic wrote:
why does pam look so different? her eyes look way smaller. i know she's older but is she wearing more makeup or something? this is probably a stupid question with an obvious answer.

Her hair used to be really frizzy and now they smoothed it out with all of that Hollywood magic [technology]

Organarchists Unite

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 am 
Level 7 Vegan

helsinki wrote:
calcuhater wrote:

My first thought was that they were doing it to please their family. I never got the feeling that they were really invested in the whole christening.

This really surprised me, too. I thought maybe it could be a family thing, but it was weird they never addressed why everyone was at a christening.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 am 
Dildo Queen

vegetalion wrote:
This really surprised me, too. I thought maybe it could be a family thing, but it was weird they never addressed why everyone was at a christening.

i think this is what annoyed me about the episode. they never talked about why they were there, so they made it seem like it was a normal procedure that everyone does/should do with their baby.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:30 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

But I mean..it is kinda normal. I know the ppk is pretty unreligious, but you guys do know that people are religious sometimes - Jim and Pam even planned to get married in a church. It's like being gay, some times people are and you just don't always know it by looking at them.

ETA: I didn't expect it either and it kind of threw me in the beginning, but I quickly adjusted and just watched for the rest of the craptastic episode.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Blog from Pam about the christening. http://halpertbeesly.com/baby/#item=144745

ok...who are you??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Fee wrote:
But I mean..it is kinda normal. I know the ppk is pretty unreligious, but you guys do know that people are religious sometimes - Jim and Pam even planned to get married in a church. It's like being gay, some times people are and you just don't always know it by looking at them.

It's true. I'm always a little surprised by all the stealthy Christians I meet. Especially after having a kid, I'm always shocked by the number of parents I've met who don't really go to church (or maybe go when the grandparents are in town or during major holidays) who still consider raising their children as Christians to be important. It's just weird because it doesn't really come up until they get their baby baptized or start talking to their kids about Jesus' birth around Christmas.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

allychristine wrote:

ok...who are you??

Sometimes I really enjoy online extras, but a faux baby blog filled with pictures of an actress posing with someone else's kid like it's her own... I'm kind of creeped out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 pm 

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
allychristine wrote:

ok...who are you??

Sometimes I really enjoy online extras, but a faux baby blog filled with pictures of an actress posing with someone else's kid like it's her own... I'm kind of creeped out.

Uhhhh I've never seen that blog before, but I just checked it out and, yeah...way creepy.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next