| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 am 
Ninja Master

I'm making the pb pillows this week. I hope they keep a few days, as I'm making them Weds night and giving them friday. Although I am under no delusions that my workmates will have any left by Christmas day!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OMG. Make the peanut Butter Crisscrosses into sandwich cookies with dark Chocoreale or any other vegan chocolate spread. Di-vine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:14 pm 
Saggy Butt

Obviously I'm way behind on baking from this book but I made the regular old chocolate-chip cookies yesterday and they turned out so perfectly- chewy and crispy and YUM.
I took them to work today and they were devoured by the omnis- several people had 2 or 3 each, and I had made them the bigger size at 16 per batch instead of 24!! Vegan success! Made me so happy :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Totally love that Isa's recipes are totally foolproof (except for the peanut butter pillows that I somehow managed to eff up). Anyway, I'm sending out cookies for Xmas and made the Lazy Samoas and the Magical Coconut Bars today for the first time - both turned out most excellent! Can't wait for the raves from the cookie receivers :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I have neglected this book, but not for much longer. I made the Chocolate Fudgy Oatmeal Cookies today and needed some time alone. They are amazing. I tagged a bunch of others I want to try, not sure how many I will get to, but I definitely want to do the shortbread stars, citrus glitters and I forget the name, but it was basically carrot cake in cookie form.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

zwingtip wrote:
I made the tahini lime cookies the other day. Can't stop eating them.

I think this is the first recipe I tried from this book and the most underappreciated. They sound intimidating, but they're so awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:58 am 
Ninja Master

I made the pb chocolate pillows last night. SO good but a bit fiddly to make so I won't be making them that often! I also made the blondies but instead of choc chips I added cranberries and walnuts and some mixed spice, so that they're christmassy. Had a taste of one this morning, they're pretty good!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Do you think the gingerbread, PB pillows and Banana Everything cookies will keep for a week? I already wrapped them up and can't check.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Has anyone made the chocolate cutouts? Trying them tonight for a change of pace and I just put the dough in the fridge, but it seems very wet. I can't imagine rolling it the way it is. Anyone else notice this? Does it really firm up in the fridge? I even added some flour, maybe I should add more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

kasiakoz wrote:
Has anyone made the chocolate cutouts? Trying them tonight for a change of pace and I just put the dough in the fridge, but it seems very wet. I can't imagine rolling it the way it is. Anyone else notice this? Does it really firm up in the fridge? I even added some flour, maybe I should add more.

I've done a gluten-free version, so maybe a little different, but it's nowhere near ready to roll before putting in the fridge for me, but turns out nicely. An hour isn't usually long enough though. If I'm short on time, I actually throw it in the freezer for a while to firm it up a little better

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:22 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I made them several times following the recipe and while a bit wet, it was never a problem to roll them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:59 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I made the peanut apple pretzel cookies today and they don't really look like the picture. And they weren't very sweet. In fact, they were kind of bland. They spread a lot, and look like bumpy cookies. I made a sugar glaze (powdered sugar and almond milk) to drizzle over the top and that helped.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I made the hazelnut fudge dreamies yesterday. I really felt like they didn't need the ganache - the cookies are absolutely amazing by themselves! I made about 8 of them as sandwich cookies, but didn't like that any better than the cookies solo. I'll probably just use the ganache as truffles per the recommendation as I devour the hazelnut cookies!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi all!
Next week is my birthday, and I want to bring cookies to my work colleagues. We are like 40 people, so I want to bake two or three different recipes. Could you please suggest me recipes that most of the people will like, are easy to prepare and do not have shortening? I have the book, but I have never baked anything from it :(

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have yet to make anything from this cookbook, though I frequently drool over it and dream. I have so many desserts already in the freezer that I have forced myself to not make yet more sweets that will end up out there... I really, really, really wanna make the carrot spice chewies or whatever they're called.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:16 pm 

...And then I decided I MUST HAVE COOKIES. So I made the oatmeal raisin cookies. I accidentally did a double batch. Oops.

Delish, I might add.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 am 

I've made quite a few of the recipes from this book and while they have been delicious they seem to lose their texture quickly. They either get too moist and all stick together or they get too dry. Usually they stick though. Which recipes have you guys found that hold up well?

For bringing in cookies to share with coworkers I always find myself making the chocolate chocolate chip walnut cookies from Vcon since they stay good for so long.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:52 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

rockme wrote:
Hi all!
Next week is my birthday, and I want to bring cookies to my work colleagues. We are like 40 people, so I want to bake two or three different recipes. Could you please suggest me recipes that most of the people will like, are easy to prepare and do not have shortening? I have the book, but I have never baked anything from it :(

Thanks a lot!

I have made the Chocolate Bottom Macaroons for a couple parties and they are always a hit! They are pretty easy to prepare and don't contain shortening either. I highly recommend them. The only problem could be that you might eat them before they make it to your office, they're so good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I just made the whole wheat fig bars and the fruitcake bars. Now I only have three recipes to go before I'll have cooked the whole way through the book! Today, I got ingredients for the carob chip cookies. I have a deep-seated fear of carob, but I'm committed to this baking project.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 am 
Saggy Butt

I had to adjust the Chery Almond Cookies to be Blueberry Almond Cookies, their delicious and very almondy which I love being an almond addict. But I suspect they would have been even more fabulous with the dried cherries instead, next time!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:00 am 
Saggy Butt

SchwaGrrrl wrote:
I just made the whole wheat fig bars and the fruitcake bars. Now I only have three recipes to go before I'll have cooked the whole way through the book! Today, I got ingredients for the carob chip cookies. I have a deep-seated fear of carob, but I'm committed to this baking project.

Wow, almost finished the book! You must be a cookie monster :) V.Impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Why thank you! I shall wear my cookie monster status with pride. It may not have been the healthiest of projects, but it's been a whole lot of fun. And I feel weirdly accomplished.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I made the oatmeal peanut butter cookies last night, hot damn they were delicious, we went pretty nuts over them. I am going to make banana ice cream tonight to make ice cream sandwiches with them for the bakesale this weekend. I hope it works out!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:20 pm 
ugh

SchwaGrrrl wrote:
Why thank you! I shall wear my cookie monster status with pride. It may not have been the healthiest of projects, but it's been a whole lot of fun. And I feel weirdly accomplished.

Ha, I hear you. In every cookbook I own that has a list of recipes at the beginning, I check off each recipe as I make it, and it is so satisfying to see a lot of recipes checked off!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

SchwaGrrrl wrote:

Wow. So, with having made so many of the recipes, which of them are your favorites?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next