| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:51 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Since this is the first post about this show, I will give some info about the show. This is one of the best shows ever. Don't be fooled by the first few episodes, because those were aimed at teens, but then the target audience became 18-34 year olds. If you need to get caught up, I recommend just buying the first season on DVD. You won't regret it and you'll want to rewatch the episodes immediately, so you might as well. I wouldn't have said this before, but now I can honestly say that this show blows True Blood out of the water (the second season is somehow even better than the first and each actor has stepped up his or her game--much better acting than True Blood)!

Anyway, who watched the last episode? WHAT DOES THE MOONSTONE DO?! Apparently a werewolf is needed to use the moonstone. I can't wait for the next episode

Post subject: Re: The Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The last episode was FULL ON! And I love Damon's crazy eye stare.

*Spoilers!*

I actually cried when Elena and Stefan broke up.

I need to know what this forkin' stone does as well. I hope Matt doesn't actually die :/

*End Spoilers!*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:26 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I was so convinced that was Katharine and not Elena during the break up scene. It doesn't count as a spoiler because it already aired.

Matt dying would be BAD. Also? I need more Matt.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

whoa! are you serious? it's not just a dumb teen show? I started that old thread, but that first episode was the only one I ever watched. I've only seen a few eps of true blood, but I didn't like it. Maybe I will have to watch this now! I hope it comes to watch instantly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:39 pm 

ijdi - it gets progressively better (though I admit I liked it from the beginning).

true blood gets better too (well, then worse, then better) but mostly I watched TB because i loved the books so much i wanted more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
whoa! are you serious? it's not just a dumb teen show? I started that old thread, but that first episode was the only one I ever watched. I've only seen a few eps of true blood, but I didn't like it. Maybe I will have to watch this now! I hope it comes to watch instantly.

im the first to admit when i watch crepe shows, but seriously VD is forking good now! ill leave you with the greatest scene ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RlgUwuwzk. i cant remember who posted it in the last thread, but i watch this clip all the time. and post it on my friends walls once a week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 am 

ijustdiedinside wrote:

I am 100% serious! So not a dumb teen show. It really is targeted toward 18-34 year olds (the CW cares most about ratings in that age bracket). You need to give it another shot, because it really does get progressively better. The second season is blowing my mind (the first season is still amazing, but it really does get better each episode).

rocklobster wrote:
im the first to admit when i watch crepe shows, but seriously VD is forking good now! ill leave you with the greatest scene ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RlgUwuwzk. i cant remember who posted it in the last thread, but i watch this clip all the time. and post it on my friends walls once a week.

Yes, I posted that! I have made so many people watch this scene

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
I was so convinced that was Katharine and not Elena during the break up scene. It doesn't count as a spoiler because it already aired.

Me too and I am convinced that Caroline's mum was faking being ... what's the word, glamoured or whatever it is.

And I only did the spoiler thing because recently I got called out on a spoiler, 5 days after the show aired, lolz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Kitteh wrote:

Me too and I am convinced that Caroline's mum was faking being ... what's the word, glamoured or whatever it is.

Yep! Agreed! Totally. And poor Caroline.

I love this show. This is the show I get most excited for now a days. So much happens, holy crepe! People you think are main characters dying left and right. I am consistently wrong and what I think is going to happen in this show, which is awesome.

Also, the Moonstone. Will it control all the werewolves? Allow a werewolf to transform/not transform whenever they want?

Also also, does anyone else think that since Jeremy has that special reviving ring, and Tyler needs to kill someone to become a werewolf, they might team up to make Tyler into a werewolf without *really* killing someone?

Triple Also, a werewolf lady is totally gonna come into the show and Jeremy is gonna fall for her. My prediction!

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 am 

I was convinced that Katherine was really Elena when she went to meet Stefan at the well. In the books, Katherine locked Stefan in the well. Oh and I also was wondering if it was Katherine breaking up with Stefan, but I think it was because of her makeup.

I thought that Liz was lying and was going to kill Caroline or have Stefan and Damon killed once she was released.

The moonstone (IF the legend is even true--which I sort of have doubts about--it probably does something else and Katherine knows what) would make it so a werewolf could be a werewolf whenever or never. So if Tyler became one and he decides to never transform, he would never have to, and if he decided to transform at 3PM every day, he could.

I could see Jeremy getting with a werewolf girl or with Damon.

So who will die next?! Maybe Liz? I feel like after what happened with Caroline, she's not really needed anymore. I can't see what purpose she would serve on the show, even though I like her and want her to stay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Quote:
Also also, does anyone else think that since Jeremy has that special reviving ring, and Tyler needs to kill someone to become a werewolf, they might team up to make Tyler into a werewolf without *really* killing someone?

Oh, man, this is a great idea! I was kind of bummed they killed off Mason so quickly - I liked him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 pm 
protein lump

i missed last week's episode and i keep forgetting to watch it online.

oh well. i totally love the show. it's different enough from the books that i still find it interesting and obviously it's keeping me guessing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:37 am 

Holy crepe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight's episode was the greatest yet. So much happened! There were so many things that happened that I wasn't expecting. It really felt like a finale, because it was so action-packed.

I really need to know more about this doppelganger business! I think Katherine was telling the truth at the very end about how Elena needs to be protected

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bastah wrote:
Holy crepe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight's episode was the greatest yet. So much happened! There were so many things that happened that I wasn't expecting. It really felt like a finale, because it was so action-packed.

I really need to know more about this doppelganger business! I think Katherine was telling the truth at the very end about how Elena needs to be protected

WOAH!!! that was totally like a finale! omg the best episode yet!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i've watched all but 3 episodes in less than 2 weeks. i am definitely addicted. can't wait till i have time to watch the last three, so i can sit on my hands every week and wait for the next episode.

i am totally in love with damon. he might be evil, but he's hot and evil so it's okay.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm 

I'm an episode behind.

Damon is so the best! And this whole Jeremy/Bonnie thing I totally approve of somehow even though it was totally out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:39 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
And this whole Jeremy/Bonnie thing I totally approve of somehow even though it was totally out of nowhere.

Yeah, it seems to be developing, I wonder if they'll actually go there.

Last weeks ep was great, I kept wanting them to stake Katherine already but I realise they can't/won't.

So how come the old vampire guy, Elijah, won't die even after being staked, just because he's mega old?

Also, I felt sorry for Damon when he told Elena he loved her, I cried (I blame PMS!)

And, why did Bonnie use Jeremy's blood when they all know Elena is adopted?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:38 am 

Kitteh wrote:
appifanie wrote:
And this whole Jeremy/Bonnie thing I totally approve of somehow even though it was totally out of nowhere.

Yeah, it seems to be developing, I wonder if they'll actually go there.

Last weeks ep was great, I kept wanting them to stake Katherine already but I realise they can't/won't.

So how come the old vampire guy, Elijah, won't die even after being staked, just because he's mega old?

Also, I felt sorry for Damon when he told Elena he loved her, I cried (I blame PMS!)

Yeah, I don't mind Bonnie and Jeremy together too much. One nice thing about it is that it moves her a bit into the foreground.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Elijah. Maybe he has a ring of invincibility.

I watched that Damon and Elena scene four times. I kind of wonder what's really going on between those two in real life.

Jeremy and Elena are still related though since Jeremy's uncle is Elena's dad. They're cousins!

Next week's ep is another one that looks like a finale! Seriously, this season is incredible... hardly any filler! Just action! I'm wondering if Katherine really is evil or not, because she seems OK in the preview where Elena and her have a heart-to-heart.

I really wonder if we're going to meet the original since Katherine and Elena are doppelgangers of someone else!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

This show is like cocaine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I havent given this show a chance yet...I'm wondering if it will be my cup of tea. But I do like being human.

Bananas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm 

Kitteh wrote:

Why wouldn't they just behead him? Are they morons?

It was really sweet. Also, that scene made me worried that Dobrev is a little thin.

And thanks to bastah for explaining, or else I would have thought the creators assumed WE were morons, cause I forgot that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bastah to VD is like what joanna was for lost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm so confused about all the doppelganger stuff! I guess they'll explain more in future episodes. It really felt like this past episode started a completely new season, though - it was such a big departure from the first part of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bastah wrote:
Jeremy and Elena are still related though since Jeremy's uncle is Elena's dad. They're cousins!

Thanks, I was sure I was forgetting something and I was only half paying attention when I watched this ep.

And you might be right about Elijah having a ring or maybe something that makes him unable to be killed.

appifanie wrote:
Why wouldn't they just behead him? Are they morons?

It was really sweet. Also, that scene made me worried that Dobrev is a little thin.

And thanks to bastah for explaining, or else I would have thought the creators assumed WE were morons, cause I forgot that.

Haha, yes they are morons! I felt the same way in the scene with Katherine last episode

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I downloaded the books. I'm so embarrassed to admit it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next