| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windsor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

....Is there anything vegan and/or worth visiting there?

I'm going to start going there once a month for an appointment, and It'd be nice to know a bit about the area and hit some stuff up while I'm there.

Post subject: Re: Windsor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

...Not really.
Taloola has some vegan options but I've never been there so couldn't tell you for sure if it's good. I know Terra Cotta pizzeria has dairy free cheese for their pizzas but I haven't been there since my pregan days so I don't know if the dough has eggs in it (it's a thin crust dough so chances are that there are no eggs, and tuesdays are 2 for 1 pizza days, they use a wood burning stove to make their pizzas... I need to go back there some time). There's the Art Gallery of Windsor that's worth checking out, which has the Tastebud Bistro attached to it and they have some good vegan options as well.
I can't think of much else to do in Windsor, we get a few of specialty days/festivals, but you'd have to catch them. The downtown scene is fairly active at night and we occasionally get some good bands, but it's hit or miss.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 pm 
Dildo Queen

WAY LATE RESPONSE BUT STILL RELEVANT I HOPE

not gonna lie...my bf is from windsor, but when we visit, we spend much of our time in Detroit. however, windsor has some fun stuff...
Basil Court is a really good Thai restaurant that we eat at every time we go - you can sub any of the chicken/non-veg dishes for tofu, we usually get the peanut sauce chicken one. but i've had a few other dishes and they were good, too.
There are a few shawarma and falafel places downtown that are also really good...
you can go for a nice stroll along the river and see the sculptures.......it's especially pretty at night. lots of people like to go rollerblading along here.
will you ever be there at night? i think most of the bars are open 7 nights a week there. there is one i like called the Loop that plays ~~alternative~~ music and has a fun atmosphere, even if you don't drink, it is fun to hang out there. windsor is mostly bars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm 
Dildo Queen

so an interesting cafe called Taloola cafe opened here, and it's okay. the atmosphere is awesome (bohemian eclectic shiitake), but the food isn't spectacular~*~*~ though they do have some vegan options which is really nice for windsor. the marinated tofu wrap is the best thing on the menu. it's so forking delicous. and they have vegan baked goods!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

Thai Lanxang is also super amazing, and Said the Whale is coming in April! YAY!