| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Silly things our animals do
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:41 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Our house is oldish, and there are lots of flaws in the plaster on the walls. Desmond and Millie are constantly attacking bumps on the wall, convinced that they are bugs. They make that loud chirping sound that cats do and then launch themselves as high up the wall as they can get.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

Our schnoodle Quigley tries to bury his food pretty much every time he eats. If there is nothing to bury it with, he just rubs his nose against the floor pushing his bowl around - it makes a fantastic sound on linoleum floors. We took him camping last summer and he completely covered his bowl with pine needles until you couldn't see it at all.

Other really weird thing he does is try to smother us - he crawls onto our lap and will climb up until his paws are on either side of our neck and then pushes his neck into our face with enough force you actually have to move him sometimes so you can breathe. I have baffled many a dog trainer with this. None have ever seen it or have idea what's going on with that. Weird little dog.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:46 pm 
Dead by dawn

nooch bunny wrote:
Other really weird thing he does is try to smother us - he crawls onto our lap and will climb up until his paws are on either side of our neck and then pushes his neck into our face with enough force you actually have to move him sometimes so you can breathe. I have baffled many a dog trainer with this. None have ever seen it or have idea what's going on with that. Weird little dog.

Amos does the neck thing, too! At first it's cute because his neck is all soft and snuggly, but then he puts enough pressure that you actually have to back away. He hasn't done it at all recently, but he used to do it when his dad and I lived together, mostly when we were talking to each other on the couch. I always figured it was some kind of attention-getting thing. Like, "Stop talking and pay attention to me!" Now that I live alone and Amos gets all my attention he doesn't do it anymore.

Right now he's anxious because he thinks I'm leaving the house (he's right, of course.) So he's whining and crying, prompting me to tell him, "There's no crying in baseball!" And the word baseball got him all excited. So I'm saying, "Do you like baseball? Wanna play baseball? Baseball?" and he's dancing around excitedly. I shouldn't tease him, I know, but it's hilarious. I have no idea what he thinks I'm saying.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 pm 
Semen Strong

I think my dog's poo is 30% cat hair.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:12 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Tofulish wrote:
I think my dog's poo is 30% cat hair.

Ha! Nacho crapped a whole sock the other day.

The CreepyTiel can't be left alone with any ring toy or he ends up humping it until he breaks his tail feathers. Just rings-- his beloved stone windchimes don't elicit sexytime, and neither do his bell toys or pine cones or anything else- just the rings. He's got a thing for curves.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 pm 
Semen Strong

HAH!!!

Veto, our large grey cat (fka tinykitty) likes to grab my partner's shirt cuff in his mouth and then carefully straddle his forearm and go to town on it like it is a pliant ladycat. It is hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Mitts freaks out over hair ties. She bats them around forever. When one finds its way under the rug she dives in to get it out. My roommate once swept under the couch and found 16 hair ties. I'm sure there are many more stowed around the house. I think she likes the elastic.

She also is a superstalker. She gets really low to the floor or will 'hide' behind a bookshelf and just watch you. She's not a great hider, so we usually know when she's up to something. Once she pounces, she'll dart through the house like a rocket. Our floors are pretty slick, so she really flies. Sometimes she does the cartoon run-in-place thing.

If I'm home alone or my roommate is or we're in our rooms, the cat's totally chill. Whenever we're together hanging out or talking, she freaks out. She's a little attention hors d'oeuvre.

C's also discovered that Mitts likes orange sherbert. She doesn't like how cold it is, but freaks out over the smell.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake