| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: My partner is so awesome thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:15 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

On Monday Nate took Grey for a three hour hike. I got to make cookies and knit. It was blissful. A couple weeks before I went to Michigan I had a cold and had a little meltdown and was considering staying in Michigan longer. (not leaving Nate or anything, I just didn't want to be here right then) anyway, I basically told him he needed to be around more and help out more.he is an awesome dad but has had a hard time adapting to the fact that we have a baby and he can't ride his bike every minute he is awake. He promised that he would help more and "be a father even when it was inconvenient" (that part killed me, cause you know being a parent has been super convenient and fun every single moment, right?) since we have been back he has been super helpful and he has been around a ton more.

This morning I mentioned how I was jealous that in a couple weeks he is going on a bike ride with a inch of our friends and that even if I didn't have grey I wouldnt be able to go, cause no bike still, which is a whole other story, and he said he wouldn't go. Of course, that isn't the issue and I want him to go, but it was nice to have him be supportive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

W have this awesome ice cream shop in town called Scoop. It closes for a month every winter and it is very sad. They reopened a few days ago and I haven't made it over there yet. Nate just went to get me ice cream. They always have a vegan flavor and a sorbet. I am pretty excited even though I am freezing and sitting directly in front of the space heater.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 am 
Naked Under Apron

I'm green with envy!! I haven't even found vegan ice cream in the health food/vegan-friendly stores here. I made my own once, but I kept forgetting to go and stir it and it turned into a creamy ice block instead. ;p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I am glad this thread is still going.
We had a massive fight (over something not so stupid) and didn't talk for almost a week. Then, for the first time in 14 (?!) years, my partner apologized. This is a big deal. Apologies are something he doesn't usually do, and so this was really, really impressive and quite appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:22 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Torque, that is awesome! Nate and I had a fight the other day and when he came home from work he apologized and said I was right! Oh, what a great feeling.

He brought me grapefruit sorbet, it was awesome. I should also mention that this place changes their flavors with the seasons and use local, organic ingredients for everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:58 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Rob has been an absolute hero for the past month. I've been able to do almost nothing productive since the worst of the pregnancy nausea and fatigue set in, and he has picked up all the slack—and then some! He's cooking, doing laundry, wrangling Westley, making sure I always have a snack and a full water cup... And he does it with a good attitude (99% of the time). I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the help and attention, honestly!

Today, at Trader Joe's, I was hemming and hawing over paying almost $1.50 each for Pure bars, and he said, "Whatever sounds good and keeps you fed, baby."

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

He sent me flowers at work! I'm a critical ex florist, and they were nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:11 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Noelle, that's awesome. I have to say, I really value this about my husband and wish I were better at reciprocating the sentiment! Since V's birth he has been incredibly understanding about coming home to a messy house, no dinner, no groceries, and only a semi-copacetic baby to show for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 pm 

He dyed my hair for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Solipsistnation has been getting up with the Emperor in the morning and letting me continue sleeping with the baby. That is awesome.

He has also really been stepping up and making sure that the Emperor gets lots and lots of attention and one on one time. And then he swapped off with me today and took the baby for an hour while the Emperor and I went to storytime at the library.

He's pretty good at this dad thing.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

coldandsleepy wrote:
Solipsistnation has been getting up with the Emperor in the morning and letting me continue sleeping with the baby. That is awesome.

He has also really been stepping up and making sure that the Emperor gets lots and lots of attention and one on one time. And then he swapped off with me today and took the baby for an hour while the Emperor and I went to storytime at the library.

Hearing about awesome dads/husbands like this makes me so happy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Kelly wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:

Hearing about awesome dads/husbands like this makes me so happy.

That is really awesome.

Nate emptied and refilled the dishwasher. I am so in love with him right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My partner makes the best pancakes on Sundays. Today he made half with white chocolate chips and half with butterscotch chips for me. Mmm they were so good!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Pancakes, mmmmm.

Nate and grey are out on a hike. The last couple nits have been rough with sleep. Nate is awesome because even though he has been working a million hours a week he took grey so I could have some alone time at the house. I am knitting but I am thinking to clean a little. I will also return the favor to him and give him some alone time. I think we are both really looking forward to our upcoming vacation. Today is the kind of day when I really wish we had family close by so we could drop grey off for a couple hours and just spend some time together. I miss Nate a lot and I miss sleep and I wish that I could sometimes not compare how little sleep I get to how little sleep he gets because it isn't fair of me to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My partner made me lactation cookies last night!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm 
Semen Strong

That is awesome!!!

My partner took our maternity photos and our first family photos and put them into frames for us as my V-Day present. We had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. They were yum.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

aww my sweetie and I are about to celebrate 7 years together next month. 7! To me, that's a VERY long time haha. Our lives have changed so much - while at heart I feel we are pretty much the same people, we've gone from hard partying punx to total shut-ins, but honestly, we just enjoy each others company so much. I try to make sure we don't veer into co-dependency territory but we miss eachother during the 8 hours I'm at work and spend the rest of our time just being near each other.
We are celebrating this silly holiday with dinner AND a small cake from The Cinnamon Snail! I hope this day flies by so I can go home.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm 

Flowers! ANDDDD they are anemones and green hydranga he gets me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

fupapack wrote:
He dyed my hair for me!

fupapack wrote:

!!! Where did you find this guy? He sounds like a keeper.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:31 pm 

veganna wrote:
fupapack wrote:
He dyed my hair for me!

fupapack wrote:

!!! Where did you find this guy? He sounds like a keeper.

I think he was hatched out of an egg. He told me yesterday he hasn't eaten meat in a week and a half!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:18 am 
Naked Under Apron

fupapack wrote:
I think he was hatched out of an egg. He told me yesterday he hasn't eaten meat in a week and a half!!!

Awesome!!!!

My husband (vegetarian) decided to only eat vegan food at home and in front of the kids (which means he is pretty much vegan but reserves the right to sneakily eat a non-vegan pastry if he finds one on clearance at the co-op). Not eating cheese for him is a huge deal.

Also, he has agreed to watch the kids while I go out by myself and get a haircut. This is a huge deal because it means I'll be gone for at least 3 hours* and he's never watched both kids that long by himself.

* We live in the middle of nowhere and have no car and it is an hour by bus to get to the nearest hairdressers anywhere.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:26 am 

how old are your babies?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:36 pm 
Naked Under Apron

fupapack wrote:
how old are your babies?

My kids will be 2 and 4 in May.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

wooo my sweetie whipped up some seitan pastrami yesterday because I was intensely, randomly craving SOMETHING to eat with mustard on faux-Triscuits (I know, gross!) Then he took Dahlia to the park for an hour and holy crepe, I was HOME ALONE for a whole hour! that hasn't happened very often, and certainly not in the last 6 months or so. I took the opportunity to do absolutely nothing, and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Nate and his parents took turns holding grey while we were out at dinner. I got to eat a whole meal without holding a baby and without having to mush up my food to share. It was blissful.

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next