| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet peeves
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:44 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Obsessive sniffing. I have to control myself not to throw a box of tissues at the person. My husband and son both sniff more than I can handle. And I'm not talking about when they have a cold, it's all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Maggie Muggins wrote:
Sitcoms drive me batty. There seems to be a common occurrence of people coming in the front door and then leaving it open, seriously, when you come home do you just leave your bloody front door wide open?

Yes, I hate this. They even did it in the first episode of The Walking Dead. There are zombies out there! Seriously, if that's not a reason to close the door then I don't know what is. It completely shattered the realism of the show for me. No one that stupid could have survived a zombie apocalypse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:08 pm 
Tofu Pup

Slurping and loud chewing. I’m getting twitchy just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Abelskiver wrote:
People whisper in your classes? Seems like in mine they talk regular volume. It bothers me that they do it and that the teacher doesn't tell them to STFU. I even emailed a teacher once and asked that they please shush the talkers cuz it was distracting, they were super nice about it and kept the class in line after that but I felt like a huge bossy crasshole so I've never done it since.

They talk regular volume in the back during the one big class I have, but most of my class are puny, I guess they know there's no way anyone can pretend not to hear them then. My favourite prof is the one who threatens to kick out anyone who has conversation whispers.

I just really hate the squeaks and hisses people make when whispering.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Fee wrote:
I find that really hard. My boss thanks me for everything and I would feel totally awkward saying "you're welcome" for doing what I never thought twice about doing. Like some times she'll thank me for telling her that I won't be coming in on some day. Or for checking in some books. "No problem" is easiest, also followed up with "you do realize that you guys pay me, right?"

I say no problem also at work especially when a customer says thank you. It's my job to help you find that sweater or ring you up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 pm 

Oh and I hate when people in sitcoms don't pout anything into the cup or only pour a little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 pm 

Oh and on facebook when you check your notifications and the little number doesn't go away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:28 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

phee wrote:
Oh and on facebook when you check your notifications and the little number doesn't go away

Ugh. This. All week its been doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I can't stand people who go to the self-checkout line at the grocery store with tons of items and no clue how to self-check. (Or, they know how to use the system but they are SUPER slow at it.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 pm 
Chard Martyr

I know that everyone does this at some point, and that some people just aren't ready for change yet, BUT.... lately there seems to be an abundance of people in my life who come to me and complain about [love life, weight, baby daddy, job, etc.] and ask me "how can I change it? What would you do? Please help!" So I share what I can. I don't have experience with some of those things, so I try to be helpful and not pushy. They seem receptive, happy, whatever, and then the next day or two, it's like deja vu or groundhog day (the movie)... repeat, repeat, repeat.

If you don't want to change, that's cool, but please stop complaining to me and asking me for advice. I don't like talking to walls, and I like to try to stay positive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Abelskiver wrote:
People whisper in your classes? Seems like in mine they talk regular volume. It bothers me that they do it and that the teacher doesn't tell them to STFU. I even emailed a teacher once and asked that they please shush the talkers cuz it was distracting, they were super nice about it and kept the class in line after that but I felt like a huge bossy crasshole so I've never done it since.

But the talkers are way bigger crassholes. And it isn't fair to anyone else. It is also a peeve of mine. Even all this time out of school.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

When people talk on their cellphones holding them like CB radio receivers, and then move it to their ear to listen after they talk... back and forth like this for the entire conversation... mouth to ear, mouth to ear... How can they hear the person on the other end when they are talking? They can't!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

When people chew with their mouth open. KILL KILL KILL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 pm 
Chard Martyr

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:
When people chew with their mouth open. KILL KILL KILL.

And snap their gum loudly, too?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Oh, oh, and also on tv shows, they never ever use toothpaste when they brush their teeth. Who the hell only uses water when they brush their teeth?....maybe I should just stop watching tv as it seems to annoy the hell out of me..

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

When people use the push-to-talk (walkie talkie) feature on cell phones when they are out in public.

Bad drivers. I am really confused as to how some people that seem to have driver's licenses got them. They really don't seem to understand the basic rules of the road.

Post subject: Re: bring me a spork
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:15 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Aliks wrote:
stephanie wrote:
+ Whenever anyone finds out that I finished high school at 16, there's a beat, and then exactly this: "Wow, you must be really smart!" No, sorry! Now I get to feel super-awkward and explain to you, perfect stranger, how I am not actually smart at all! NOT EVERYONE WHO SKIPS GRADES OR FINISHES HIGH SCHOOL EARLY IS SMART. I just happened to have been cursed with reading and comprehension skills at an early age, and my underfunded rural public school didn't know what the fork to do with a kindergartener who devoured Stephen King novels, so they said hey, send her up a grade so she can be emotionally, physically, and inherently psychologically underdeveloped compared to the rest of her class and wind up a socially maladjusted weirdo for the rest of her life! DEAR POPULAR CULTURE (i.e. last night's episode of "House," where the girl who graduated high school at 15 had a bunch of PhDs and then headed to med school), PLEASE STOP PERPETUATING THIS MYTH.

I'm so glad my mom did not have me bumped up a grade or two like it was suggested, so sorry you had to go through that! Finally got a teacher who challenged me to read and write more than the rest of the class-it was too much of an effort for others.

I had the opposite problem -- I was way ahead of my classmates and bored out of my mind in school, and begged to skip ahead, and my parents were dead against it, thinking I'd end up a socially maladjusted weirdo. Well, guess what, I ended up a socially maladjusted weirdo anyway...and by high school, I had given up on school altogether, because I wasn't getting anything out of it and nobody cared enough to challenge me intellectually. There was one point at which the school I was at ALMOST convinced my parents to let me accelerate in a few subjects, at the beginning of middle school, but then I had to move schools again, and the new school was a whole year behind the school I'd been at before, so it was a great big waste. So now not only am I a socially maladjusted weirdo, but there are HUGE holes in my education because somewhere around 8th and 9th grade, my brain just shut off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:08 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Lixa wrote:
Also: learning that Tim Allen has a new sitcom coming out called "Man Up" reminded me that I can't stand it when people tell people to "man up."

Stephen Colbert did a thing on this and it was really witty. You should check it out if you haven't seen it already. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... m-erection

Fee wrote:
When they're cleaning up after a meal, they get really weird. Like they'll put half the dishes in the dishwasher and wash half or leave half in the sink and it's just plates and silverware.

My husband does this and it drives me batty. I suppose he thinks some magical kitchen fairy (ME) comes along and does the rest. And why wouldn't he? TV has been subconsciously instilling this idea in him since he was a child.

I would totally walk into the kale fetish party with a sparkly silver penis suctioned to my forehead and be like, hey, I'm a unicorn! - choirqueer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:58 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

phee wrote:
Oh and I hate when people in sitcoms don't pout anything into the cup or only pour a little

I hate when sitcom people take dainty little bites. I realize this is because they have lines that need to be comprehended by the audience but it bugs the shiitake out of me anyway. Take a real forking bite.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:04 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

And when they leave a meal they've just gotten or taken one or two bites of - box that shiitake!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

GraciaKai wrote:
jewbacca wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
Where to begin? People do stupid shiitake, it gets on my nerves. I mentally murder hundreds of people a day.

geet outta my head, graciakai!

Hehe, its the only way I make it through my daily commute. I play bumper cars in my head too. The mental image of running people off the road is soothing.

graciakai, you're super funny and sooooooooooo freakin' accurate. I agree that you must retreat from our minds, woman.

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 am 
Grandfathered In

When your best friend from college is extremely talented and has made a career for himself doing what he loves and is very gifted at (and he's driven and he's worked very hard), and everyone loves him, and he meets famous people and he lives a creative, fulfilling life, and you almost can't even stand to hear from him now because, just by living his life and being himself, he makes you feel about 6 inches tall in comparison.

Anyone else hate that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 am 
Dildo Queen

when people don't return my emails or acknowledge things i've done for them. i guess it's more than a pet peeve because it hurts my feelings.

i hate listening to people cutting their nails

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

FootFace wrote:
When your best friend from college is extremely talented and has made a career for himself doing what he loves and is very gifted at (and he's driven and he's worked very hard), and everyone loves him, and he meets famous people and he lives a creative, fulfilling life, and you almost can't even stand to hear from him now because, just by living his life and being himself, he makes you feel about 6 inches tall in comparison.

Anyone else hate that?

Yes, this exact thing is true for me as well. Oh but add on he is also the most ridiculously good looking man you've ever seen! What is with these people!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

MessyCraftster wrote:
phee wrote:

Ugh. This. All week its been doing it.

this and the new iphone update for fb, you can't upload photos anymore, I just get an error.

Major peeve, new things that don't work as well as the old.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next