| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Depo Provera The Needle any thoughts or experiences?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was on it for four years. Gained 80 pounds and totally lost my sex drive. Whats the point of BC if you never want to have sex?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

B_A_D wrote:
yeah I might look into it. In the end it doesn't matter which method I use they all carrying the risk of being ineffective and therefore super creepy.

what? bc is pretty darn effective. combine with a condom and you might feel more covered? I'm also coming here after a pharmacology lecture on bc so I'll remind everyone taking Depo to watch their calcium. no weak bones!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I am 35 and have been on it since I was 18. I was the only person after a year to not gain weight of the first group of people to get it at my doctors office. I actually lost weight around the time. My period stopped 100% when I was 19 and I never had any problems! I have a family history of mental illness so I can't blame depo and I have been med free for almost 2 years. I do have bad weeks but I push through as far as depression. I got my shot yesterday and I do feel like I want to break things but I felt that way last week too.
Last year my current doctor said since I still look like a girl she isn't going to convince me to stop. Except now I am starting to worry about the bone loss. Another issue.... since time is running out.... do I have time to get this out of my system if I do want to have kids?....not that I have someone to have kids with but well you know....
I will die if I ever have to get my period again.
Now my best friend had 2 shots and she gained 30 lbs and had horrible every day bleeding. The mustache was what made her stop.
I tell everyone I am extremly lucky and most people should not take Depo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 am 
Chard Martyr

Puma wrote:
I am 35 and have been on it since I was 18.

I'm shocked that your doctor would let you be on it for so long due to the bone density loss issue. I thought mine was pushing it with four years! Like you, I never want my period again after being spoiled for so long without having one. When I questioned the doctor about it at my last annual exam, he said that the only time it's problematic is if I want to try to have children, at which time they would start some form of hormones I think? I wasn't really paying attention because it's not something I want.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Meggs wrote:
Puma wrote:
I am 35 and have been on it since I was 18.

I'm shocked that your doctor would let you be on it for so long due to the bone density loss issue. I thought mine was pushing it with four years! Like you, I never want my period again after being spoiled for so long without having one. When I questioned the doctor about it at my last annual exam, he said that the only time it's problematic is if I want to try to have children, at which time they would start some form of hormones I think? I wasn't really paying attention because it's not something I want.

I had expected to just show up on day and be told no more about 4 years ago. It never happened. I was using the 10 year for the Norplant as a guide. I guess when any long term person stops they get the option of regular birth control in a higher dose to regulate them-I didn't pay too much attention either. I was just trying to act like I wanted to be informed but all I wanted was to keep getting the shot.
The doctor has told me I need to be very aware of the calcium issue-which I am very bad about- and said with me the damage is pretty much done. I just hope since I had no other issues I don't have that either. This is the main reason I am not considering becoming 100% vegan-I need all the calcium I can get. The sad part is even if they showed me I have huge bone loss I wouldn't stop-but had I got a mustache that is a different story!
They tried to almost trick me into getting that implanon implant. A friend who had been on depo long term got it and had problems so I refused.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

I had that about 10 years ago. Hated it. Spotting, headaches, no sex drive (yow) and overall not pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I had it for a year, gained 10 pounds, lost my sex drive entirely, and it exacerbated my depression and anxiety. I had some of these side effects the year prior when I was on the pill, so I think hormones in general do it to me, but depo was worse worse worse.