| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Lil_Witch_Kitty wrote:
So, I made them the first time with shortening + 6 tablespoons of water. They spread all over the baking sheets.

Because I STILL wanted snickerdoodles, I tried again. Subbed the margarine with shortening + 6 tablespoons of water and I added a 1/4 cup extra of flour. They turned out PERFECT!

Why add the water? I would just sub shortening for marg 1 for 1. I would think if you don't add the water you won't need to add the flour.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:39 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

We made Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows!

Oh-Em-Gee those are yummalicious!

People will love them!

once you accept your limits you can go beyond them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 am 
Ninja Master

I'm going to make cookies as xmas gifts for my workmates again this year, I just haven't decided which ones yet. Last year I made the cherry almond ones. I'm thining the choc pb pillows this year - i've not made them before but choc & pb seems to be a fairly safe option for what people will like.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

baps wrote:
I'm going to make cookies as xmas gifts for my workmates again this year, I just haven't decided which ones yet. Last year I made the cherry almond ones. I'm thining the choc pb pillows this year - i've not made them before but choc & pb seems to be a fairly safe option for what people will like.

About a year ago, I made a full batch of the pillows for work. After taking them to the office of 10 people, I was left with one to take home. It's pretty well guaranteed that your co-workers will like them! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Does anybody know whether the mint chocolate chip ice box cookies are supposed to be soft and chewy or crunchy?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

I made those mint cookies and if I recall correctly they were crispy like shortbread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I just made the Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows. Those things are amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am 
Nailed to the V

I made the Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles yesterday for my mom's cookie exchange w/her friends. I didn't get to try one, but she did and she was very excited about them. She loved that they were different, and couldn't wait to show them off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:38 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Made the espresso oatmeal choc chip cookies for a gift. They're so yummy!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Made the chocolate pretzel cookies - cute as buttons and nice and sweet and chocolatey. Would have passed them buy except I noticed in the description they were recommended for a holiday cookie plate!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I made a xgfx version of the macadamia lace cookies this morning. I had to use way less than a tablespoon per cookie (more like 1/2 tbsp) and cook them a min or two longer than the directions say (not uncommon with the xgfx cookies I've baked in the past). But, once I get it figured out, they are dreamy!!

My family hasn't had a good lace cookie since my grandmother died in 1987. That's all about to change.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:10 pm 
Married to the wolfman

This is not the cookbook's fault, I'm just sharing my story in the most appropriate thread I can think of!

So I've made the gingerbread biscotti like twelve times recently (as gifts) and have been loving it to death. I decided to branch out and try the kitchen sink biscotti yesterday with chocolate chips and crushed candy canes as the mix ins.

I doubled it in hopes of having enough biscotti for a work potluck today and a solstice potluck tomorrow. One of my logs burnt on the bottom (what?!) and the other one, about a quarter of it crumbled into dust while I was slicing it.

My heart is broken. Also, I don't have enough biscotti to really cover one of these events now much less two.

Gingerbread biscotti, baby I'm sorry. I should never have gone behind your back to another biscotti. I promise it will never happen again.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I made the tahini lime cookies the other day. Can't stop eating them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:03 pm 
Nailed to the V

zwingtip wrote:
I made the tahini lime cookies the other day. Can't stop eating them.

I am so curious about these. It sounds like such a strange cookie! I may just have to try them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 pm 
Nailed to the V

I need help with the ingredients for the peanut apple pretzel cookies because of my Nook. How much sugar is needed? (Nook shows a ?)

I'm going to need to get a hard copy of the book, it's so annoying that I can't see all of the ingredients. Usually its 1/3 or 2/3.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

masuphl wrote:
I need help with the ingredients for the peanut apple pretzel cookies because of my Nook. How much sugar is needed? (Nook shows a ?)

I'm going to need to get a hard copy of the book, it's so annoying that I can't see all of the ingredients. Usually its 1/3 or 2/3.

Thanks!

1 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
1/3 cup sugar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

I just made the chocolate chip cookies and while they were really good I had some issues in the baking process.

After mixing the ingredients they were very oily and the dough was too sticky to roll by hand as suggested so I spooned it onto the cookie sheet. They spread a lot but they were really soft and oily after baking and cooling. I double checked the recipe to make sure I got all the measurements correct and they all checked out fine.

Has anyone had any of these issues with the chocolate chip cookies? I am going to try to make them again, any recommendations for next time?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:05 am 
Nailed to the V

deearess wrote:
masuphl wrote:

Thanks!

1 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
1/3 cup sugar

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I made the peanut butter chocolate pillows for the first time today and they are really yummy! They spread a lot thou, which I think depends on my having added an extra tablespoon of milk to the chocolate dough as it seemed very dry. I should have learned by now that Isa's recipes are perfect and I shouldn't tamper with them!
Oh well, they are still good, just not super pretty.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:48 pm 

angelpooh1173 wrote:
I just made the chocolate chip cookies and while they were really good I had some issues in the baking process.

After mixing the ingredients they were very oily and the dough was too sticky to roll by hand as suggested so I spooned it onto the cookie sheet. They spread a lot but they were really soft and oily after baking and cooling. I double checked the recipe to make sure I got all the measurements correct and they all checked out fine.

Has anyone had any of these issues with the chocolate chip cookies? I am going to try to make them again, any recommendations for next time?

For me, they're always really sticky when I try to roll them into a ball and place them on the cookie sheet. I used to keep a dish of water nearby and would dip my fingers in the water after every 2nd or so cookie, but now I use a cookie scoop that has a release mechanism like an ice cream scoop, and it's so much easier. As for the oiliness, I don't know what to tell you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:51 pm 

angelpooh1173 wrote:

For me, they're always really sticky when I try to roll them into a ball and place them on the cookie sheet. I used to keep a dish of water nearby and would dip my fingers in the water after every 2nd or so cookie, but now I use a cookie scoop that has a release mechanism like an ice cream scoop, and it's so much easier. As for the oiliness, I don't know what to tell you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:44 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

angelpooh1173 wrote:

The first time I made them this happened to me, however the next time I just cut down on the oil until it looked right and I could roll it properly...trust your instincts!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Hip Goiter

I've made so many batches of the pb pillows in the past few weeks I'm getting sick of them! Every single relative has asked me to make them for xmas festivities so they are pretty much taking up half my freezer. BUT - one thing I did to keep it interesting - I made some with speculoos instead of peanut butter. Yesss.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

RandiJM wrote:
I've made so many batches of the pb pillows in the past few weeks I'm getting sick of them! Every single relative has asked me to make them for xmas festivities so they are pretty much taking up half my freezer. BUT - one thing I did to keep it interesting - I made some with speculoos instead of peanut butter. Yesss.

Woah.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

I made the tahini lime and the sell your soul pumpkin recently. They are delicious.

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next