| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Blendtec or Vitamix
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I saw a demo of the Vitamix at Whole Foods yesterday, and now I'm back to wanting one SO FREAKING BADLY! Lady put cantaloupe in their with seeds and rine, kale with stem, pineapple with core (not rind though!) and blended it up--it all blended! And then I drank it! I drank cantaloupe rind! I had to leave when she started making soup in the Vitamix. No way I could buy food at WF AND a Vitamix.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Thank you all for the fine feedback and for sharing your experiences with both.
I went with the VitaMix. Was at Costco, they guy doing the demo was really sweet, answered all my many questions, and like many here, said that both machines are very good.
The price was about the same as the refurbished one on the VitaMix site, and so far, a week in, I'm loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 am 
Tofu Pup

I am trying to decide between the 2 blenders as well.

I found this Blendtec vs Vitamix comparison awesome! It covers just about everything. It is really helpful.

I'd like to go with a Vitamix compact but it's hard to pull the trigger... I'll likely do a reconditioned for less $$$

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

For anyone still looking to buy, QVC is having a Vitamix today's special value on Sunday, August 28. I don't know if this will be for the larger container, taller version or the newer, more compact version. I bought mine from QVC close to a year ago, & I love it (it's the taller, larger container version)! One great benefit from buying through QVC is they usually offer it on multiple payments (mine was 5)--makes paying for it much easier.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:42 pm 

willwolf wrote:
For anyone still looking to buy, QVC is having a Vitamix today's special value on Sunday, August 28. I don't know if this will be for the larger container, taller version or the newer, more compact version. I bought mine from QVC close to a year ago, & I love it (it's the taller, larger container version)! One great benefit from buying through QVC is they usually offer it on multiple payments (mine was 5)--makes paying for it much easier.

This just rocked my world.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:10 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

To ndpittman and anyone else interested, today, Sunday August 28, is the day that QVC is having the Vitamix Today's Special Value. Go to http://www.qvc.com. The price is $363, with option of breaking it down into 5 payments of $72.60 and free shipping. This is the version that is more compact and fits under cabinets with the smaller 48 oz container (versus the model with the taller 64 oz container). I hope everyone that is finally able to get one enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 am 
Tofu Pup

willwolf wrote:
To ndpittman and anyone else interested, today, Sunday August 28, is the day that QVC is having the Vitamix Today's Special Value. Go to http://www.qvc.com. The price is $363, with option of breaking it down into 5 payments of $72.60 and free shipping. This is the version that is more compact and fits under cabinets with the smaller 48 oz container (versus the model with the taller 64 oz container). I hope everyone that is finally able to get one enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.

I've been waiting for this since you posted about it.

Even at $363 I think I'll go with the Reconditioned Vitamix. Now I need to decide between the 64 oz with 5-year warranty for $359, or 7-year warranty for $379, or the 48 oz with 7-year warranty (2 more than QVC) for $379.

I'm thinking the extra 2 years of warranty is worth the little extra.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:29 am 

I had to order it. I went with QVC because of the 5-easy payments. Only thing, I can't figure out if they're monthly or weekly easy payments! And my mom (the queen of QVC) isn't up yet or isn't answering her phone yet. Either way is fine really, but I'd like to know as I have a very exact budget.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

They're 5 monthly payments.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 pm 

Yep, got through to my mom eventually. I'm really happy about the decision, but I have no idea what husband will say...

Maybe I'll make him a delicious smoothie and he will only say, "Mmm! What a delicious smoothie!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm 
Huffs Nooch

-The Vitamix has a 7-year warranty.
-It comes with a 300 page cookbook. (although maybe not all models)
-I'm so in love, I would have babies with it if I didn't think screwing it would hurt so bad.
-Oh, and it's forking amazeballs.

I apologize if I repeated anyone.

Low(er) Carb Vegan MoFo at Garden Partee!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got a Blendtec today while shopping with a friend at Costco. What should I make first?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

a green smoothie with kale! Or some cashew-based cream sauce! I make this fabulous raw nacho cheese sauce with cashews (that I pre-grind first so they are very fine), then add red bell pepper, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, cayenne and a little bit of water. You could add a little nooch here too. Simple and yummy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations!!
I'd make a smoothie first, then this Raw Cashew Dreamcake, which is awesome and really only doable in a high-speed, high-power blender.
http://mynewroots.blogspot.com/2011/01/ ... mcake.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

Would anybody know if there's a way to get a Vitamix or Blendtec on a payment plan in Canada? Please say yes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

A vote for team Blendtec. LOVE MINE SO MUCH.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The light on the LCD display went out today while I was making rice flour. I waited an hour before I turned it back on again, thinking I may have overwhelmed the motor. The display is still readable if the light hits it correctly. Did I fork it up? It's annoying, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of exchanging or bringing it in for repair since it works perfectly well otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

fatcat wrote:
The light on the LCD display went out today while I was making rice flour. I waited an hour before I turned it back on again, thinking I may have overwhelmed the motor. The display is still readable if the light hits it correctly. Did I fork it up? It's annoying, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of exchanging or bringing it in for repair since it works perfectly well otherwise.

You've had your Blendtec such a short time, I don't think that's acceptable. I think you probably should exchange it. That has never happened with mine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:40 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I recently bought a Blentec after saving for over a year in order to afford it. I love it! So far I've made smoothies, carrot-orange juice, and almond and oat milks. I chose a Blendtec over a Vitamix because it cost $100 less (for new).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 am 
So Totally Yiffy

For those interested in a Blendtec, Costco has reduced the price by $30. Sadly, they are still out of my price range. :-( But, a girl can dream...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I ended up calling customer service last week. After explaining the problem, they sent me a brand new one via UPS and included a return label for my defective one. No hassle at all. That's what I call good customer service.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 pm 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

Search Ebay for "commercial blender" or "industrial blender". A lot of cafes and juice shops go out of business, and the liquidators don't really know what they have on their hands, which is often a Vitamix with one of those plastic splashback hoods that swing over the top.

Also, search "blendtech", a common misspelling; one just ended last week for $59.00 and got zero bids.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm in love with my Blendtec. Apparently when bought at Costco it makes it have an 8 year warranty now, and yeah, it's cheaper now too there. My mom has a Vitamix and it seems like when she was using my Blendtec she liked mine more. I'm all about the preset buttons, and it turns off on its own, so I can go into a different room and do stuff. I see no issues with the lid like someone else in the thread mentioned, it's actually a pretty damn secure feeling seal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I ordered a Vitamix today! I'm getting the Creations GC model in red. QVC had it for $60 less than the Vitamix website plus free shipping, and a 4 month payment plan.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

sameness wrote:
Search Ebay for "commercial blender" or "industrial blender". A lot of cafes and juice shops go out of business, and the liquidators don't really know what they have on their hands, which is often a Vitamix with one of those plastic splashback hoods that swing over the top.

Also, search "blendtech", a common misspelling; one just ended last week for $59.00 and got zero bids.

I just found a new hobby.