| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 am 
Semen Strong

I think its interesting how much CreepyIntern is dependent on Dexter's approval. I don't think that would be in line with being a serial killer - wouldn't he need to be sociopathic and not care about what others think of him?

I think its more likely that CreepyIntern (who provided Dexter with better searching tools) is able to see Dexter's computer search history and figures out that Dexter is doing more investigation than a bloodspatter guy would, gets suspicious and then finds out Dexter's secret. And that won't end well for creepy intern.

I agree with everyone that Quinn has no value to the show. Its like he and Angel are in a separate show where alcoholism is played for laffs. I miss Angel from the earlier seasons. Its like the character has no purpose anymore. He and LaGuerta are just kind of drifting about with no coherent plotlines. I still like him enough to hope he doesn't get killed by the zombie Xtian disciples.

And Jewy, I LOVED your jokes! Keep 'em coming! It is kind of funny that Geller is BabyHanks' wilson...

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Maybe Creepy Intern is an insecure sociopath? It's possible. I've worked in mental health.

Wiiiiiiiiiiilson! Ooops, I mean Geeelllllllaaar!

Hey, You want to hear something funny, Gellar? My dentist's name is James Spalding.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I've been enjoying all the "Hello, hors d'oeuvre." jokes everywhere.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

quinn is being kept around for a reason – we just don't know what it is yet. my brother has a theory that trinity's son will re-appear and tell quinn about dexter. and since quinn is already suspicious of dexter it could blow up (especially since quinn isn't keeping quiet for deb anymore).

as for the intern... something is definitely up. he either knows, or will know soon, about dexter. i picture him being more like an apprentice to dexter though, rather than someone dexter has to chase down or worry about. (even though working with others hasn't been successful for dex in the past)

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My newest prediction is that Travis finds out where Dexter lives, sees Jamie there and assumes she's Dexter's girlfriend or something and kills her, then intern guy finds her and becomes Crazy Vengeance Guy. And then I don't know, that gets dealt with next season or something.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:59 am 

Ooh, that's a good prediction. And then her bro, of course, would be in on it, too. So everyone is gonna be all "KILL KILL KILL!!!!" And there's going to be like 20 more dark passengers.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
Ooh, that's a good prediction. And then her bro, of course, would be in on it, too. So everyone is gonna be all "KILL KILL KILL!!!!" And there's going to be like 20 more dark passengers.

All leading up to a massive killing orgy. Which of course is the last episode because everyone is dead.

My alternative hypothesis (not really) is that Deb wakes up in a padded cell because she hallucinated the entire thing...like all however many seasons there have been. OR that she was really the killer all along and *Dexter* was imaginary. Which means...Deb killed all those people.

Really, I like Erinnerung's prediction. Also, did we see what happened to the other Nanny? I totally don't remember her saying bye or anything. I do remember them leaving the door open to having dark secrets but apparently abandoned it in favor of religious references and tired plot twists.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Erinnerung wrote:
My newest prediction is that Travis finds out where Dexter lives, sees Jamie there and assumes she's Dexter's girlfriend or something and kills her, then intern guy finds her and becomes Crazy Vengeance Guy. And then I don't know, that gets dealt with next season or something.

This idea sounds awesome,and I hope they are that clever!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My talents are wasted on government! Running this country? Pfft, I have bigger (Swedish) fish to fry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 am 
ol' garly cooch

IsaChandra wrote:

Like a serial killer version of Bachelor Party? Because that's another Tom Hanks joke right there.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:24 pm 

bekki wrote:

My alternative hypothesis (not really) is that Deb wakes up in a padded cell because she hallucinated the entire thing...like all however many seasons there have been. OR that she was really the killer all along and *Dexter* was imaginary. Which means...Deb killed all those people.

Haha, I love that!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:29 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I can't believe how awesome this thread has been at predicting Dexter. Notice, I choose to believe in PPK awesomeness and not weak Dexter storylines.

The Deb/Dexter incestuous shiitake is FREAKING ME THE FORK OUT. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. I really wish they didn't go there. I'd even be happier with some other forked up love interest for Deb.

When Baby Hanks picked up that yellow paintbrush after seeing Dexter's 'handiwork', I totally imagined him painting on some blonde girly hair and a smiley face onto his painting and calling it Dexter. Made me laugh out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The Deb/Dexter thing seems pretty cruel of the writers given the state of their relationship in real life. I guess Jennifer Carpenter may be a better actor then we give her credit for.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm 

Baby Hanks is the Bob Ross of Doomsday tableaus.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 am 

IsaChandra wrote:
Baby Hanks is the Bob Ross of Doomsday tableaus.

Snort!

The whole incest thing really peas me off. First of all, why don't actors say shiitake about that kinda stuff. There's just no way those characters would act like that. Plus, it's just really freaking gross. Deb has dependency issues, but I cannot buy her wanting to bone her brother.

So...now they have to kill Harrison to restore the balance to this shiitake.

Next week looks pretty interesting.

I am incredibly stoked to see where the Louis storyline goes

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:45 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

And who does her psychiatrist think she is? Freud? Because someone idolizing their big brother and craving his approval and attention is hardly = sexual desire. It's like really junior high. If you love him so much why don't you just go have creepy sexual thoughts about him already.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

yea after this past episode my brother and i were like "so... that... was... awkward...."

i am also real glad that my therapist never brought up something like that. i would have FREAKED the eff OUT.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:55 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

oh also, i saw that the intern drew something on the hand before sticking it in a box and sending it to dex, but i didnt catch what he drew.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:59 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

takecare wrote:
oh also, i saw that the intern drew something on the hand before sticking it in a box and sending it to dex, but i didnt catch what he drew.

He was tracing palm reading lines, wasn't he?

Formerly rad.badger

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 pm 

takecare wrote:

It looked like he was drawing in the hand lines. It didn't make a lick of sense to me, but I was still pretty traumatized by Deb wanting to get down and nasty with her brother.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:09 am 
So Totally Yiffy

frozenveggies wrote:
takecare wrote:

He was tracing palm reading lines, wasn't he?

Yes. I'm sure it'll make sense next season.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
shows finally jumping the shark...Im a fan but honestly...same story line every season

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm not really getting that Deb wants Dexter like that...I just took the dream as her processing the f-ed upedness of the therapist's suggestion. I mean, if someone made that accusation at you, regardless of it being not true at all, you *would* have to at least process it, right? And if you have as much on your plate as Deb, it may be a little more difficult. Buuuuut that is, of course, referring to real life, not a show where someone chose to waste a quarter of an episode on that...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

bekki wrote:
I'm not really getting that Deb wants Dexter like that...I just took the dream as her processing the f-ed upedness of the therapist's suggestion. I mean, if someone made that accusation at you, regardless of it being not true at all, you *would* have to at least process it, right? And if you have as much on your plate as Deb, it may be a little more difficult. Buuuuut that is, of course, referring to real life, not a show where someone chose to waste a quarter of an episode on that...

Yeah, not to squick anybody, but I've totally had weird sex-implied family dreams. They're gross and continue to gross me out whenever I remember I've had them, but have them I did, and I totally have no incesty feelings toward anybody. Just like dreams where I'm eating meat and cheese aren't real nor an actual desire, nor are dreams where I'm being chased by a murderer real or a desire.

I really hope that's what's going on here, because if not it's like a big banner that reads, "Kay, I think we're done here; soap opera story lines from here on out. We've jumped the shark." I think I read a dream meaning that it has something to do on dependence on family members/being close to them/moving away from them. You know, I totally don't remember, so nevermind.

So yeah.

Formerly rad.badger

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 am 

Yeah, but did nobody see that extra long creepy hug she gave him? I think they are doing the incestuous thing deliberately and Deb is (barf) falling in love with her brother. I have little faith in writers that even make this a story line to begin with...even if they do just say it's about Deb's dependence.

I feel like we are being set up for something with the constant reminder that they are not actually related.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next