| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 143  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

melanie wrote:
I have one vague and useless crush. It's more annoying than anything, and I don't even logically agree with it.

I've had plenty of those.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Oh, more on topic, I recently had a fun crush but the other day I saw him and he had this awful, awful mustache that made it difficult for my heart to bone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Bun wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
Bun wrote:
Told him how I feel about him, got rejected. Jee, what a surprise. No longer crushing, just crushed.

Oh boo big old pile of crepe! :( I'm sorry Bun. He is clearly a giant loser idiot. I'd pay cold hard cash for a PPKer to like me.

Does this count as soliciting?

In my heart of hearts, I am always soliciting every PPKer. It is why I fear actually meeting other PPKers--I may be struck dumb by the sudden eruption of a heart boner!

Also, thanks Guy Burgess. I have decided that perhaps acting my age and actually talking to him is a rather smart idea, and since it's the approach I usually DON'T take, perhaps I might try something new for a change!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a crush on a guy at work. I work in the organic/natural section of a grocery store . . . he works in dairy. How's that for irony? My department actually works really closely with his because they have the "organic milk" and "cage-free eggs."

But guys, he's super adorable and always acts happy to see me when we cross paths. And I think he actually makes a point of talking to me. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

starrynight87 wrote:
melanie wrote:
I have one vague and useless crush. It's more annoying than anything, and I don't even logically agree with it.

I've had plenty of those.

Oh hi, story of my life./

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:14 pm 

I have a crush on two separate pizza boys.
One that works in the pizza place I actually go to, and he looks like he's about 21, so I'm afraid to have an extended conversation with him because I think he'll be all "blah blah, video games..." and I'll be all... "nevermind"
The other works at a pizza place I walk past on my way to the subway every day, and we make eyes at each other. He also looks too young for me... but a girl* can dream.

*grown woman who should stop eyeballing 18 year olds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 am 
Not NOT A Furry

DarthCupcake wrote:
Also, thanks Guy Burgess. I have decided that perhaps acting my age and actually talking to him is a rather smart idea, and since it's the approach I usually DON'T take, perhaps I might try something new for a change!

I hope it goes well! I find this stuff to be daunting but definitely the best way of approaching these things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 am 
Dildo Queen

on the weekend i danced with this guy who was dressed like the joker but was wearing a mask rather than makeup, (but took it off a couple times) and he'd made it himself. he was really forking sexy and i liked dancing with him. god he was hot. hopefully i see him there again some time... daaaaayum

is it bad that i'm still thinking about him? i mean i was drunk and he was probably drunk too but i want to dance with him again
he
was
so
hot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:16 pm 

semiautomatic wrote:
on the weekend i danced with this guy who was dressed like the joker but was wearing a mask rather than makeup, (but took it off a couple times) and he'd made it himself. he was really forking sexy and i liked dancing with him. god he was hot. hopefully i see him there again some time... daaaaayum

is it bad that i'm still thinking about him? i mean i was drunk and he was probably drunk too but i want to dance with him again
he
was
so
hot

Post a Missed Connection for him!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:34 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

mishka wrote:
Friend-crushing. It's pretty awesome. If a little confusing at times.

...especially when you can't figure out whether you're friend-crushing or crushing-crushing. Which seems to be the story of my life right now. Luckily, we kind of discussed it, and it's where we both are, so we'll find out together.

I finally saw him play piano last night. I knew he played, I didn't know he was BRILLIANT. Seriously, if I didn't feel frission before, I'm feeling it now. He's making me dinner Saturday night. He was all cute about it, saying "So, I was thinking about making some vegan food," all offhand like it was nothing... I'm quietly really excited about it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Jessthemess, that is adorable! I hope you guys have fun!

So StupidCrush and I were emailing (I told him about how I was trying to generate awareness for a local non-profit that I really care about and he posted info about it for others to see AND donated to them, without me asking!) and I apologized for being kinda mopey the last time I saw him and said if he'd be willing to spend some time with me, I'd promise to be more fun. He said yesterday that yes, he would like to see me again, when did I want to do something? So I wrote back with the two days I definitely couldn't, my preferred day (but saying that I understand he's busy, so this close to Saturday I totally get it if he already had plans and I'm flexible), and two suggestions of things to do (both things we had previously talked about wanting to do).

He normally emails me back within a few hours, but it's now been well over a day and I'm afraid he's ignoring me. I know I'm probably being horribly irrational, but goddammit. Waaahhh! I'm insecure.

But whatever. I will get over it. I'm thinking I am clearly too neurotic to be involved with anyone anyways, so I should probably drop it.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a heart boner for a guy, but its weird because the conversations we have never feel quite.. comfortable? I have no idea, but its fine for now. keeps my mind of guy who is creepily just trying to sleep with me. urgh.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

DarthCupcake wrote:
Jessthemess, that is adorable! I hope you guys have fun!

So StupidCrush and I were emailing (I told him about how I was trying to generate awareness for a local non-profit that I really care about and he posted info about it for others to see AND donated to them, without me asking!) and I apologized for being kinda mopey the last time I saw him and said if he'd be willing to spend some time with me, I'd promise to be more fun. He said yesterday that yes, he would like to see me again, when did I want to do something? So I wrote back with the two days I definitely couldn't, my preferred day (but saying that I understand he's busy, so this close to Saturday I totally get it if he already had plans and I'm flexible), and two suggestions of things to do (both things we had previously talked about wanting to do).

He normally emails me back within a few hours, but it's now been well over a day and I'm afraid he's ignoring me. I know I'm probably being horribly irrational, but goddammit. Waaahhh! I'm insecure.

But whatever. I will get over it. I'm thinking I am clearly too neurotic to be involved with anyone anyways, so I should probably drop it.

We're all neurotic in one way or another. Don't give up because of that. Unless, of course, you feel the need to spend some one-on-one time with yourself and the amazing person you are in order to figure yourself out. Cuz that's totally worthwhile, too. Also: Has he written back yet?

Thank you for your cheers of support. It was perfect. Does it still count as a crush if it's mutual and we acknowledge and act on it? Am I allowed to come here and post about how giddy and girly I suddenly am all the time? Or would that be obnoxious?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OKAY.
Lately i've been getting lots of crushes on ladies. mostly queerfembikepunx I see around town. This is both awesome and weird, since I'm pretty sure i'm in to dudes

Anywhoodle, I would like to make out with like 20 different ladies i've seen in the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
OKAY.
Lately i've been getting lots of crushes on ladies. mostly queerfembikepunx I see around town. This is both awesome and weird, since I'm pretty sure i'm in to dudes

Anywhoodle, I would like to make out with like 20 different ladies i've seen in the last few weeks.

Samesies! Except I know that I'm not just into "dudes". I'm into people. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Phoenix wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
OKAY.

Samesies! Except I know that I'm not just into "dudes". I'm into people. :)

yeah, I like to think that i'm in to people, but I've tried to make it work a couple times with ladies, and I just...can't.
booo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I am another one with a too-young crush.

He may not actually be any younger than me, I don't know for sure, but he's definitely still in school and I've been out of school for two years (I'm 18, he's either 17 or 18...).

In the meantime, he ignores me and seems to have a platonic man-crush on my boyfriend, who he talks to ALL THE TIME. My boyfriend finds him annoying, I find him adorable.

Hmmmm...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 am 
Thinks Stonewall's jerquee tastes GREAT!

jessthemess wrote:
mishka wrote:
Friend-crushing. It's pretty awesome. If a little confusing at times.

...especially when you can't figure out whether you're friend-crushing or crushing-crushing. Which seems to be the story of my life right now. Luckily, we kind of discussed it, and it's where we both are, so we'll find out together.

This is where I'm at too except we haven't discussed it yet...But I figure any kind of crush is exciting, even if just a friend-crush!
She's Italian and speaks English poorly and we both speak German okay. But I asked her if she wanted to go out to get drinks, and even though she had had 8 hours of classes that day and had to study all next day, she made it work.
And when we were walking there under the same umbrella, she linked her arm in mine. And she paid for my drinks. And I ended up sleeping over because no more busses were running and I couldn't walk home and we cuddled for a little bit!!

But now it's been a weekend and she hasn't really contacted me at all, and I don't know what to do! I feel like I've texted her already twice. I wanna see if she texts me first....sighswoon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

"Heart boner" is such a brilliant term, thanks Boober!

I'm crushing hard right now and I hate it. I've met the guy maybe half a dozen times in as many years and every forking time I get this huuuuge crush on him. Oh well. This too shall pass. Also, I'm in a relationship. How do those of you in relationships handle crushing on others?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have an enormous geeky crush on my boyfriend. Honestly, I couldn't imagine crushing on anyone else now that I've met him.

swoon.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

NEVER EVER EVER crush on someone from your school or uni. It gets extremely awkward when it ends.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

fruitbat wrote:
How do those of you in relationships handle crushing on others?

I encourage my boyfriend to have crushes on other people, because I have crushes on approximately everyone in the world. He knows I'm coming home (to the house we bought together) to him and vice versa, so there's no problem. I've been boy-crazy my entire life and emotional monogamy is not my speed.
My biggest crush was probably my tattoo artist, who is a sweet, tender-hearted, meticulous, and obscenely attractive space cadet with whom I was probably spending way too much time about a year ago. It's probably for the best that he dropped off the face of the earth when he found a girlfriend, because damn. Runners-up include the entire Doomtree collective and the singers of nearly all of my favorite bands, though I have been hankering for a real-life crush that I could arduously compile mix CDs for and get all shifty-eyed and shaky around. Crushes make the world go 'round.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:30 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

stephanie wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
How do those of you in relationships handle crushing on others?

I encourage my boyfriend to have crushes on other people, because I have crushes on approximately everyone in the world. He knows I'm coming home (to the house we bought together) to him and vice versa, so there's no problem. I've been boy-crazy my entire life and emotional monogamy is not my speed.
My biggest crush was probably my tattoo artist, who is a sweet, tender-hearted, meticulous, and obscenely attractive space cadet with whom I was probably spending way too much time about a year ago. It's probably for the best that he dropped off the face of the earth when he found a girlfriend, because damn. Runners-up include the entire Doomtree collective and the singers of nearly all of my favorite bands, though I have been hankering for a real-life crush that I could arduously compile mix CDs for and get all shifty-eyed and shaky around. Crushes make the world go 'round.

I think my relationship is angsty enough as it is... The boyfriend already told me I'm "totally his [this guy's] type" (whatever that's supposed to mean) so I don't want to admit I have a crush on him. I don't usually have crushes which, I guess, is why this is hard for me. I just wish my best friend didn't live 500 miles away because I could really use some friendtime right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

nevermind!

Last edited by paprikapapaya on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a new heart boner.

Its great! because it will probably never go anywhere, but he's a really adorable and cool guy and I also have an equal friendcrush oh him.
eeeee!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 143  Next