| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

They drop that reminder every once in a while, and have done since the beginning of the show. I really hope they weren't setting it up for this from the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

It's especially annoying because I have never noticed Deb exhibit any inappropriate feelings for Dexter. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but this seems to be coming out of absolutely nowhere. Aaaaand it's gross.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ashley wrote:
It's especially annoying because I have never noticed Deb exhibit any inappropriate feelings for Dexter. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but this seems to be coming out of absolutely nowhere. Aaaaand it's gross.

Exactly. It's so weird because I've never known Deb to be so freaking clingy to begin with. Before this season, she never depended on Dexter anymore than a normal brother and sister would. So it's extra insulting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Duuuuudes! Last 10 seconds AMAZING! So glad she knows now!

I have to say that those 10 seconds still don't make up for this shitty season with religious and incestuous overtones. However, next season should be forking beyond awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I think it's a cop-out to end with that, all cliffhangery. I would have been okay if it ended with brother forking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oh man. This deb and dexter stuff is making me feel so awkward.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

I don't like Deb being in love with Dex. I agree with pastabake, feeling very awkward. Although this season was not all that great, the last bit of this episode was nice. I am excited to see what happens next season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 am 

Holy shiitake! I thought we were just supposed to fear that she'd walk in, since he (stupidly!) set up his kill room right in the place where she told him to go, right when she told him to go there. Dexter really has gotten dumber over the years. I didn't think she'd actually find out, though!

Hopefully next season doesn't suck as bad as this one did. It has so much potential to be awesome, which probably means they'll fork it up somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i was actually relieved that she saw him, because i am hoping it means we're slamming the door on the incest storyline.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 am 

bluedawg wrote:
i was actually relieved that she saw him, because i am hoping it means we're slamming the door on the incest storyline.

Either that or she'll become his new sidekick, Lumen-style. That would be special.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah. I definitely think it's an end to incest. Also, I forgot how I was really not buying that Dexter would kill some mother hubbard in broad daylight on a boat filled with people. Awkward.

Next season should definitely be good. Hopefully, they actually utilize their guest stars. Plus, now that Deb knows, things should get intersting. And Dexter still hasn't found the package Louis sent.

Oh, and I just saw that Entertainment Weekly said "Nebraska" (the episode with all the brother ghost talk) was one of the worst tv episodes of the year. It gave me a chuckle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I really doubt it's an end to the brotherlove. I don't trust these writers at all!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 am 
Semen Strong

I think the next season should be entirely acted out by ghosts and Dexter, culminating in him going to trial. Then the final season should have each episode be a year in Dex's life as they go through the court process and finally exhaust all appeals. After he is executed by the state, his ghost rises and he and all the other ghosts rise up into the light. The big reveal is that Deb was a figment of Dexter's imagination all along, and was his first victim.

Either that or he flees to Canada and takes up clubbing seal hunters

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

They should have extended the episode by like 2 minutes. Deb goes "I just came her to tell you I'm in love with you...and this is what I find?"

And a disgusted Dexter goes "Ew, you want to fork me? I'll make a deal, I won't tell anyone about you if you don't tell anyone about me, because honestly, I'm not sure which is worse. I mean, serial murder is bad, but incest?"

Deb: "Deal."

And cut.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Is incest between non-blood relatives illegal?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm 
Semen Strong

You'd have to look at each state individually to see if non-blood relatives/siblings by adoption can have sex, without it being a crime. In NJ, there are no penalties if all parties are over the age of 18.

Quote:
FL Statutes - Title XLVI Crimes Section 826.04 Incest.

Whoever knowingly marries or has sexual intercourse with a person to whom he or she is related by lineal consanguinity, or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece, commits incest, which constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. "Sexual intercourse" is the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ, however slight; emission of semen is not required.

You'd need to check the definition of brother and/or cases to see if adopted siblings are covered or if its by blood only. It is interested that under FL code lineal consanguinity ie blood relationships are necessary for parent-child sexual relations. So you can bone your step-son or your step-father. That isn't the case in certain other states.

And based on the definition, any sexual contact that isn't p in v is fine no matter who you are.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Last edited by Tofulish on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks, bekki, but I don't really think they'll do that.
Deb finding out was just around the corner after last season's weird talking-through-the-curtain scene.
I'll bet Deb will make the connection - and she only knows about the "bad guys" (serial rapist/killer and DDK), so she'll probably be... okay with it?
Next season will be a cheap Natural Born Killers ripoff then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Phoenix wrote:
Thanks, bekki, but I don't really think they'll do that.
Deb finding out was just around the corner after last season's weird talking-through-the-curtain scene.
I'll bet Deb will make the connection - and she only knows about the "bad guys" (serial rapist/killer and DDK), so she'll probably be... okay with it?
Next season will be a cheap Natural Born Killers ripoff then.

Ha! OR she realizes that every shitty relationship she had was Dexter's fault...because she was secretly in love with him and he is a serial killer so she was forever searching for someone with a dark passenger. So she freaks out and kills him. Hooray for the single episode season.

Can you tell I'm frustrated with the show? Very early in the season, my husband accidentally read an interview with Jennifer Carpenter and he found out that Deb found out. When he complained about getting a BIG spoiler, of course I annoyed him until he told me (because I'm obviously too lazy to use google). So I was pretty much expecting that they would leave it for the finale. I was annoyed with that, but okay with it until the entire season sucked so badly...then it just pissed me off. I totally agree with Isa, that was a total cop-out. Maybe I wouldn't have felt this way had the entire season not have been quite so bleh.

Also, did anyone notice the episode ended with "Oh, God."

I have no clue about illegalness of boning people you're related to by adoption, but I guess I just think sibling = sibling. This semester I did find the fun fact that cognitive psychologists apparently love to use this weird scenario about using lots of birth control and sleeping with your brother/sister as a test of morality and some specific emotions...I had run across the scenario in texts before but was amazed at the number of studies utilizing it. Not that that has anything to do with...anything, Other than I'm over incest. Two shows and one lit review. More than enough for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Related by blood or not, the concept feels totally yucky to me.

I'm also frustrated with the show. The first season was the best by far. That's why the dark passenger pseudo-twist this season really pissed me off. Yeah, I missed the Ice Truck Killer - but not like that!!

Also, why did they have to do that to Quinn? I feel like I can't like him any more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

How I felt about this episode (and especially the incest-y bit):

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I want to see them bone because Im a perv....but its a lame story point. This seasons been pretty weak.

But they sucked me into watching next year with the finale

Ok, who am I fooling, Id watch it anyways because I just download it. I mean, I watched Entourage for forks sake, and that show was moronic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 pm 
ol' garly cooch

IsaChandra wrote:
Baby Hanks is the Bob Ross of Doomsday tableaus.

Duuuuuude.

Now I want a t-shirt with Baby Hanks head on Bob Ross's body. "Now I'm going to take my fan brush and paint some happy little whores of babylon."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 pm 
ol' garly cooch

ashley wrote:
bluedawg wrote:

Either that or she'll become his new sidekick, Lumen-style. That would be special.

(((whining)))) But can she dance?

I don't like the incest thing at all either, I was kind of hoping Deb would bone the therapist.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jewbacca wrote:
I don't like the incest thing at all either, I was kind of hoping Deb would bone the therapist.

OMG me too! I was certain that would happen!

I just told Mike about the incest storyline. He said the therapist is a bad therapist and she should find a new therapist (if she convinced her that being in love with Dexter is OK).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:38 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

rachell37 wrote:
jewbacca wrote:

OMG me too! I was certain that would happen!

I just told Mike about the incest storyline. He said the therapist is a bad therapist and she should find a new therapist (if she convinced her that being in love with Dexter is OK).

But you guuuuuuuuys, they're not blood-related, so it's OK! Let me be the first to say that Wincest creeps me out less than this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next