| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I didn't really care for this week's episode, I found it kind of boring compared to the rest.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I think the shiny objects were pieces of the mirror.

Also, those dolls freaked me out. Dolls are scary anyway.

I agree a little with lobsteriffic, but I still like it better than a lot of other stuff on TV, even if it's an ep just filling in details.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:35 pm 
And you never will.

The shiny things were pieces of Snow White's glass coffin.

I agree that dolls are forking scary, and those were some of the scariest. I am now addicted to this show after watching all the episodes on hulu over the last few days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:37 pm 

AW! I forgot that Snow White was in a glass coffin. Actually, it's been a really long time since I've even seen the Disney version, so I don't remember much other than the basics of the story. So I wasn't that far off hoping the Dwarves would be there... :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm 
Saggy Butt

That makes sense, couldn't figure out what could have been big and glass. Okay episode, seemed really quick. Made me sad for Geppeto.

And is Pinnochio going to show up? Can he be a real person if he's a wooden boy? I'm always trying to second guess who is who.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm 
Hip Goiter

Liz_D wrote:
And is Pinnochio going to show up?

I hope so!!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:03 pm 
And you never will.

I only figured out it was part of the glass coffin because of the last scene, when the Evil Queen/Mayor drops the piece down the grate and it shows it falling into the forest onto the glass coffin from the first episode.

I think it's interesting how at first the Evil Queen/Mayor seemed to be the one totally in control and stuff, but now it's becoming clearer that it's really Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin who is in control. Everyone else is trying to find what's missing (their happy ending), including the Evil Queen/Mayor. Hence adopting a kid and naming him Henry (after the father that she killed) in an attempt to find her happiness. It seems like Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin has manipulated everyone, including the Evil Queen/Mayor, to get what he wants in exchange for what they think they want. But they are ALL just doing what he wants them to do.

Also, I wonder if one by one Emma is just going to help everyone by fixing their lives in the here and now, and that's how they will get their happy endings back? Like Cinderella/Ashley and her man getting back together, or like Jiminy Cricket/Dr. Hopper following his conscience. Maybe nothing will go back to the way it was in fairy tale land, everything will just start to work out for everyone and they'll be allowed to live out the rest of their lives happily.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been watching this on hulu, and I really like it! Did the "pilot" episode show on ABC? It kind of explained a lot of the general stuff before it happens in the episodes. It shows Snow White in the glass coffin, and the prince coming, and everything. I've enjoyed all the episodes, but the 4th was my least favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 pm 

I keep forgetting that I missed either the first ep or the first half of that ep. I need to go back and watch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Also, I was getting kinda confused with all the stories, so I went back and read the wiki (I know!) for each fairy tale, and it cleared most of it up..it does pretty much make sense so far!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 pm 
Hip Goiter

Darmit I missed the first 4 minutes can someone catch me up?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 pm 
Hip Goiter

I love that Emma gets to drive a cop car.

Oh man both of the ladies are sad due to menfolk. :*(

That dress that the blonde/Midas's daughter was wearing in the Fairy Tale scene was HILARIOUS. Like she had a patio around her chest.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:15 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I wish they would let the plot move forward! I'm getting annoyed with all the roadblocks to everyone's happiness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Next week's episode looks exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

lobsteriffic wrote:
Next week's episode looks exciting!

I'm scared! I wonder who is going to die - I'm so nervous! We don't have too many characters we can afford to lose whose death would be as troubling as the previews suggest. I have no ideas! I don't want to lose any of our main/mainish characters, and I doubt they would kill off someone important yet, but who is at that cross between important enough to mourn and lose needed answers but not important enough to destroy the story?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

Also I just watched it again, and the best is when Sheriff Graham, all dejected and embarrassed after Emma catches him outside the mayor's house, says quietly 'I really do work at an animal hospital...' Soo funny.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

maybe Red? she's only kind of involved...?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:24 pm 
Hip Goiter

Who do you think Dr. Whale is? Other boards have put him as maybe the big bad wolf...which would be interesting given that we have a Red. And his being the whale from Pinocchio is impossible bc that is insane obvious and not as clever as the others.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Is it for sure Dr. Whale? Is it not maybe Dr. Wail, and he's the boy who cried wolf? Although, that's more a fable and less a fairy tale...

Or he could straight up be Pinocchio. What else would you call Pinocchio? Dr. Longnose? Dr. Wood? ... I guess Dr. Wood is okay, especially with the obvious names like Ruby and the like. But anyways, Pinocchio hangs with the bad guys in the story, and Dr. Whale is kind of shady. Also, we know Gepetto, but haven't learned if he has a son.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

frozenveggies wrote:
Is it for sure Dr. Whale? Is it not maybe Dr. Wail, and he's the boy who cried wolf? Although, that's more a fable and less a fairy tale...

Or he could straight up be Pinocchio. What else would you call Pinocchio? Dr. Longnose? Dr. Wood? ... I guess Dr. Wood is okay, especially with the obvious names like Ruby and the like. But anyways, Pinocchio hangs with the bad guys in the story, and Dr. Whale is kind of shady. Also, we know Gepetto, but haven't learned if he has a son.

I'd probably go for something pine related. In any event, I'm intrigued.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I thought my husband watched this show with me on Sundays just to humor me, but this week I wasn't home on Sunday and taped it. He came home on Monday and said "can we watch your show now?" It was so cute.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm 
Hip Goiter

On IMDB it says Whale. His comment to Mary Margaret when he first saw her crying in the beginning, when he assumed she was upset about him, was very Gaston-y. That would be cool. But nothing else is Gaston-y for him I don't think.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Am I the only one getting confused? I don't like how the fairytale story doesn't stay on a timeline..keeps going back and forth. I think I have things figured out, and then get confused again because it's showing something that happened before this, which was before this, but after this........ hmm.

I just watch on hulu, so I don't see the previews.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Finally able to watch the latest episode. Even the slower episodes keep me intrigued and that's saying a lot since I'm usually bored with shows quickly.

RandiJM wrote:
That dress that the blonde/Midas's daughter was wearing in the Fairy Tale scene was HILARIOUS. Like she had a patio around her chest.

OMG, yes. I was cracking up!

Based on spoilers I've read, I'm a little confused as to why the death is being touted as super shocking or whatever they said. Maybe it's just because I can see it leading to the story moving along more or something.

Also, I'm very excited after seeing who was cast as Snow's dad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm glad someone else is watching this. I didn't know if I'd be into it at first, but I've actually really enjoyed the show.

So, Gaston wasn't part of the original Beauty and the Beast, was he? Other than the Disney version? Well, this is ABC, so it makes sense that the fairy tales would follow those plots as well.

I really want to continue seeing Sheriff Graham on my television, so I'm hoping it's someone minor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next