| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Veggie Galaxy News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:49 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Does anyone know--are all the desserts vegan? Because I will be heading over post haste if I can get Boston Cream Pie vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The menu is posted on their blog and it says all the desserts are vegan.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:52 am 

Thanks, Quarantined! I was just looking at the menu, but didn't see that. I'll probably look again and it'll be right in front of my face.

I want to eat EVERYTHING!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was just looking again and it actually says it in the blog post right above the menu!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:01 am 

Ha--scrolled right past that. Also the answer to my cheese question. Man, this menu is making me hungry. I cannot wait to try a vegan omelet. I'm far too lazy to make one for myself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan

ndpittman wrote:
Ha--scrolled right past that. Also the answer to my cheese question. Man, this menu is making me hungry. I cannot wait to try a vegan omelet. I'm far too lazy to make one for myself.

The omelettes looked pretty tiny. The stuffed french toast was delicious! I also (on a different day, not at the same meal--I swear) had the mushroom/chickpea burger. The texture was a little grainy but the taste was awesome. K had the beer battered smoked tofu. The lemon meringue pie was really good... and I want to go back to try the butterscotch pudding!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:21 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I asked them on facebook about any gluten free foods. Here's their reply - Much of menu can be made gf. We carry gf bread, and our tempeh and smoked tofu, as well as our mushroom chickpea burger are gf. Sadly, haven't invented gf seitan just yet. Instead of cooking on the grill, we'll gladly scoot down to the sauté side and cook on a freshly washed pan!

Yeah!I love that they carry gf bread. The mushroom chickpea burger sounds yummy and I don't rememer the last time I had a sundae in a restaurant.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:18 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

LisaPunk wrote:
is this the one kinda next to the Mid East? or am i thinking of something different.

last time i went to TTs and i walked by and saw they were building that i did a little happy dance in the street and started yelling :-D

It is! I'm so excited for when they start staying open til 2 so I can get food after dancing the night away at TT's on saturdays!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

We went for lunch today. We arrived around 1:30 and they told us it would be 1/2 hour wait but ended up being 10-15 minutes. The atmosphere is fun and loud with diner noises. Very comfortable looking. The big booths are nice and could seat 6 people. They also have the high up booths that seat 2 plus tables in back and the counter.

We were low on funds and we both wanted dessert so we ended up splitting the mushroom-chickpea burger. We got mayo, vegan cheese and tempeh bacon as toppings on the burger and had a side of onion rings. The burger was fantastic - it got very messy because we cut it in half and everything got smooshed. I think the cheese was what made the burger so good but it was hard to say. The onion rings were delicious but greasy but not in a bad way. I haven't had onion rings in years so maybe all onion rings are greasy like this.

For desserts we had the chocolate pudding which was AMAZING. I don't usually like chocolate things or pudding but I would order this. Great chocolate flavor. We also had vanilla ice cream with PB sauce and whipped cream. Very good, especially the whipped cream.

My original plan was to get the cream pie of the day but it was chocolate and I'm not a big chocolate person although if it is made with Taza chocolate like the pudding I could be won over. Next they were out of butterscotch pudding and butterscotch sauce so I settled for the ice cream but I was not disappointed.

Service was great despite it being very busy. I plan on returning this week for dessert.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:25 pm 

can we please do a meetup soon? preferably on a tuesday or wednesday =)

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 am 
ugh

VeganFoodRocks wrote:

My b-day is next Tuesday (the 20th)! If my BF hasn't planned to do anything special that night I would love to celebrate with PPKers.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
R and I are both in town Monday & Wednesday this semester, so post-5ish on either can potentially work for us!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Desdemona wrote:
VeganFoodRocks wrote:
R and I are both in town Monday & Wednesday this semester, so post-5ish on either can potentially work for us!

Any day of the week works for me! Except Thursdays sometimes.

Also, I went there for take out on Saturday. I got a sticky bun. (I resized this massive image on photobucket.. but it hates me.)

And the stuffed french toast. Which I don't have a picture of. It was really good.

My only complaint was thus: They forgot to give me my order. So the cooks made it and wrapped it up and then it SAT there for ages. It was barely warm when I got it and I had to heat it up a bit when I got home. I didn't even heat it up much because I was too impatient.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 pm 

b.vicious wrote:
VeganFoodRocks wrote:

My b-day is next Tuesday (the 20th)! If my BF hasn't planned to do anything special that night I would love to celebrate with PPKers.

Yes!

Desdemona wrote:
VeganFoodRocks wrote:

And yes again!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

This place is so good! Hands down one of my best experiences at a vegetarian/vegan place ever. I was really impressed by the decor and the service, and everything was really tasty. I had open faced seitan sandwich and my bf had meatloaf. My only slight complaint was the seitan was a tiny bit tough, but it actually worked fine in the dish, and tasted amazing. I'm not big on desserts but had the cheesecake and it was excellent. I am definitely going back many times in order to try everything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 am 
ugh

I won't be there tonight after all. :P

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ate there today. The chickpea mushroom burger was AMAZING.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 pm 
ugh

I just went yesterday, and now I'm wondering why I kept putting it off. The food was SO GOOD. Tofu benedict!! Coconut banana cream pie! Awesome hashbrowns! I could eat there daily.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:15 pm 

See I haven't been wowed by any real food since the tasting dinner. I wasn't crazy for the tofu benedict, meh on veggie burger, and meh on omelet. It was pretty cool being able to order an omelet though. Actually the flavors were OK, but I didn't care for the textures. The butterscotch pudding, chocolate pudding pie, and pecan pie have all been amazing though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 am 

Im a big fan of the beer batter tofu and my bf (non vegan) loved the french toast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm starting to get annoyed that they close in the afternoons. I've only eaten here twice because it seems like I'm always right there in the area exactly when they're closed on the weekends. It just seems weird and unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:16 am 
Cranky

Quarantined wrote:
I'm starting to get annoyed that they close in the afternoons. I've only eaten here twice because it seems like I'm always right there in the area exactly when they're closed on the weekends. It just seems weird and unnecessary.

Agreed! I had to waste the better part of an hour for them to open on Friday. I enjoyed the beer battered tofu and I liked the veggie burger I got from them at VegFest. I would definitely go back, but I like eating diner dinner around 4, which doesn't exactly work with their schedule.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dr. Apricot wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

Agreed! I had to waste the better part of an hour for them to open on Friday. I enjoyed the beer battered tofu and I liked the veggie burger I got from them at VegFest. I would definitely go back, but I like eating diner dinner around 4, which doesn't exactly work with their schedule.

I know, diner food to me is more of an afternoon thing, not really evening. Though I would do early breakfast if I was in the area.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

We finally made it here yesterday, and I thought it was really good. I love the old-fashioned dinery look, and the place was absolutely packed at noon on a weekday, so that seems like an encouraging sign. The service was very nice and friendly, and everything came out pretty quickly considering the crowd. I was in a breakfast mood so I had a tofu omelet with onions, portobellos and vegan cheese, home fries, and a black pepper biscuit...I have to say that was a biscuit that kicked some serious asparagus, I would like that recipe. My partner wanted lunch and ordered one of the burgers (I took a bite; it was yummy); I ate the two massive onion rings that came on top, and now I want to go back at dinnertime and have the beer-battered smoked tofu. We also took away a few pieces of cheesecake, which we only got around to eating today. All in all, I like the place, and will definitely go back again.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

I went in the same week that they opened and have been going somewhat regularly ever since then and everything has been so good. Some of what I've had already:
-Reuben
-Brown Cow
-Fries
-Stuffed French Toast
-Pancakes with caramelized banana, spiced nuts and Taza chocolate
-Boston Cream Cake
-Taza Chocolate Cupcake

I agree about the times when they are closed during the day. My best friend works across the street from them and I meet her after work every week and we want to stop in and eat but they're closed. Also, their coffee is hit or miss sometimes. I assume that it may be because I've gotten coffee from the bottom of the pot before.