| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:05 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I didn't see a thread yet!

I just made the banana everything cookies for the first time with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts. Holy cow are they good! seriously, they are perfect.

Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My favorites are the cherry almond & peanut butter chocolate pillows.

And the plain ol' chocolate chip cookies might be the best I've had...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I love the banana everything cookies and make them a lot.

I made the mocha mamas at last today - really nice texture and taste. They remind me of a cookie we used to make when I was a kid but I haven't been able to place it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows.. Yum! I usually make a double batch and freeze half.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 pm 

Arisaig wrote:
I love the banana everything cookies and make them a lot.

I made the mocha mamas at last today - really nice texture and taste. They remind me of a cookie we used to make when I was a kid but I haven't been able to place it yet.

I can't believe I hadn't made the banana everythings befoer today. they are totally perfect! i loooove banana cookies. Probably related to the fact that when I was first vegan I thought banana was the only way to replace eggs in recipes so everything I made tasted like bananas and I have really fond memories of tollhouse cookies with banana!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:18 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

You know what people like? Pignoli Almond Cookies. I only made these because it was a friend's birthday and I had all the ingredients on hand. People freaked over them. I mean, I thought they were really good, but apparently pignoli almond cookies are a thing that I never knew about and everyone kept telling me that they reminded them of something they used to get in a bakery some where some time. So highly recommended.
The regular chocolate chip cookies are also really good, the brownies, and the cream cheese brownies are amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My boyfriend gets borderline violent when I make something from that book that isn't peanut butter chocolate pillows. As far as he's concerned, there are no other recipes than that one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I think this is my favorite cookbook of all time! I just counted and I have 31 recipes checked off on the table of contents, so I've made almost 1/3 of the recipes so far. I will never need another chocolate chip cookie or brownie recipe as long as I live—so good. I also really love the gingerbread biscotti, grapefruit icebox cookies, chocolate chip chai spice shortbread, and tahini lime cookies.

Sounds like I gotta try the pignoli almond cookies now, because I like to freak out over cookies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:20 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm crazy about the Linzertorte thumbprint cookies. They remind me of cookies my mom made when I was a kid. I also love the chocolaty crinkle cookies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

von m wrote:
I'm crazy about the Linzertorte thumbprint cookies. They remind me of cookies my mom made when I was a kid. I also love the chocolaty crinkle cookies.

I can't wait to make the Linzertorte cookies. Thumbprints have been my new obsession lately, even more than chocolate! Do they taste really hazelnutty, though? I'm more of an almond fan and am afraid I won't like them if the hazelnut taste is overwhelming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

von m wrote:

I can't wait to make the Linzertorte cookies. Thumbprints have been my new obsession lately, even more than chocolate! Do they taste really hazelnutty, though? I'm more of an almond fan and am afraid I won't like them if the hazelnut taste is overwhelming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

ScooterDiva wrote:
von m wrote:

I love hazelnut so it's probably hard for me to say if the taste is overwhelming. It may be for you since the batter is made with hazelnut butter and they are rolled in hazelnuts. I once made them with almond butter because I ran out of the other, still rolling them in hazelnuts, and they were fantastic. Maybe make an all almond version if you're worried? I'm sure they would be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

For every day, the Banana Everything cookies are my favourite.
For special treats, I'm torn between the PB Crisscrosses and the more decadent PB Chocolate Pillows.
Of course the PB Chocolate Pillows have the additional advantage that they can turn sceptic omnis into drooling slaves... ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 am 
Be afraid... be very afraid

(For the love of) Fruit cake bars define the holiday season for me. I switch out the dried fruits, and add candied ginger and chocolate chunks. Mr. LL and I have been known to demolish an entire pan while still warm from the oven.

Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles are easy and fabulous.

Citrus glitters are easy and slightly fancy because it's citrus in dessert. And they glitter.

Pumpkin pie brownies are another fall favorite and travel well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:14 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

The peanut butter oatmeal cookies! *drools*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:53 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Guys, check out this blog http://madcapcupcake.wordpress.com/, cause her Vegan MoFo project is all about baking cookies from VCIYCJ! And the pictures are awesome.

eta: And I've made the Banana Breakfast Oatmeal cookies (which I never tried because I gave them all to a friend!), Chocolaty Crinkles (went over fantastically with everyone I gave them to), PB Crisscrosses, Deluxe Cocoa Brownies (this. brownie. fudgy and good), PB Blondies, Choc Chip Cookies and the Kitchen Sink Chocolate Biscotti (which I added cashews and dried figs to). Everything's been delicious!

Last edited by teddyplanet on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 am 

LebaLu wrote:
(For the love of) Fruit cake bars define the holiday season for me. I switch out the dried fruits, and add candied ginger and chocolate chunks. Mr. LL and I have been known to demolish an entire pan while still warm from the oven.

Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles are easy and fabulous.

Citrus glitters are easy and slightly fancy because it's citrus in dessert. And they glitter.

Pumpkin pie brownies are another fall favorite and travel well.

i love all these too! i make the citrus glitters all the time! i really like to make them grapefruit flavored because they remind me of those sparkly grapefruit gems candy.

and i looove the fruit cake bars! is it possible to find candied fruits that aren't all dye and corn syrup?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Everything I've made has been delicious: chocolate chip cookies, peanut apple pretzel drops, peanut butter blondies, espresso fudge brownies, city girl snickerdoodles, blackstrap gingersnaps, peanut butter chocolate pillows, chocolate fudgy oatmeal cookies... I'm sure I've made other things too, and they've all been delicious! Next on my list is the graham crackers, I can't find them without honey in them around here so I definitely want to make my own!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:38 am 
Nailed to the V

I just made the peanut butter chocolate pillows today and they were divine. Little heavenly clouds in my mouth. I can't believe it took me this long to try them. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:31 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

teddyplanet wrote:
Guys, check out this blog http://madcapcupcake.wordpress.com/, cause her Vegan MoFo project is all about baking cookies from VCIYCJ! And the pictures are awesome.

I've been following this! SO cool and such great pics.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:36 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

mmm peanut butter chocolate pillows, I am making these tomorrow with a chocolate hating omni friend. I am going to BLOW HER MIND!

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:16 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

LOVE the oatmeal chocolate fudgy cookies. and the pumpkin brownies.

i've been thinking of making the linzertorte thumbprints, but instead of jam, using a mint chocolate drop. do nuts and mint go together?

i've been craving gingerbread cookies so i think i will do that soooooon! make gingerbread men..

love the pignoli cookies, too. though a co-worker of mine thought they were CORN cookies.. she thought they tasted like corn, and that the pinenuts on top were corn pieces. ??? she was the only one though.

ETA: The cherry almond cookies are THE BEST, too! the dough and final cookie texture is wonderful. i use that as a base for other flavors quite often...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 am 
Bathes in Braggs

icy, we make thumbprint cookies at Christmas rolled in nuts and with mint jelly inside - delicious.

I adore the cherry almond cookies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

I made the Sell Your Soul Pumpkin Cookies and the Espresso Chip Oatmeal Cookies tonight. The pumpkin cookies are so so good. Love them.

The espresso dough was really really wet . . . way too wet to hold together. I ended up adding quite a bit of extra flour to get to a more manageable consistency. I measured everything carefully, but I used rolled oats instead of quick-cooking oats. Could that have been the problem? In any case, with the extra flour, the cookies look exactly like the picture in the book and they are AWESOME. They're my caffeine-and-chocolate-loving husband's new favorite cookie!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:23 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I absolutely adore the carrot spices chewies. I make them all the time.
Second best are the banana everything cookies.
I have made other things out of it, but I always come back to these two.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next