| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The lash growing mascara from Wet n Wild is pretty natural looking. It's this one
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_ ... dtabdetail
Sometimes if I want a more dramatic look I layer the lengthening mascara over it (the regular, the waterproof isn't vegan) which is this one
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_ ... dtabdetail

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:
I found if I let it dry between coats, the Lush Lash gets clumpy, but if I just pile it on quickly, it doesn't. Plus, I dig in a little with the spiky brush to get separation. I'm also obscenely biased toward the Lush Lash though. And I maybe go for a Tammy Faye Baker look. What?

when you say dig in a little, you mean kind of wiggle it back and forth into your lashes?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm in the "pile it on quickly" camp and I find myself plucking out clumps a hell of a lot lately. Hmph.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I second the Beauty Without Cruelty suggestion for natural lashes. I didn't like it because it wasn't dramatic enough for me...which is why I love Lush Lash.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

lobsteriffic wrote:
I second the Beauty Without Cruelty suggestion for natural lashes. I didn't like it because it wasn't dramatic enough for me...which is why I love Lush Lash.

Anyone with sensitive skin may want to avoid this one because I had an allerigic reaction to it and all of my eyelashes fell out and one of my eyes swelled shut.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 pm 

Stop making me want to buy it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:40 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I should write their ad copy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 pm 

I didn't like the Lush Lash for the 1st week and then it was like, "DAMN! lookin' good.".
I tend to wear false lashes, but I am digging it for a day look.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Quarantined wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
I found if I let it dry between coats, the Lush Lash gets clumpy, but if I just pile it on quickly, it doesn't. Plus, I dig in a little with the spiky brush to get separation. I'm also obscenely biased toward the Lush Lash though. And I maybe go for a Tammy Faye Baker look. What?

when you say dig in a little, you mean kind of wiggle it back and forth into your lashes?

Yep! Just like Kevin Aucoin showed Oprah like, 15 years ago. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I somehow broke the screw part of my MP mascara so now it doesn't close right and is drying out at an alarming rate. And I forgot to order a new tube during their cyber monday sale. So i'm torn betweening ponying up the cash for the UD mascara or just getting Wet n' Wild and probably being severly disappointed.

Are there people who don't dig and wiggle?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am 

Oh, and I have a question for my fellow blondes: i'm always hearing that I should put mascara on my bottom lashes, but since the natural color of them is pretty much transparent, it looks extra extra weird when I try to put mascara on. I think part of it is because to get all the way to the base i'd have to wiggle and that's really hard to do without getting mascara smeared everywhere, so it goes from transparent lashes to black lashes. Am I the only one who has this problem? Is there a way around it? Should I just continue to glare at beauty gurus who act like it's a crime to ignore your bottom lashes?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I never put mascara on my bottom lashes because it smudges under my eyes in a bad raccoon-like way when I do. I leave those lashes alone, but I use a little dark eyeshadow/eyeliner powder on a flat eyeliner brush and shade underneath the lashes a tiny bit. Sounds like it would just look like the bad smudging effect, but it's much more subtle.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:22 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

also- I've never officially heard of the dig and wiggle, but I think I do it anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Oh, and I have a question for my fellow blondes: i'm always hearing that I should put mascara on my bottom lashes, but since the natural color of them is pretty much transparent, it looks extra extra weird when I try to put mascara on. I think part of it is because to get all the way to the base i'd have to wiggle and that's really hard to do without getting mascara smeared everywhere, so it goes from transparent lashes to black lashes. Am I the only one who has this problem? Is there a way around it? Should I just continue to glare at beauty gurus who act like it's a crime to ignore your bottom lashes?

I feel your pain! It's mostly an issue on the top versus the underside of the lashes so i'll go over the base of my eyelashes with a liquid liner, because there is no way i can get coverage with a mascara wand. I sometimes use mascara on my lower lashes, depending on the look I am going for. It probably looks weird because you are not used to seeing your lower lashes poppin'. as for the screw part being broken on the other one, you can pick up an o ring from the hardware store and put it on the tube below the threads so when you close it it will be sealed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm not blonde, but I don't put mascara or eyeliner on the bottom, I might do a bit of eyeshadow in the bottom outside corner but that's it, otherwise I stick to on top. Bottom eye makeup makes my eyes look really tiny.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm blonde, and my eyelashes are very pale, and i always put mascara on both top & bottom lashes. i went through a long period (years and years ago) when i only did the tops, but at some point i switched and now i really like how it looks better when i do both. i feel like my eyes look more defined/open when there's mascara, and if i do one with bottom lashes and one without, i can totally see the difference and am biased toward the one with both.

when i apply on the bottom, i squint ever-so-slightly and i feel like that pulls the lower lashes away from my skin a bit. after i'm done with mascara-ing, i also use a q-tip to brush off anything that hit my skin, and that definitely helps.

for mascaras that are more 'natural' i would agree with the recommendation for aveda mosscara or origins fringe benefits. i always get dark brown because i'm blonde, and i feel like that looks a little more 'natural' on me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:55 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I am in the on top only team, but I may switch teams after reading all this!
Also, still really like Lush Lash, but mine is also getting clumpy after two months. For a natural look Fringe Benefits is awesome. The other day I put a few coats of Fringe then Lush Lash and it looked really pretty and defined, but dark and thick as well. Good combo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm 

So I was telling Brian my debate between the UD and WnW mascara and I made the mistake of mentioning that the UD mascara is $20. I told him that while it's kind of expensive, it's not THAT outrageous and he said if I buy $20 mascara he's buying a PS3.

I haven't told him that the BWC mascara that I bought multiple times is like, $15.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:21 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

but won't he read it here?!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:14 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Just get the WnW, MBM, then tell Brian he ruined Christmas and your life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 am 

fupapack wrote:
but won't he read it here?!

I doubt he's trolling the mascara thread!

ndpittman wrote:
Just get the WnW, MBM, then tell Brian he ruined Christmas and your life.

Done and done!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

so we can talk about brian in here?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:38 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm blonde, but now that I think about it, I have no idea if I put mascara on my bottom lashes or not. I think I don't, though. I'll have to actually pay attention when I next do my makeup.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:17 pm 

My Manic Panic mascara broke as well. Worst part? Not by me! I went to use it one day and someone had broken it.

I put a very light touch on my bottom lashes, as I don't want to draw attention or lengthen there.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I don't feel like starting an eyeshadow thread but I wanted to share this email from Clinique
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact Clinique.
Very few animal derived raw materials are found in Clinique products. Animal ingredients are used only when their efficacy cannot be duplicated by any other source of ingredients. When an ingredient can be obtained from either animals or plants,we use the plant derived material.
We are pleased to advise that no animal-derived ingredients are used in the Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-hour Eye Colour.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact Clinique. I sincerely hope I was able to be of assistance. Please know that your satisfaction and business is very important to us. We hope you will continue to look to Clinique for your essential beauty needs.
Sincerely,
Jaci Gabriel
Consumer Care Representative
Global Consumer Communications

because these look so nifty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next